Verizon's Galaxy Nexus software update will adjust signal strength indicator.

I just want my call quality to get fixed :( .. right now I get bad electronic distortions in my ear ... and the person on the other end gets static

Sometimes I have a data connection, then I make a phone call (which of course turns off the data connection), and when the phone calls ends the data connection does NOT come back. The bars stay gray. If I reboot the phone, then it connects again and the bars are blue.

I've noticed the same thing when I turn on wifi. I have 3G, switch to wifi for use in my house, then I plan to leave the house so I turn wifi off. The 3G does NOT come back. I have to reboot the phone.

Doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes...
I was wonmdering about those gray bars.As Im typin this-Im have -120 where my blkberry use 2 have at least 2-3 bars.I can make phone calls and get on the net with no bars

I can fix that now. Its simply a matter of changing images in a couple apk files. I can give you the impression you have FULL connectivity ALL the time if you want me to lol

Doesnt mean you will actually have full connectivity though. Verizon should bid this job out to meeeeeeee.....mwuahahahaha. Ill have the update later today not months lol.

j/k...no seriously!

I didn't see it posted, are they saying the Nexus is showing more bars then it should, or not enough?

Signal is good

I know my device shows no bars, yet I get good signal. This will just fix what I know to already be true.

I just wanted to point out here....that if you have -120 dbm, you practically have no signal at all. and on top of that if you still get decent 4G service, you're reading the 3G signal strength and not the 4G strength.

Try putting your phone in airplane mode. the signal will display -120. Nice trick, ey?

So in a nutshell-those of us who can make phone calls and get on the net with no bars,this update is gonna help us and those with bad antennas this update is gonna make u think you have a good or better signal

No, the point is this update is a placebo and does nothing for the firmware or radio hardware.

How can you tell what the signal range is (dbm)? Is there an app or is this something you can look at in the settings?

Does anyone with the bad signal issues have the dB of their signal? Right now my DroidX is showing 3 bars, but I have -72dB signal strength. That is a pretty decent signal strength. If people are showing 1 bar and getting that, then it is a signal bar display issue. However, if they are getting -90 or higher dB...its a poor signal.

How can you tell what the signal range is (dbm)? Is there an app or is this something you can look at in the settings?

System Settings, About Phone, Status. Its right there.

Well if that's all verizon is doing for an update I'll be taking the Nexus back. I bought this phone off contract, and I'm not keeping a phone which may or may not have a hardware issue. I can always purchase it again down the road if there is a permanent fix

What's even funnier, is that I don't get above -80dbm in my area (when I'm paying attention anyways) and I have no signal or call quality issues.

Back