★ The Official 2012 NFL Season Thread ★

We'll see. The whooping NE put on HOU last time might make them overconfident.

As a Denver fan, I want to punch Tony Carter and Rahim Moore in the mouth. How do you play three deep zone, and still get burnt with a minute left in the game?

Same way the Seahawks let Gonzales be so open, then Carroll calls a timeout just before the Falcons kicker missed the first attempt?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Same way the Seahawks let Gonzales be so open, then Carroll calls a timeout just before the Falcons kicker missed the first attempt?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Right, and I remember when "icing" the kicker used to work.

I thought statistically icing the kicker never really improved chances. I think it just gives the HC a psychological edge:D

That's the second time I've seen it back fire and they missed the first try but made the second. There was a game last year where the kicker made the first but their own coach (Lions I think, maybe Bucs) called a time out then the kicker missed the second

Support Our Troops!!!
sent from a Beano using a beta
<><

When it first happened it was probably effective now everyone knows it is coming. You want to fool somebody Pete Carroll should stand there like he is going to call a timeout so the kicker think he will get a second chance. But don't call anything and let the kicker miss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Most kickers say they like having the practice kick, icing the kicker was always done before the offense was set. It is only in the last few years that coaches have been calling time out just prior to the snap. I've never understood it, why give the kicker a chance to judge the distance, wind, and footing. Then again, I have always been a great coach from my couch.

GO PATS!

Most kickers say they like having the practice kick, icing the kicker was always done before the offense was set. It is only in the last few years that coaches have been calling time out just prior to the snap. I've never understood it, why give the kicker a chance to judge the distance, wind, and footing. Then again, I have always been a great coach from my couch.

GO PATS!
aren't we all?:D

Surprise hiring of Chip Kelly by the Eagles. Good way to bring about the future of the organization, hopefully he'll turn it around like he did Oregon. Probably means Vick is sticking around though:angry:

Surprise hiring of Chip Kelly by the Eagles. Good way to bring about the future of the organization, hopefully he'll turn it around like he did Oregon. Probably means Vick is sticking around though:angry:

Isn't it Oregon that's in the hot seat with the NCAA right now?

Isn't it Oregon that's in the hot seat with the NCAA right now?
Are they? Not sure, don't keep up with NCAAFB, I just know that he turned that school's program around and piled up a pretty amazing record.

They're saying Chip took the job cause he'll have as much control as Bill does in NE so we'll see. I like the change and was surprised by it. An offensive coach like that with all the weapons the Eagles have should be a good mix, plus his words won't fall on empty ears much like Reid's did the last two seasons.

Back