How to correctly unroot the Incredible

jdshort2010

Reaction score
Doug -- I followed all your steps. Thank you for the instruction and for providing the file to get me back to 2.2. I appreciate it good sir. And thanks to everyone else who helped me as well. I'll be be visiting this forum more often. Lots of good people here willing to help. Peace!

hunt9270

Reaction score
Ok so i think ive got a hardware problem here. I had my phone rooted for about 4 months now. I flashed the latest update for the UD rom about 4 days ago. Yesterday i hung up a call and afterwards my phone went into a bootloop of death. I have followed all instructions here to return to stock (i want to keep s-off as i will be reflashing a rom) i downloaded zip and renamed it, went into HBOOT and it asked me if i wanted to open, i hit yes, it went through all the updates and everything then asked me if i wanted to reboot. I hit yes. and still BOOTLOOP!!!!!!!! i am somewhat frustrated as this is about the 10th time ive tried this and ive spent about 2 hours now trying to fix. Please help!!!!!!

deemd

Reaction score
I flashed the first file to get s-on and then used the PB31IMG method without any problems. However every time I try and start my phone I get to the lock screen and it immediately restarts after "preparing phone storage" appears on the notification bar. Any ideas?

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I flashed the first file to get s-on and then used the PB31IMG method without any problems. However every time I try and start my phone I get to the lock screen and it immediately restarts after "preparing phone storage" appears on the notification bar. Any ideas?

Try formatting your SD card also.

driodnoob1

Reaction score
How to get the OTA after unrooting

Hey, I followed the original video to unroot to 2.1 and everything went fine, but i'm not getting the OTA, just the system is up to date message. Is there anyway to force it to check for the update?

jdshort2010

Reaction score
The best thing to do would just be to flash the 2.2 file at the top of this thread. However, you could try setting the date on your phone to 2012 (one year from today) and that forces an immediate check.

Sent from my electronical

SomeJace

Reaction score
For the past 5 hours i've been trying to fix my phone and yet to have any luck yet. I'm still stuck in the white screen. I've done all the steps and have s-on. by the way I DID NOT ROOT my phone...I'm just trying to get out of this white screen of death or whatever you want to call me. I've read countless posts and everything and I still don't have a fix for this.

Any help would greatly be appericated,
Thanks.

jdshort2010

Reaction score
So... you didn't root your phone? But you had to get s-on? So what exactly did you try to achieve with your phone?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

SomeJace

Reaction score
If your talking to me...s was already on? I didn't do anything to turn it on. I downloaded a program and next min my phone shut off and is now stuck in the white htc screen. I've read saying to do what was said in this thread. Nothing was rooted.

jdshort2010

Reaction score
What program did you download? If its not a rooting issue I would try searching more forums for your answer.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

cookiedog88

Reaction score
I have had my phone rooted for about a month now. I was running CM7 and things were fine and dandy. Decided that I wanted to try a different ROM. Downloaded and installed Skyraider 4.0 today. It seemed to be working fine. It was nice to have some sense back on my phone. Out of nowhere the phone reboots. Now I am left with a phone that cycle reboots and will not even get to the boot animation. Just the HTC Incredible white splash screen...black screen....vibrate....HTC Incredible white splash screen...cycle and cycle and cycle. I am able to get to the hboot screen by pressing the volume down button. From the hboot I tried to get into recovery mode but it goes back to the splash screen cycling. I downloaded the image and flashed it through Hboot. It said update was successful and on restarting it went right back to the splash screen cycling.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I have searched and searched and am still stuck cycling with on the splash screen.

kramer56

Reaction score
OK I did the ruu method but didnt get the s-on thing, did I really mess up or what? I need to get s-on from can anyone tell me what to do please.

If I go to hboot recovery thing it goes to red triangle and freezes what does that mean?

lj1722

Reaction score
Im doing research because well for multiple reasons I want to root my Incredible. Before I do it I want to make sure it undoable. So please pardon my noobish question but what the heck is s-on and s-off? Is this a reference to superuser? Also how difficult is it to flash things on the droid?