[ROM] +++ Liquid Smooth Roms 3.2 for HTC Thunderbolt +++

thelopenator

Reaction score
Great rom. Thank you for all your hard work.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

imanoob

Reaction score
great job guys really liking the beats audio at the beginning!!

quick question. when i use an lte switch and am wanting 4g which option do i press. it says wcdma preferred, gsm only, wcdma only, gsm auto (PRL), cdma auto (PRL), cdma only, edvo only, gsm/cdma auto (PRL), and unknown. please help.

eppdroid37

Reaction score
Does this Rom work w/ froyo ? I'm still on. 2.2.1

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

turge

Reaction score
I'm having problems when installing using ROM Manager. The phone can not connect to my carrier and will default to the option, "my carrier". That being said, I can't makes calls, connect to the internet, etc... Is there anyway to get around this bug or do I have to wipe all data b4 install? I would prefer not to wipe data.

turge

Reaction score
great job guys really liking the beats audio at the beginning!!

quick question. when i use an lte switch and am wanting 4g which option do i press. it says wcdma preferred, gsm only, wcdma only, gsm auto (PRL), cdma auto (PRL), cdma only, edvo only, gsm/cdma auto (PRL), and unknown. please help.

CDMA (3G) + LTE/EvDo (4G) is what I had set before installing this rom from stock. I've taken a look at the options and EvDo is 4G LTE, so I'd go with that option.

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
Does this Rom work w/ froyo ? I'm still on. 2.2.1

This ROM will replace Froyo with gingerbread. If your phone supports it (ADR6400L comes up as a T-Bolt), it should work just fine.
Just make sure you follow the installation steps exactly and you shouldnt have a problem.
I also recommend you backup your contacts to gmail or something similar and Titanium Backup to backup your apps.
When you restore from Titanium, do not restore "System Data" as this will likely crash the new ROM.

Installing a ROM pretty much completely wipes the phone.

Good Luck!

(edit: typos)

eppdroid37

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply sonic. This my first TBolt and my first Rom flash so I don't want to mess anything up.

eppdroid37

Reaction score
Oh . Can I go back to my stock restore ?

eppdroid37

Reaction score
I installed this Rom through cwr and it says install complete but then it boots up and is stock. What am I doing wrong ?

Reaction score
CDMA (3G) + LTE/EvDo (4G) is what I had set before installing this rom from stock. I've taken a look at the options and EvDo is 4G LTE, so I'd go with that option.

No, EvDo is not 4G LTE. LTE is 4G. EvDo is 3G. CDMA what calls operate on. When you have the phone on CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto you'll be able to pick up all three signals. If you can get an LTE signal you will see LTE in the signal area at the top of the screen. You'll see 3G if you can't get LTE. And if you can't get 3G you'll see 1x. If you aren't in an area with LTE coverage then you should turn off the LTE radio to conserve battery. You can do this by selecting CDMA/EvDo auto. If you are very unfortunate and can't even get an EvDo signal then you don't need to adjust your phone settings, you just need to move!

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
Oh . Can I go back to my stock restore ?

You can restore to stock by downloading the Stock Rom and installing it like this one.
ROM clickie: Thunderbolt Roms List * Now more organized* Updated 1/19/12

I installed this Rom through cwr and it says install complete but then it boots up and is stock. What am I doing wrong ?

Hmmm...

Did you run the Revolutionary S-OFF/Root app?
I believe you have to have S-OFF in order to actually flash ROMs.
The tool's homepage is Revolutionary

I suspect after you run revolutionary, then reflash, you'll be fine.
I don't have much to go on, but I *think* this is the problem you're experiencing.

Final Suggestion: Since you're flash didn't work, you're still on STOCK.
Once you have ClockWorkMod installed, do a full backup from CWM (also called a Nandroid backup).
This essentially creates a ROM with your current setup/config, so you can always roll back, if you choose to.
If you've already passed this step, you'll have to download one of the stock ROMs from the 1st link in this post.

Good Luck!

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
R3Ds:

Any plans to add the call recording piece to the kernel or adoption of a kernel that supports Call Recording?

Honestly, thats the only bit lacking for me and its a nit-pick.

msuperbauer

Reaction score
Alrighty, First off, this is the BEST ROM I have run ever! I have had it over 2 months (which is a record for me and roms) My question is this, I have always had a lower than normal call volume, but it didnt bother me (especially considering the awesome battery life and performance) But as of the last few days, my phone has been acting up.. No data, laggy and just not acting like it did a week ago.. I didnt add any aps, or change anything, it just started acting up.. The market now takes forever and I find my self having to reboot the phone often.. What can I do to fix this? I love this ROM and dont want to leave it, but I also NEED my phone to be reliable... Please advise!! Thank you in advance!:biggrin:

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
Alrighty, First off, this is the BEST ROM I have run ever! I have had it over 2 months (which is a record for me and roms) My question is this, I have always had a lower than normal call volume, but it didnt bother me (especially considering the awesome battery life and performance) But as of the last few days, my phone has been acting up.. No data, laggy and just not acting like it did a week ago.. I didnt add any aps, or change anything, it just started acting up.. The market now takes forever and I find my self having to reboot the phone often.. What can I do to fix this? I love this ROM and dont want to leave it, but I also NEED my phone to be reliable... Please advise!! Thank you in advance!:biggrin:

Suggestion:

You may consider checking things like Busybox and make sure its
been updated to the latest version.

Assuming BB is updated, I suggest the following:

Do a Nandroid backup using ClockWorkMod. This will allow you to revert to your present state,
should the reload not fix the problem.
Then:
Backup your contacts, SMS and MMS to a gmail account. Reload the ROM, restore your contacts/etc.
Wipe everything, including Dalvik Cache and other caches.
If you have a lot of apps, a Titanium backup will restore them. (DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM, Just apps + app data).

This will take 20-30 mins and you should be back to normal. Much easier than trying to troubleshoot
the files/problem.

It this does not fix it, you might try restoring to stock as a test or lastly,
you may have a hardware problem (SD card going bad is an example)
Formatting the SD Card *may* be a good idea, but I would google that
to make sure it won't wreck your phone. I've never formatted an Android
SD card, so I'm not sure what impact that might have.