Verizon Confirms 4G Disconnect Issues with HTC Thunderbolt; Working On Fix

Please name the "WAY too many flaws"? Other than the Battery issues people report. Every device has issues. I can't count how many there were on each BB device I owned, or even with my Droid X.

Data dropping, battery life, half the advertised on board memory, terrible call quality, no 4g toggle, no HTCsense.com, broken fast boot when in 3g coverage, GPS issues... Not to mention overpriced, and still incapable of properly charging without the bump charge.

I agree with the poster who questions Verizon saying they will fix this, Verizon would've tweeted it...

The TB won't be a 'flagship' device for long, the next 4g phone is actually marketed as a 'Droid' meaning it is seen by Verizon as a better and more important device than the TB... Droid Charge...

So let's tackle these one at a time:

Data dropping - only LTE and only in certain areas not everyone is effected, battery life - same as HTC EVO stop complaining and buy an extended battery
half the advertised on board memory - software glitch its there
terrible call quality - don't know what thunderbolt your using but mine has had perfect call quality
no 4g toggle - agreed that stinks but only because Verizon wants people using the new network instead of staying on the old technology
no HTCsense.com - WTF is that? Used to synchronize data I'm assuming? Get a gmail account its a google phone!!!
broken fast boot when in 3g coverage - no clue what that is either so for the typical user not an issue
GPS issues-none here
Not to mention overpriced - agree completely
still incapable of properly charging without the bump charge - never had to bump charge mine

So this is all just one person's view of course, but just goes to show you not everyone has the same experience, and don't forget the forum world only accounts for maybe 20-25% of the total amount of users, so that means the other 75% would be typical and would return it if they felt something was wrong. Guess what the returns have not been astronomical, and in fact they have not been close to what the returns were when Apple came out with the iPhone 4 and their signal issues.

Again please you try and develop something like this and tell me you won't have any issues out of the gate
Yeah, don't worry about the Tar Hole. He's got something against the TBolt and anyone who uses it.

Yeah, don't worry about the Tar Hole. He's got something against the TBolt and anyone who uses it.
He owns an itoy do you expect anything less?

I'm done feeding the troll.

He owns an itoy do you expect anything less?

I'm done feeding the troll.

LMAO!!! He owns an iphone, LOL no wonder he has no clue. Go back to your locked down device that you can't even replace the battery on.

LMAO!!! He owns an iphone, LOL no wonder he has no clue. Go back to your locked down device that you can't even replace the battery on.

Crud. I wish I hadn't wasted my time responding to his post in that other thread. :mad:

I finally moved up from my rooted OG Droid a couple of weeks ago, honestly because I feared getting stuck with a (still-rumored, but completely plausible) tiered data plan. Nothing on Verizon's horizon indicated an LTE device with a physical keyboard, so I climbed on-board the TBolt bandwagon. And y'know what?

I haven't had a single issue. Activation was flawless. Device functionality has been 100%. I did lose network connectivity once... last night, when there were sever storms in my area. Power went out at my house, and I'm assuming cell sites were affected too. My cell voice/data connectivity were restored faster than my power was.

As much as I loved my DROID, the TBolt is faster in every way. I can do voice and data while on a 3G connection. I have absolutely zero complaints, and would (and do!) recommend this device to everyone I know.

Network and device glitches happen on the bleeding edge, which is why I was hesitant to go with the TBolt. But I have no regrets.

i cannot find the link but i believe i saw it somewhere on here or xdadevelopers but some company released a 4G toggle app. damn, i wish i could find it.. gotta dig through my history

ah, thats what that was. I would randomly stop getting 4g sometimes. Glad they at least acknowledged it.

OTA? All I hear is OTA this, OTA that, <blank> we've had OTA promises since DAY 1 and there hasn't been anything. OTA for the Internal memory only being 4GB when advertised at 8. OTA for the video volume. I have 0 hopes for an OTA. Already, the rom I'm running fixes the Bluetooth audio problem I had (0 volume) so whatever. OTA my fat <blank>.

I totally agree with you. I mean I'm glad Verizon is at least acknowledging there are issues with the Thunderbolt but quit telling us that there's going to be an OTA for all these issues "soon" when so far there hasn't been anything.

I've had the issue, living in a 4G area, I've seen 4G, 3G, and no G in my notification panel. This was happening so bad one day I called 611 and they said I needed to do a factory reset, that would fix the problem. I stopped at a Verizon store and thats what the rep apparently had been told too (in a way I guess that's Verizon confirming the issue) so that's what we did. He said I shouldn't have to do it again, however that night when I got home it was happening again. I believe there is a problem; I would love to see the link where Verizon is admitting to it and talking about an OTA fix. Then I would believe the title of this thread. For what it's worth it's been pretty stable lately and otherwise I love the phone.

Data dropping, battery life, half the advertised on board memory, terrible call quality, no 4g toggle, no HTCsense.com, broken fast boot when in 3g coverage, GPS issues... Not to mention overpriced, and still incapable of properly charging without the bump charge.

I agree with the poster who questions Verizon saying they will fix this, Verizon would've tweeted it...

The TB won't be a 'flagship' device for long, the next 4g phone is actually marketed as a 'Droid' meaning it is seen by Verizon as a better and more important device than the TB... Droid Charge...

So let's tackle these one at a time:

Data dropping - only LTE and only in certain areas not everyone is effected, battery life - same as HTC EVO stop complaining and buy an extended battery
half the advertised on board memory - software glitch its there
terrible call quality - don't know what thunderbolt your using but mine has had perfect call quality
no 4g toggle - agreed that stinks but only because Verizon wants people using the new network instead of staying on the old technology
no HTCsense.com - WTF is that? Used to synchronize data I'm assuming? Get a gmail account its a google phone!!!
broken fast boot when in 3g coverage - no clue what that is either so for the typical user not an issue
GPS issues-none here
Not to mention overpriced - agree completely
still incapable of properly charging without the bump charge - never had to bump charge mine

So this is all just one person's view of course, but just goes to show you not everyone has the same experience, and don't forget the forum world only accounts for maybe 20-25% of the total amount of users, so that means the other 75% would be typical and would return it if they felt something was wrong. Guess what the returns have not been astronomical, and in fact they have not been close to what the returns were when Apple came out with the iPhone 4 and their signal issues.

Again please you try and develop something like this and tell me you won't have any issues out of the gate

Dude asked me what flaws there are, so I listed them... Now you guys attack me?

Buyers remorse, huh??

Yes I do have an iPhone, I buy quality... I also have a couple of Android phones...
This is "Droid" forum anyway, the TB isn't a "Droid", its like the Fascinate and the Devour!!!

Enjoy your purchase, but don't get mad at new for warning others not to buy it.

Dude asked me what flaws there are, so I listed them... Now you guys attack me?

Because its the interwebz, didn't realize you would take it so personally LoL!
You would think we just touched his iToy or something.

FYI- "Droid" is synonymously(too big of a word for you?) used with all Android phones.

Silly Kids.

I have had some issues with the 4g disconnect. It seems to happen only when using the 4g hotspots for extended periods of time. Also my phone gets quite hot when this happens about 111°F battery temperature. I have even recreated the problem for the reps at my local Verizon store.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have had some issues with the 4g disconnect. It seems to happen only when using the 4g hotspots for extended periods of time. Also my phone gets quite hot when this happens about 111°F battery temperature. I have even recreated the problem for the reps at my local Verizon store.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Go into the 4G hotspot application and select advanced, click on power mode. Try changing it to Always on. I've never had any disconnects but when I have the hotspot active I'm using it.

Back