Theming Guide for changing system text settings.

I have a lot to learn. Seems like I'm gonna have to print this thread out and carry it around with me like a bible so that I can refer back to it at least 30 times a day.

Hello,

first, sorry for english. i come from Germany.

My problem:

Now my menu is black =) and the font is white =)

But in menus "more" the background is also dark but the font is black, too?

Any suggestions to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Styles.xml look for expanded menu or something like that. Should be towards the end of the file.

Ok...... I've read alllllll the way to here from the very beginning of the thread stopping along the way to try the stuff I've read. I have had some success kind of, with going back to a stock rom and pulling the framework, decompiling, editing the res/values/styles .xml but I boot into an unstable operating system that continues to inform me that there are problems that need to be force closed.
Now............I've read back a few posts and discovered that someone mentioned that after compiling, you take the xml that was edited and transfer it to the apk that you wanna customize.
I would like a little more detail in describing the method of accomplishing this.
I would like some guidance.

This is happening on unedited recompiles of framework-res for me though. With me taking the stock unthemed framework-res from the ROM, decompiling it, recompiling it, signing it, then getting it onto my phone. I use adb usually, but have tried creating update.zip files as well. So something somewhere is screwy on my end, I just can't figure out what.
How are you pushing in onto your phone? The best way and most stable for me is to throw it into a zip and flash it like a ROM/theme.

How is this done?

Deciple.... decompile, edit and recompile like you have been. Then use 7zip to open archive both the stock app and your edited app. Find the xls you edited and then drag them over to the stock app. Just make sure you put everything In the same folder.

To answer your other question, find a blank template. Thebowers has one posted in this thread somewhere. Then using 7zip, put your edited frame in the framework folder or if its an app/ in the app folder. Close the template. Link up the phone and copy it to the sd card. Then reboot into recovery and install it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Ok .... yeah I have changed the text color. Thanks. Do you know where the primary is so all I have to do is change 1 thing instead of scrolling through and making changes individually?
Also, where it says background throughout the xmls, does changing whatever it says to transparent make it transparent?

FYI Bowers I found out how to change the lock screen without adding anything to the XML!!!

Woooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooo my quest is over!!!!!

snap20100731161101.png
How are you doing that without changing the xml If you don't mind enlightening me?

What do you want to do to the lockscreen?

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

Keyguards in colors.xml I would guess those change the lockscreen font color.

You can either add the hex values into the lockscreen xmls or change the text color system wide in framework...

Snead... there are some keyguard_lockscreen_text_color lines in colors.xml

I believe they changed the color of the text after you use the sliders, like when you slide to turn the sound off and the "sound off" message pops up, they change those colors but I could be wrong...

is there a main 1 that everything else points to & do you know off hand which xml it's in?
I'm talking about a font color here.
On another note, the xmls that I do edit, Do I just need the resource.arsc? Or do I need to take all xmls I edit and put them where they go?
If thats the case, then what about the values folder? Are those xmls stuffed into the resource.arse?
Sorry about the questions but as soon as I get this understood, I'll be good to go.

Back