Theming Guide for changing system text settings.

You trying to change the system font color or just the clock on the lockscreen or whatnot?

And are you decompiling?... if decompiling and editting the XMLs in the values folder only, then all you would need to do is delete the resources.arsc file from the keep folder when recompiling...

Deciple.. yes, the values go into the resources.arsc file. So if you are trying to edit, recompile and them move those xmls over, when it comes to the values folder files, I suppose you would have to move resources.arsc over (never tried that though but it makes sense in my head). If you are editing any xml like in the layout folder or anywhere else, you can just grab that file and move it over.

For the font color on the lockscreen, besides bgill's unexplained way, there is a different way. In the layout folder you will see some keyguard_xxxxx.xml files. You can add in a line in there to change the clock, the am/pm, the date and a status1 and status2 font colors. The line would be as such... android:textColor="#ffbc1010" That example is a dark red. If you go back to page 4 of this thread (assuming you show 50 posts per page) bgill has a screenshot of that if you would like to see it visually done before you try it.

hahahahahahaha/... that was kinda funny...lol :p

actually that was something that B-Boy did try and he said it worked (copy over the resources.arsc file manually)

just trying to check if deciple wants just the lockscreen clock color changed or system wide fontt color change??
and adding the android color code into the xml may clash with a code pointing to another text color via another XML.. meaning the other XML might still tkae precedence...makes sense right?

makes sense to me. When that happens, its bad news..lol
I know it works ok with the lockscreen ones though, been doing that for awhile. (OK, I know it works on SS, BB, UD and PE). Can't speak for all ROM's.

Deciple, are you decompiling? Are you using apk manager? Which version? And what exactly are you trying to change? We can help a lot better if we know these things...

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

ok I an decompiling using apk manager 4.9, I edit the styles xml currently inside the values folder. But I'm currently applying the changes to a custom rom....only way I can get that to work is to replace my roms asrc file with the one I compile.
So far the only thing I found out is that its easier to add a color in the colors xml then go through and change where all the @color/whatever to what I want & my battery gauge dissappears...lol
I wanna be able to bo some things like strat did with the transparent background.
too bad you have to use a stock apk to pull from, it would be sooo much easier if I could just decompile the rom I'm using, edit it then compile and use

ok I an decompiling using apk manager 4.9, I edit the styles xml currently inside the values folder. But I'm currently applying the changes to a custom rom....only way I can get that to work is to replace my roms asrc file with the one I compile.
So far the only thing I found out is that its easier to add a color in the colors xml then go through and change where all the @color/whatever to what I want & my battery gauge dissappears...lol
I wanna be able to bo some things like strat did with the transparent background.
too bad you have to use a stock apk to pull from, it would be sooo much easier if I could just decompile the rom I'm using, edit it then compile and use

And what errors you get when trying to decompile your 'custom' ROM/

Deciple, put the stock imahes from the drawable-hdpi and drawable-land-hdpip folders into your ROM's folders. decompile, edit and recompile. Then after that, stick your ROM's images back in.

lol @ me and you.. we are in the same place at the same time a lot..lol :)

LOL... yeah today atleast...:p

@Deciple...
so it's decompiling but doesn't recompile?... and due to broken .9.PNGs? ... or is it erroring on an XML?... can you post the log from APKManager

Mbk.. I tell ya what burns my chaps (keeping it family oriented..lol) When an app recompiles and such perfectly fine and then FC's on my phone. That ever happen to you? Seems like if it ain't gonna work on my phone, it shouldnt work on APK manager as well.

What errors are you getting? I have never not been able to decompile a framework?

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

C:\android\tools\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:3892: error: Public symbol drawable/zzzzz_tw_quickcontact_slider_grip_right declared here is not defined.
C:\android\tools\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:3893: error: Public symbol drawable/zzzzz_tw_quickcontact_top_frame declared here is not defined.
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\deciple\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL4947772698808845272.tmp, -x, -S, C:\android\tools\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\android\tools\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(Unknown Source)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Unknown Source)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Unknown Source)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Unknown Source)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Unknown Source)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Unknown Source)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\deciple\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL4947772698808845272.tmp, -x, -S, C:\android\tools\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\android\tools\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(Unknown Source)

Thats the bottom half of it, but yeah about the .9 pngs.
It decompiles fine, recompiling is where I run into the snag.
Haven't tried swapping the drawables for decompilation though, I'll give that a try.

Back