What are Your First Impessions Of The Galaxy Nexus?

Ok, so what are the chances of getting this horrible camera fixed via a software update? Tried Camera Zoom FX, and while it's easier to take a pic since it focuses/snaps all with one tap, the quality is still the same, crappy. Is the problem hardware? Or software?

I fear hardware..., but lets hope software can at least help some. Outside pics are fine for me, but inside flash type pics are horrid.. I would love to have a Nexus Rezound...

I fear hardware..., but lets hope software can at least help some. Outside pics are fine for me, but inside flash type pics are horrid.. I would love to have a Nexus Rezound...

Nexus Rezound. Haha that sounds awesome. That phone has an incredible camera. Outdoors in full sunlight the Nexus pics are somewhat acceptable, anything indoors under artificial light, even with the flash, they're garbage, and remind me of the pics from my D1. The problem is they have absolutely no detail to them, even when focused and held very steady. All you see is 'mush' and soft edges. I'm really hating this camera.

My camera works great, pictures look great, maybe you guys having trouble don't have a steady hand or something.

My camera works great, pictures look great, maybe you guys having trouble don't have a steady hand or something.

It's not that, BELIEVE me. I even tried Camera Zoom, which focuses first then snaps the photo with one touch of the screen. Even though the picture is in focus, it just looks bad. It's soft. There's no detail, and it appears mushy. Here's a pic I took with the Rezound in a Verizon store, in fairly dim indoor light. I'd be head over heels if the Nexus could pull something like that off with this amount of detail:

IMAG0007-1.jpg

And here's one I just took with the Nexus, with the phone resting on something. Bright indoors light, and also next to a window getting plenty of natural light. View it full size. There is no detail, it's all mush. That's what I mean. The Rezound (and iPhone) can pick up incredible detail in photos. This phone can't even come close.

CameraZOOM-20111216132847603.jpg

Of course if you blow it up you're going to see lack of detail, that's where megapixels come in to play. There's a difference between complaining about something under performing and complaining about something performing as it should.

And here's one I just took with the Nexus, with the phone resting on something. Bright indoors light, and also next to a window getting plenty of natural light. View it full size. There is no detail, it's all mush. That's what I mean. The Rezound (and iPhone) can pick up incredible detail in photos. This phone can't even come close.

View attachment 44001

I'm not seeing what you're saying. I can see texture on the pen, grain in the wood. The letters are sharp and I you can see the frayed edges of the label. I can even see the reflections in the shiny parts of the pen. Seems like a pretty good photo to me.

There was a review written-up in DroidLife or something a month ago that said this was the best of the bunch and rivaled the IPhone.

Looks like jcardona is just on a mission to flame the camera today, gotta keep that post count up. ;)

LOL I'm not flaming. I'm just pointing out the obvious. I LOVE this phone. Not giving it up. But I won't let that blind me to the fact that this camera is underwhelming considering that other phones have great cameras.

Came from a Droid razr "rental" and had Droid 1 originally. I love this nexus. ICS is very smooth. It physically feels better to hold in my opinion. I don't mind the extra weight or thickness. The razr was incredibly thin but I thought it was too wide and awkward to hold, but that's just me.

A few things I've noticed I don't necessarily like. The auto brightness is much dimmer than the razr. The camera doesn't seem to be that good but I haven't messed with it too much. The alerts and ringtones seem much quieter at full volume than previous phones I've had.

I switched to this phone because I knew there would be more development on it by 3rd parties. I don't have any 2nd thoughts about switching. Even with its substandard camera, its an awesome phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I have both rezound and GNex and I was up all night playing with my new toy, well now my wifes. I agree on the camera quality, GNex doesn't compare to the rezound. I thought it was a dud but I heard a lot of people complaining about the camera. Better than my bionics camera atleast. I was complaining about the data issues and my wife said I will take it. Can't be worse than my charge she said, so she is the proud new owner.

Not bashing, but the GNex camera is overated. ICS is a nice change though. Love it!

Its easily the best phone on Verizon. I wanted to throw up after trying every other phone after my nexus.

I left in on 4g all day 50% of the time no signal pretty moderate use I got home still had 30% left. Not to mention this phone is sexyyyyy.

Matter of fact its no nice my die hard apple friend said he would consider it and that its the best android he ever used. Try to get one of them to say that about the rezound and razr...lol

Nothing more to say really.

Agreed...best on VZW right now. I am hanging on to my TBolt because its still a great phone. I am really excited to see what HTC comes out with at CES! I am still a big SENSE fan and do miss some of the widgets, etc.

It all comes down to personal choice. For me; It's easily the best phone on Verizon atm. I tried all of them and just fell in love with the Nexus. It may not take pics as well as the Rezound but; To me; the phone was just largely better in too many areas to NOT walk out with it.

Its easily the best phone on Verizon.

I think that's a fairly debateable claim. It's the best right now seeing as it's the only 1 with ICS. If the hardware doesn't impress your friend with the RAZR or Rezound, it wouldn't with the Nexus, either. It's all ICS.

Back