VZW Galaxy Nexus Experiencing Signal Issues; Verizon Acknowledges & Working on Fix

I'm not sure if my data connection is worse or not. I have less bars but strong connection. That could be a software issue where the phones calculate it differently (remember the iPhone 4 issues?). However - I do not get 4g in my home - I get it outside. Even in the Verizon store they only had 4g in the front of the store. I just hope it is not a frequency problem Verizon has that lets structures block performance.

Wow, I'm glad i've been broke since the release of this thing. Hopefully these issues will be worked out by the time I get paid.

What Really get me MAD..is I just came from the Bionic that has had theses same issues since day one. and it was getting better after the last Update. I would think Google would have the inside track on the software problems. And since they also Own Motorola,.. they should know the Hardware problems too.

What Really get me MAD..is I just came from the Bionic that has had theses same issues since day one. and it was getting better after the last Update. I would think Google would have the inside track on the software problems. And since they also Own Motorola,.. they should know the Hardware problems too.

Um, the Galaxy Nexus is made by Samsung, not Motorola. :) And Google doesn't own anything yet.

I experience intermittent 4G, but I figured it was cause I'm in a border area. I REALLY did not expect 4G here in Blacksburg Va, I was shocked. So I may not count in those having problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yea I am also having this problem. I thought it was the cover I had on it but no it was the same without. I hope they can fix quickly b.c i love this phone.

Compared to my old htc thunderbolt, the galaxy nexus does have fewer signal bars for me but it has been performing just as well. i haven't had any dropped calls or any drops in data connectivity. i live in NW Indiana in the Chicago metropolitan.

4G is out most of the time in 4G covered area. 3G signal is all over the place inside. Much worse than OG Droid. I love the phone besides, but will be returning it if this can't be resolved soon.

i think there are bigger issues going on at vzw. My tbolt, has been 1x/3g/ no data wheter im in a strong 4g area (nyc) or a strong 3g are (long island).

I was going to warranty the phone but brok the screen so i have t ohold off.

But, i put my sim card in another tbolt>same issue
i switched sims with a bionic> same issue (for both phones).

so either my sim card is messed up, or there's a bigger issue.

3g phones are fine.

Nexus Returned & Exchanged for HTC Rezounds

We purchased 2 phones last week - beautiful as they were and 4 bars of 4G service in the store - walked into the house - no bars - walked all over the house, nothing, no service whatsoever - outside on the patio, nothing, even got a warning box popup about No Network Connection - needless to say after putting up with that over the weekend they were returned yesterday. We were told there was a software fix coming but they could not say it would be before the Jan 15th cut-off date for returns (however even though we did exchange them for Rezounds - we were still charged the $35.00 each restocking fee). The Rezounds work perfectly in our home.

We purchased 2 phones last week - beautiful as they were and 4 bars of 4G service in the store - walked into the house - no bars - walked all over the house - outside on the patio - nothing - needless to say after putting up with that over the weekend they were returned yesterday. We were told there was a software fix coming but they could not say it would be before the Jan 15th cut-off date for returns (however even though we did exchange them for Rezounds - we were still charged the $35.00 each restocking fee). The Rezounds work perfectly in our home.
Thxz for the heads up,I was wondering if we xchnged them would VZW still chrge us restocking fee,ooooh well!!!!!

i think there are bigger issues going on at vzw. My tbolt, has been 1x/3g/ no data wheter im in a strong 4g area (nyc) or a strong 3g are (long island).

I was going to warranty the phone but brok the screen so i have t ohold off.

But, i put my sim card in another tbolt>same issue
i switched sims with a bionic> same issue (for both phones).

so either my sim card is messed up, or there's a bigger issue.

3g phones are fine.

I'm having the same problems in RI. I go from 4G to 1X instantly or lose my data connection entirely. It comes back but it's very annoying. I've called verizon numerous times but of course they say that it's the first they have heard of it.

Back