[Video] Swype - a revolution on typing

omg im a dork! :) forgot to switch the keyboard thingy! ok love this app!

We are all dorks, we are playing on cell phones while typing on the internet so we can figure out how to type on the internet faster from our cell phone lol.

just installed it and wow, its pretty awesome.

is there any way you set it so that you only get the swype keyboard in portrait mode? swype is amazing for potrait and definitely much easier to use than stock, but it's a little awkward "swyping" when holding the phone in landscape, so I would prefer stock keyboard in landscape.

you dont have to unselect android keyboard. if you keep both selected you can hold the text box and the option for swype wil come up, and whenever you wanna go back hold the text box again and select android for input selection.

you dont have to unselect android keyboard. if you keep both selected you can hold the text box and the option for swype wil come up, and whenever you wanna go back hold the text box again and select android for input selection.
yup yup. which makes it very easy to use Swype for texting, even some web browsing... but if you need the regular keyboard, maybe to enter a username or what not... it's a simple long press away !

SlideIT in German

The only thing i miss so far is a fast switch option between languages...cuz i write german on sms and a lot of english on the forums .... but its NICE!

Actually Swype supports only English and Spanish.
But SlideIT has already 14 language packs : Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.

The keyboard is provided with primary and secondary languages, and the user can switch between them at any time

see here: SlideIT - Multilanguage

OK, I must be really stupid. I downloaded Swype again. I move my finger along the keyboard to "type" and nothing shows up on the screen. Well, occasionally i get a bunch of incorrect letters. How hard do you need to press on the screen keyboard? Do you have to press harder when you scroll over the letters that you want? am I just too frekin stupid? I watched the tutorial. I didn't see anything special about how to make this work.

Swype is not working on my Magic HTC. "The Swype package you installed does not match the screen size of your device"

Last edited:
Why hijack the thread with other software...

swype worked perfect on my phone and all the people I have shown (to include iphone users) were blown away. What a great piece of software. Just follow the instructions on the site and install it.

How about that Better Keyboard?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_HOhaxK7NeA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_HOhaxK7NeA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

;)

Guys, we appreciate alternatives but this thread is for Swype interest/feedback. Please don't start hijacking thread by posting every other keyboard.

@martin: what i posted was a joke, sorry

wuyanks... it only showed up as html code.... no link.... And I read it wrong.... "How about 'that' Better Keyboard?" keyword being that... which does make it amusing :)

I was refering to SlideIT keyboard.... but after some research, it appears some Android devices won't work with Swype because of screen size, so SlideIT might be a viable alternative.

OK, I must be really stupid. I downloaded Swype again. I move my finger along the keyboard to "type" and nothing shows up on the screen. Well, occasionally i get a bunch of incorrect letters. How hard do you need to press on the screen keyboard? Do you have to press harder when you scroll over the letters that you want? am I just too frekin stupid? I watched the tutorial. I didn't see anything special about how to make this work.

I don't think capacitive touch screens are pressure sensitive, so I don't think it has anything to do with your pressure. Did you try rebooting your phone and seeing if that worked? Or rebooting with a battery pull, sometimes this fixes problems that arise from installing new programs. If that doesn't work maybe the installation became wonky, try re-installing it again.

Back