Theming Guide for changing system text settings.

I've felt like that at times as well. Don't give up. It can get frustrating at times and I still get that way. It's just my problems now are different from when I started.

PM me or hit me up on gtalk if you have questions.

In the framework-res.apk i figured out how to point something to a picture such as @drawable/default_wallpaper but how do you point it towards the set wallpaper. I tried @android:style/theme.wallpaper and a million other ways but can only get it towards a picture not the set wallpaper.
What should i point at for the set wallpaper?

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
<item name="textColor">@color/bright_foreground_dark</item>

black menus with white txt?

Yes that would be white text all the time, even on presses.

Sorry for the noob question. I've read the entire thread and I understand changing the colors, font sizes, and alignment. However, i can't find anything on if anyone tried to add a widget to the lockscreen. Does anyone know if it's possible to add the weather bug elite widget (com.aws.android.widget.TyphoonForecastWidget) to the lock screen?

Sorry for the noob question. I've read the entire thread and I understand changing the colors, font sizes, and alignment. However, i can't find anything on if anyone tried to add a widget to the lockscreen. Does anyone know if it's possible to add the weather bug elite widget (com.aws.android.widget.TyphoonForecastWidget) to the lock screen?

You might be able to do that with Widget Locker from the Market. I haven't used it myself, but I have heard other people talk about it.

I don't really want another app that lays over the lock screen. I wanted to see if anyone has tried adding a 3rd party widget to the keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml file.

First off is the text on buttons.

Do a ctrl+f to bring up the find button.
Type widget.button and click find next. (hit find next 6 times)
You should now be at this portion of the .xml

Code:
 <style name="Widget.Button" parent="@style/Widget">
        <item name="textAppearance">?textAppearanceSmallInverse</item>
        <item name="textColor">@color/primary_text_light</item>
        <item name="gravity">center</item>
        <item name="background">@drawable/btn_default</item>
        <item name="focusable">true</item>
        <item name="clickable">true</item>
    </style>
Where it says primary_text_light (black) change to primary_text_dark (white).
Also you could delete the whole @color/primary_text_light and just put #ffff00ae as an example for the color code you desire.
If that is all you need save and look down for the completing instructions.

Next is the menu text (when you hit the soft key for menu)

Do ctrl + f and put in TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item and click find next.
You should now be at this area

Code:
    <style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
        <item name="textColor">?textColorPrimary</item>
    </style>
Change textColorPrimaryInverse (black) to textColorPrimary (white and then black when pressed)
Also you could delete the whole ?textColorPrimary and just put #ffff00ae as an example for the color code you desire.
If that is all you need save and look down for the completing instructions.

I have tried both of these steps and have not seen any changes. I am, however, using a DInc that uses HTC Sense. Has anybody been able to successfully change the soft menu text color to white in HTC Sense? I am going crazy trying to figure this out.

Edit: The only thing that I can figure out is that I am getting this when I am compiling:

Please make your decision: 10
W: Could not find sources
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
I: Building apk file...

Is this normal or do I have something going wrong with APK Manager?

Last edited:
Why are you using option 10? You should decompile with 9 and compile with 11....

Sent from nowhere to somewhere......

OK, sorry Devil, didn't know you were using Linux...

All the notification and statusbar stuff will be in the layout folder in res of Framework...

Look for the statusbar***.xmls

Back