The Droid Failure

I had an iPhone for 18 months and here is a list of stuff that CAN NOT be preformed with the iPhone:

1) Can't customize
2) Can't get apps outside the app store
3) Can't tether
4) Can't record video (3g)
5) Cant zoom or flash on camera
6) Barely any menu options
7) Very limited multitasking
8) No insurance through ATT
9) Bluetooth is only good for connecting a headset
10) You can only send one picture at a time in an email
11) Can't expand memory
12) Can't change battery

there are more... those are just off the top of my head issues that i hated and tried to live my life around... not anymore though :)
How about no Back, Menu, or Search buttons. The lack of the first two severely limit the functionality of most apps. It's kind of like Apple's one-button mouse - sure, it's simple for those who crave that sort of simplicity. But for me, I need my right-click, scroll wheel and middle click.

Don't connect Apple bigots with iPhone sheep. There is a difference. Many who own iPhone's have never owned any form of mac computer and they are compensating their Apple envy for blind faith in the iPhone.

I own a Macbook, but I in no way support iPods or iPhone's...not for now anyway.

I agree. Everyone RESIST TEMPTATION..LET THIS THREAD DIE. He has succeeded. He has received our attention.

Don't connect Apple bigots with iPhone sheep. There is a difference. Many who own iPhone's have never owned any form of mac computer and they are compensating their Apple envy for blind faith in the iPhone.

I own a Macbook, but I in no way support iPods or iPhone's...not for now anyway.

I agree. Everyone RESIST TEMPTATION..LET THIS THREAD DIE. He has succeeded. He has received our attention.
Point taken about the diff between Apple and iPhone. Thanks.

Wow we got fanboism bad.................:icon_ banana:

Geez I am a new owner too

I guess all who replied to you are correct. The only thing I have to say is that the Verizon rep told me Tues. that they were getting the iPhone but who knows?
Joanne

your an idiot

Btw, you can do almost all those things.....

I found out one thing you can't do on your Mobile PC....spellcheck, the word performed is spelled as I have spelled it not as you spelled it preformed.

Maybe he was talking about his preformed dislike for the droid? :icon_ devil:

Haha I agree with all the posts above. :icon_ banana:

For all those interested, you CAN view a Tiff. The email/gmail program has a built in Tiff viewer. If you receive it in an email, it will show in the body and if you hit the "preview" button it will enlarge it.

Also, almost every one of the other items on the list are available by third party apps which is a HUGE benefit to Android over the iPhone. Where Apple is careful to avoid third party apps that do what their native apps do or an app they are considering might do, Google says "If you think you can do it better, by all means..." and they put it out there for you to choose. Some are great, some need help but they leave it to the market to decide.

I don't necessarily think this thread is a bad thing since it helps to see a list of what people are having trouble with and work together to find answers. I just want to ask that we avoid matching his tone. If there is one thing that we don't need to do is be "fanboys" There is PLENTY of business out there for both Apple and Google/motorola/htc whomever and it isn't necessary for one to fail for the other to succeed. Both surviving, both thriving feeds the others creativity and creates better phones on both fronts. If one "wins" the they have no reason to improve but if they have competition, they do. So, rather than being hateful or ugly to those who seek to be hateful on here, let's just prove them wrong in a civil tone.

Also, if MOST of us are honest, the thing that attracted us to the DROID is that we wanted an iPhone but didn't want AT&T along with it and the DROID was the first phone Verizon's had that REALLY had a comparable experience. Only AFTER getting it did we find out that it really has some significant improvements AND some room for improvement. I'm glad I wound up with the DROID because I'm having a heck of a lot of fun and more and more developers are coming on board daily so it's only going to get more fun. Let's keep it that way.

Guys...If you want an iPhone get an iPhone.

I don't want an imitation of anything. You don't win the battle by imitating a competitor. Wait for the Passion if you want a Verizon phone that is supposed to be a clone of an iPhone (if it even comes to the carrier and if not go to Sprint). It is disgusting but maybe thats the goal of some of us in here.

Let this thread die. We are giving the troll attention and he has succeeded in his goal.

One of the dumbest posts that I have read in my entire time here (granted it hasn't been that long). Go back to your old phone? How about learning how to use what you have--that seems like a great idea, doesn't it?

The Droid is very customizable, and can do most of the things you are claiming it can't. I am not going to waste my time proving what has already been proven repeatedly on this thread.

This, to me, does not seem legitimate. And this is actually someone who had these problems, and is complaining about it.

"See ya'."

I guess all who replied to you are correct. The only thing I have to say is that the Verizon rep told me Tues. that they were getting the iPhone but who knows?
Joanne

I was told that by an alltel agent even before the iPhone came onto the market...

Back