What are Your First Impessions Of The Galaxy Nexus?

i love it personally but bear in mind that i bought the motodroid two years ago and have been rocking with that ever since. screen is huge, definition on HD vids is great, video camera is much better than still pictures. speed is insane both d/l and processing. facial recognition feature is cool but not foolproof. im not really a big download movies to my phone type of guy but maybe i will start now. overall i am much more than pleased with the phone and i have been recommending it to anyone who will listen. love it!

You charging with the included Samsung charger, or off USB?

I ask because the newest devices seem to prefer high-rate chargers (.8-1.0 amp), and most USB ports won't deliver that.

The one it came with.

Would love to see some pros and cons if any of you who have it can pry yourself from it for a few.

Not sure if I've got a bad one, but to me the screen is not all that everyone's saying it is. Mine seems very "grainy" with light colored apps/games/websites. The darks are very clean. Also when tethering to my laptop to watch Slingbox, I thought the picture would be better with this phone, vs my Thunderbolt, but the Thunderbolt actually did a better job and produced a better pic. Speedtest results were half what my TB was putting out. Going to give it a few more days, but I think I may go trade it in for the Rezound

I'm having a problem with my nexus...:(

When I press the side button and look at the phone half hour later my battery indicator reads higher percentage than when I closed it...

Oh wait don't think that's a problem.

I hate every phone that I've used before this one. I hope things stay like this lol

I have to admit, ICS has a slight learning curve.

Pros: gorgeous phone, thin, lovely to hold, amazing screen, FAST at absolutely everything, 4G incredibly swift, new keyboard much better.

Cons: body is beautiful but very slick, have already dropped it three times, battery life is incredibly bad--I was expecting bad but not like this, it's really a bit shocking, and it seems terrible even with 4G (and everything else) turned off, and a surprising number of apps aren't compatible including my beloved NFL Mobile ahh! !

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

So does anyone know were to find the install third party apps setting?

Thanks so much... still trying to find my way around ics.

Would love to see some pros and cons if any of you who have it can pry yourself from it for a few.

I got mine 2 days ago. My girlfriend also got one at the same time. My biggest issue and for me it is big because I need it to make sales calls, is it has horrible reception. From my home it gets almost no reception and I have never had a problem before coming from an OG Droid. I talked on the phone for an hour last night and it dropped the call 10 times. Girlfriends phone is doing the same thing. I talk to tech support and they say to pull the sim card and put it back in...this did nothing. I have noticed at other times when inside a building it gets no bars at all. This is enough for me to switch out the phone. I really like the phone over all but this is a deal breaker. They told me that they are aware of an issue an an update will address this by MARCH!

Not sure if I've got a bad one, but to me the screen is not all that everyone's saying it is. Mine seems very "grainy" with light colored apps/games/websites. The darks are very clean. Also when tethering to my laptop to watch Slingbox, I thought the picture would be better with this phone, vs my Thunderbolt, but the Thunderbolt actually did a better job and produced a better pic. Speedtest results were half what my TB was putting out. Going to give it a few more days, but I think I may go trade it in for the Rezound

First post - so if I make some big forum faux pas, please excuse. :)

Been doing a bit of searching and I don't see too many ppl complaining about the screen. It gives me hope that it's just my phone - cause mine's the same way. FB and Gmail look awful. Tweet caster looks washed out and grainy. Pretty much everything that's light colored. Other things like wallpapers look ok. Thinking of taking it to the store to compare... I've searched for about 15 minutes and I was hoping maybe you'd found something about it, because I sure haven't.

First post - so if I make some big forum faux pas, please excuse. :)

Been doing a bit of searching and I don't see too many ppl complaining about the screen. It gives me hope that it's just my phone - cause mine's the same way. FB and Gmail look awful. Tweet caster looks washed out and grainy. Pretty much everything that's light colored. Other things like wallpapers look ok. Thinking of taking it to the store to compare... I've searched for about 15 minutes and I was hoping maybe you'd found something about it, because I sure haven't.

Its hard to say even a supposedly good display looks great to everyone because everyone likes/dislikes...btw is it just those apps that don't look good? Try opening the web browser, zoom way in on pictures and then text and see if that's sharp...its possible those apps aren't fully compatible with ice cream sandwich yet (the new operating system on the nexus)...otherwise yeah it could just be a few defective phones or maybe just the type of screen you don't like (amoled pentile)

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

Whites won't look pure white b/c it's Pentile RGBG (i.e. no white subpixels) - exact same screen as the Razr, just 720p instead of 960x540. So it might not be you. However, it seems to be a pretty common "issue" that auto brightness on the Gnex keeps things too dim. Might try setting it manually to a brighter setting and see if that helps. I felt the same as you until I did that. Obviously that will eat more battery, but shouldn't be a huge difference.

Back