Liquid Gingerbread v2.6 Release

battlemac

Reaction score
A bit ot but is there an app that allows you to create profiles for the battery like the default rom has?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I havent used any apps from the market for profiles other then SetCPU which is a paid app. And this is going to sound funny but I have never run the stock ROM except for a few minutes while rerooting after an SBF, as a result I am not familiar with the type of profile system it has. Rooted it before I even checked it out lol

There are some profile settings in Liquid Settings. Look in Liquid Settings > Overclocking > Profiles, there are a handful to chose from there. I am pretty sure there is a battery saver among others.

battlemac

Reaction score
well the gmail problem I think solved itself. As for the profiles I am looking for something like the stock battery profile(Fission and a few other AOSP roms have it at the very least as an option) where you choose when to have data on and when to have it off. I check the overclock section and those are profiles for clock speed.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Glad gmail is working. And as far as the battery profiles I am not sure about an app for something like that. All I have even done is set clock speed to 800. I was going to check out some apps for you to see what they do but many of the ones I found that seemed to describe what you are looking for are paid apps so I couldnt check them out unfortynately.

battlemac

Reaction score
Thank you for the effort. Is there anyway maybe we can install it those settings(after all you set it up in the settings menu), like you can on many other blur-less roms? I think it would be pretty beneficial for many users, specially since you can choose to have data off when you are sleeping and have it wake up before you are awake.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Any settings would need to be built/written into the ROM. That is something that is way beyond my knowledge unfortunately and would need ot be up to liquid or one of the devs on the team.

battlemac

Reaction score
Well I know on Fission all one had to do to get the battery manager installed was to flash it via clockwork. I would think something similar, but GB based, would work, no?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Honeslty I am not familiar at all with Fission. Never had a chance to run it while on my D2. I came into the realm of the D2/DX very shortly before 2nd-init happened. Literally the only ROMs I have run besides the 2nd-init ones were Gummyjar 2.5 and Liberty 2.0.1. I havent even flashed a ROM that required the prerooted GB to be flashed first lol

I havent come across a flashable Battery Manager that works with the AOSP ROMs such as CM and Liquid. I know I have seen them in threads for some of the blur ROMs. But things like the blur camera, clock, and battery manager require the blur framework res to be in the ROM which liquid does not have.

battlemac

Reaction score
Well Fission was AOSP Froyo(or at least close to it), do you think that could work or would the whole it was for froyo be an issue?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The whole another ROM and froyo thing would make me think it would not work.

lesmac

Reaction score
uh so like any ideas on when we may see some battery update the other cm7/miui based roms are seeing? It be very cool to have my phone at 100% charge when I go to sleep and then wake up with the charge being at 92 or so percent 6-8 hours later, instead of 77% I get now. Will the smartass governor fix(that has to be flash) be any help here? Does it actually work with this rom or will it brick it? Any real tips would be most copacetic. Please developer give us even a small battery update please? Pretty please with pink frosting on top? thanks a mill.

juv3

Reaction score
I would get droid wall (and block any app you don't wish to always connect to the network-saves battery, Juice Defender since it's now working with Gingerbread (Play with juice defender settings and make it so that when your screen is off there is no 3G or wifi connectivity and it connects when you unlock your phone...... you should also freeze any launcher your are not using/or/remove any system app you don't need with titanium backup...also install SetCPU and set a profile to underclock or in other words set the Maximun speed to 3000 when the screen is off, and when the screen is on set it to 1000 you can hardly tell the difference between 1000 and 1200, i have the stock 2.2 rom latest update and i only rooted it and installed those apps i just told you and did those things my phone is 90% and above when i wake up... and when i go to work at 8a.m i come back arround 7PM after and it's at 60% the most 50 or 40% when im connecting to blackfacebook all day lol

Last edited:

juv3

Reaction score
And i'm Defenetly a Liquid GB Fan and going to install it when he gets the Droid 2 and fixes all his bugs, but for right now i had a bad experience with it and it was that i switched from Launcher it came with to Launcher Pro and i didn't install Launcher Pro so i got stuck with no Launcher when the phone restarted... i didn't have it bootstrapped yet so i was getting the Stock Recovery which drove me to reflashing to stock 2.2 and i'm happy with it until Liquid Gets stable or the Official GB update comes out for the Droid 2 global

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It may be a little while until we see the next update. Liquid roms just recently started a big overhaul. And I saw mentioned in one of the posts about liquid getting a D2. Well I wouldn't worry about that anymore at all. Liquid has decided to expand and has added 2 developers to his team. One of them you may all recognize and he happens to have a D2.

I don't have an eta because a lot of things are being rebuilt but it will be worth the wait for sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk