[Video] Swype - a revolution on typing

OK, I must be really stupid. I downloaded Swype again. I move my finger along the keyboard to "type" and nothing shows up on the screen. Well, occasionally i get a bunch of incorrect letters. How hard do you need to press on the screen keyboard? Do you have to press harder when you scroll over the letters that you want? am I just too frekin stupid? I watched the tutorial. I didn't see anything special about how to make this work.

I don't think capacitive touch screens are pressure sensitive, so I don't think it has anything to do with your pressure. Did you try rebooting your phone and seeing if that worked? Or rebooting with a battery pull, sometimes this fixes problems that arise from installing new programs. If that doesn't work maybe the installation became wonky, try re-installing it again.
I reinstalled the program and it works. Thanks

The only thing i miss so far is a fast switch option between languages...cuz i write german on sms and a lot of english on the forums .... but its NICE!

Actually Swype supports only English and Spanish.
But SlideIT has already 14 language packs : Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.

The keyboard is provided with primary and secondary languages, and the user can switch between them at any time

see here: SlideIT - Multilanguage

Does SlideIT speak ANDROID ?? :)

I've been running this app through its paces most of the afternoon and it is SCARY how accurate it is. It's even picking up on people's first and last names - maybe because they're in my contacts - I don't know.

This may very well be the most useful app I've downloaded yet.

Have to agree with you on that one it puts shapewriter to shame when you compare the accuracy of the two apps

a lot of fun, definitely a nice app, cant wait for the full version to come out.

Most impressive.. first time I have even been able to respond to my wife's texts faster than she can reply back.. too funny, she was getting frustrated trying to keep up and had to know how I was doing it (I am an old school 2 finger typer even on a PC) :)

WOW, this is incredible! I'm definitely making the switch!!!

After further use, I'm officially hooked. I realize I'd been holding back and 'writing' words in jerky steps assuming if I sped up or didn't pivot on the correct letter the accuracy would plummit, but it's frighteningly good at guessing what I'm trying to write even when I mess up a bit.

Does anyone know if there is a way to copy/paste from swype?

After further use, I'm officially hooked. I realize I'd been holding back and 'writing' words in jerky steps assuming if I sped up or didn't pivot on the correct letter the accuracy would plummit, but it's frighteningly good at guessing what I'm trying to write even when I mess up a bit.

if you press on the symbol key at the bottom left, then press on it again, it'll bring you Edit mode which has select functionality and copy/cut/paste. :) really handy feature

if you press on the symbol key at the bottom left, then press on it again, it'll bring you Edit mode which has select functionality and copy/cut/paste. :) really handy feature

Excellent!! Thanks much. :icon_ banana:

Back