Liquid Gingerbread v2.6 Release

battlemac

Reaction score
Interesting. Anyone here actually try it and get it to work? Or is there anyway to have the battery settings setup of the stock D2 installed(i know I had it on fission which was AOSP based).

Anyone here have the issue when you initially plug in your phone to the computer it doesn't charger or show up the phone that it is connected to a device via usb, but when you unplug it and then plug it back in, everything works normally? Another question I have is, how do I go about installing the stock 3G hotspot app? I moved it to the correct root folder it's suppose to be, and set the permissions up correctly, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas, or is there a better free app I should be looking at? Thanks.

Edit: it also seems like that I can't send, or reply to emails via the gmail app. I tried via wifi, uninstalled the app then reinstalled it, and even did a fix permission, but nothing. Any ideas?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Unfortunately until the fixes they are working on for battery come out, we may have to muscle through the less then perfect battery life. And actually Apex wasnt AOSP based, it was GB based, thats why it was able to retain the stock battery settings and better battery life since it was based off the OTA GB.

The USB issue is something I am seeing on other CM and CM based ROMs. I do have to do the unplug and plug to get it to work, it seems to be a known issue from what I am seeing while doing the research and checking out different ROMs.

And you cant send emails at all? Are you receiving them properly?

americanz

Reaction score
so i just flashed this rom and i have a few questions. sorry if its been covered.... i cannot get tb to install... says install failed. any one else have that? and im only showing 1 theme? where do you get new ones?

americanz

Reaction score
No 2.08 is GB based. So it looks like I will have to SBF then.. drat...

Sent from my Liberated Overclocked DROID 2

.08 is a gb base. 2.0.1 is froyo. there is no 2 in gb. thats how people can get confused..

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
so i just flashed this rom and i have a few questions. sorry if its been covered.... i cannot get tb to install... says install failed. any one else have that? and im only showing 1 theme? where do you get new ones?

I am not sure about the TB issues because I have never used it. But a couple pages back a user said they did but I don't think they listed their steps.

As far as themes you need to download or install them. If you do a search for "cm7 themes" in the marketplace or on Google you will find many to chose from. Once they are installed you can select them inside the theme choser.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

americanz

Reaction score
i saw that about tb but it was getting messages to restore. but i cant even get it to install let alone restore lol. but thanks. and the cm7 themes work? sweet thanksdancedroid

americanz

Reaction score
ok i feel dumb. its a system app on liquid. lol my bad

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
ok i feel dub. its a system app on liquid. lol my bad

I'm there with you. I was thinking you meant you couldn't get your backup to "install" not the actual app lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

battlemac

Reaction score
And you cant send emails at all? Are you receiving them properly?
Yes I am receiving them properly. That where I found out I had this issue, when trying to reply to an email. Then tried to send test emails to another account of mines without success. :/

On a bit related note, I think I am also seeing the issue where connect(in my case not data but phone) is dropping requiring a reboot(only happened once). This was actually part of the reason why I left ZS rom because at least once a day data or phone connection would just stop working requiring me to do a reboot. Hopefully, this will also get corrected in the next version.
As for the hotspot app any suggestions on a good one that is free or just trying to get the default one to work?

Thanks.

Last edited:

ruggiex

Reaction score
Did you try factory reset your phone? Whenever I get a lot of odd behaviors either that will fix the problem or I would SBF back, factory reset and reflash.

battlemac

Reaction score
Yes I have twice(for other reason), and it still occurs(well not sure about the connection issues though as that only happened once).

ruggiex

Reaction score
Are you using the email app or gmail app? I don't have email issue with either. Also I'm using stock gmail.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hey battlemac, did you try clearing data on the gmail app? I know its basic but it has helped me in the past. Its hard to come up with a fix if I cant greplicate the problem though, sorry.