[How TO] Restore VZW Galaxy Tab to stock DJ11

Rouger

Reaction score
sitting on a Verizon Boot loop now:(

Any other suggestions? I'm at a loss here. I've gotten twice into recovery, wiped data and cache. Rebooted. Boot loop at Verizon.
Do you think it will be good enough to take back to Verizon as stock and they won't know it was rooted? That's my main concern right now.

Did you ever figure out how to get past this? I'm in the same boat right now.

Rouger

Reaction score
Any way anyone has a copy of the .pit file for the Verizon tab? I have searched and only found the P1_add_hidden.pit file from Samfirmware. Since it's P1, I'm not sure I can use it on the Verizon Tab so does anyone know this?

cooljo555

Reaction score
Any other suggestions? I'm at a loss here. I've gotten twice into recovery, wiped data and cache. Rebooted. Boot loop at Verizon.
Do you think it will be good enough to take back to Verizon as stock and they won't know it was rooted? That's my main concern right now.

Did you ever figure out how to get past this? I'm in the same boat right now.

As long as you are within the 30 days most places will not even know how to check if you rooted it, i have replaced two now this way as well as kept both 16gbmicrosd cards and get two free bc they didnt even check for them.

"Any way anyone has a copy of the .pit file for the Verizon tab? I have searched and only found the P1_add_hidden.pit file from Samfirmware. Since it's P1, I'm not sure I can use it on the Verizon Tab so does anyone know this?"

I screwed my tab using Verizon Tab Boostrapper from the market, trying to get to EXT4, it was already rooted with SuperOneClick; it booted into recovery and did a nandroid backup but i think failed the first time then tried to do some flashing then rebooted back into a nandroid backup finally completeing after what i think was a successful backup and EXT format. It may not be successful because when i try either of the md5 in Odin they both fail and i dont think i did enough research to find out how to push these files to the device yet.

After not reading what i should have nor having found a suitable stock verizon rom i tried relfashing with a JMF rom using odin which i am not sure if i jacked it even more but got it to boot to a different samsung startup screen but just hang up there, no carrier logo. Point being i can finally get back to a verizon startup screen after reformatting with P1_add_hidden.pit with the single vibrate followed by a double vibrate i notice this thing doing everytime it fails with an app or software in general.

After trying this method with heimdall and all files in their right places as instructed by the first post i can flash in download mode but heimdall never tells me that the flash is successful even after waiting a good 10-15 minutes after the progress bars stop. Should it take this long to complete the flash?

Also, i know you said not to use any other files in heimdall but if i try using a CWM zImage file from the forums or even one i found for verizon, i can get heimdall to flash and say successful completed flash but it still vibrates and loops on startup. Any suggestions?

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
Don't know the reason why I feel like I need to mod my devices...but once again I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I rooted tab which went flawless using z4root, after doing so I had the bright idea of installing CWM bootstrap and let it do its thing on reboot..said it backed up successfully created checksum...then it started a reinstall by itself erasing the boot just prior to. Ran fully thru the recovery asked me to reboot and WHAM....stuck on "samsung" boot screen. Now ii can't seem to get back into recovery to attempt another restore. I tried power + volume up and nothing. Only thing I am able to get into is the "downloading" prompt. Did I totally jack this thing up or what?? Please help this is only a day old.

Rouger

Reaction score
There is a way to fix that.
Search on this site for a file called verizon_zImage.
Once you get that, using heimdall, load that file in the flash and recovery sections. This can be done either via the command line or the front end (GUI)
I used the GUI with no problems but have heard a few people say it didn't work.
command line should be something like this:
heimdall flash --zImage verizon_zImage --recovery verizon_zImage

But the first thing you should do is relax. As long as you can get to the downloading page, it's fixable...

I have used Roto backup and have all the files to revert a verizon tab back to stock (just missing the data partition) so if you need them PM me as I don't have a location to host them yet.

jeri2011

Reaction score
Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! I thought I'd really borked my Tab. It was the CWM that didn't work right. I was able to completely restore my Tab. I've rooted and loaded new ROMs on two other Android devices with no problem but this time it didn't work out well. Back to stock until I figure out if it was a user error (most likely) or something else.

Shiftyshadee

Reaction score
**SOLVED** Everything restored and works now. Thank you so much for this guide.

My problem is that it lists my tab as "gadget serial" in zadig and then just ends up aborting the driver installation. Windows 7 32bit. Any ideas?

Also windows keeps telling me it does not recognize the USB device.

FML?

**EDIT** Drivers are installed now but the screen on the tab is stuck at a phone with a exclamation triangle going to a pc?

Grrrr.......

**EDIT** it appears I have completely lost download mode......... Halp?

Last edited:

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
**SOLVED** Everything restored and works now. Thank you so much for this guide.

My problem is that it lists my tab as "gadget serial" in zadig and then just ends up aborting the driver installation. Windows 7 32bit. Any ideas?

Also windows keeps telling me it does not recognize the USB device.

FML?

**EDIT** Drivers are installed now but the screen on the tab is stuck at a phone with a exclamation triangle going to a pc?

Grrrr.......

**EDIT** it appears I have completely lost download mode......... Halp?

Try turning the tab off.

Hold down+power and you'll see that screen. Now connect it to your computer. It SHOULD still be in download mode. Then flash again.

oldsurferjoe

Reaction score
OK so you rom'ed your Verizon Galaxy Tab?

In reading all the comments on the Galaxy Tab and Rom's it is clear that a smooth process has not been worked out - yet!

Like using ROM Manager for my my Droid!

But my question is - it appears that some of you have achieved getting a ROM to work. What did you get for it - What does it do that it didn't do?

My goal if I had one - would be to get it to work like a phone as well as a tablet.

So come on guys fill us in!

jgostained

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the time you took here! Saved my tab when I borked it up!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

edpete97

Reaction score
I'm now in the same boat as some of you. I've restored back to stock but now matter what I do, I'm stuck in Airplane mode with no radio or gps. I have a modem.bin but it fails every time. Any help?

lldownll

Reaction score
@chisox and coker6303: Have you solved your problem issue? I couldn't reset all data and apps on my GTab Verizon too...

coheirnt

Reaction score
OMG!!!!! thank you soo much man thank you thank you worked like a charm! you amazing man thanks so much!