ics is pretty tasty!!

bigaaron84

Reaction score
My razr has been unplugged for 23 hrs now and i still have 40% of my battery left. Thats pretty sweet considering we cant turn 4g off anymore.

ddfuji

Reaction score
Can you take a screen shot of your battery info. Like what apps are using percentages of battery.

boom. headshot

Umainebearman

Reaction score
I've noticed that the memory resident processes are definitely taking up more memory but it also seems that my battery is lasting longer. I KILL everything that the phone doesn't need. If an app keeps processes in memory after I close it like facebook I always force stop it and I make sure that all background syncs are off when the screen shuts down. These are the same step I took with GB and I'm using most of the same apps with the same usage and the battery really seems like its lasting a bit longer.

But as the obvious stuff I'm loving the ability to group icons together in a folder, the updated camera functions like taking a snapshot while filming a video, and the home screen transitions. I'm pretty new to android so its the simply things for me that I'm loving about ics.

rastaman_

Reaction score
Still on GB here. I think it's utter BS that FB, Maps, and all kind of other apps start up when I don't want them to. But what a PIA it is to go in and turn them off everyday. Seems like there should be something you could program to make your device run only what you want when you want....... Maybe that's why smart brave people root.

xtor

Reaction score
Umainebearman said:
I've noticed that the memory resident processes are definitely taking up more memory but it also seems that my battery is lasting longer. I KILL everything that the phone doesn't need. If an app keeps processes in memory after I close it like facebook I always force stop it and I make sure that all background syncs are off when the screen shuts down. These are the same step I took with GB and I'm using most of the same apps with the same usage and the battery really seems like its lasting a bit longer.

But as the obvious stuff I'm loving the ability to group icons together in a folder, the updated camera functions like taking a snapshot while filming a video, and the home screen transitions. I'm pretty new to android so its the simply things for me that I'm loving about ics.

Are you on a razr or maxx?

sent from droid REPLICATOR

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I noticed the battery drain immediately after going from GB to ICS ... I turn off everything that could run in the background. No GPS, no Wifi, no auto-syncs, I keep the screen a little dimmer, and to top it off I set up profiles in SetCPU to use less processor as the battery gets to different levels. When the screen is off it uses minimal CPU. So far today I have been almost 13 hours on the phone, with calls and internet and other usage, and I've still got 40% battery left. :)

Umainebearman

Reaction score
I'm on a maxx where obviously the battery life isn't really a big issue but getting the most out of any batter regardless of the size is what people want. Anyone figure out how to take a screen shot yet? The power button/ vol up or down doesn't work.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm on a maxx where obviously the battery life isn't really a big issue but getting the most out of any batter regardless of the size is what people want. Anyone figure out how to take a screen shot yet? The power button/ vol up or down doesn't work.

You on Gingerbread or ICS? It works on my Maxx, holding Power Button and Volume Down at the same time. I have an app for it as well that has a timer.