[ROM] +++ Liquid Smooth Roms 3.2 for HTC Thunderbolt +++

Torein

Reaction score
I installed this rom just a couple weeks ago. I am really loving the speed and battery life on it. I've had a bit of issues with Data not working all the time but usually disabling and re-enabling the data does the trick.

I haven't been able to get any Wifi Tether app to work with this one though. It seems some wifi hotspot feature comes with it that doesn't work as well.

Has anyone been able to get Wifi Tether to work?

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
I never use the wifi tether. I'd like to, but I believe most of the major carriers can detect Tether usage
and I pay Verizon thru the nose already. If they added some B.S. $20 monthly tethering charge
to my bill, I honestly think I would burn down the nearest VZW store.

vandymcnew

Reaction score
I can't get the Rom to load. It stays stuck at the HTC logo screen. Wiped all caches including Davlik. redownloaded twice. ideas?!?! Never had 1 not load past the htc logo before, so Im stumped. ANy help appreciated.

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
I can't get the Rom to load. It stays stuck at the HTC logo screen. Wiped all caches including Davlik. redownloaded twice. ideas?!?! Never had 1 not load past the htc logo before, so Im stumped. ANy help appreciated.

What method did you use to gain S-OFF/Root?

vandymcnew

Reaction score
What method did you use to gain S-OFF/Root?
I had used Autoroot and had another old custom rom on it. I have since totally ****ed the phone and had to put it back to stock to un**** it. So I need to root it again. Ideas?

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
I had used Autoroot and had another old custom rom on it. I have since totally ****ed the phone and had to put it back to stock to un**** it. So I need to root it again. Ideas?

I suggest trying what worked perfectly for me. I haven't tried AutoRoot, so I'm not familiar with it.

1. Run Revolutionary (revolutionary.io) and gain S-OFF and Root.

2. Flash the ROM.

vandymcnew

Reaction score
I suggest trying what worked perfectly for me. I haven't tried AutoRoot, so I'm not familiar with it.

1. Run Revolutionary (revolutionary.io) and gain S-OFF and Root.

2. Flash the ROM.

Thanks sonicanatidae! Worked like a champ! Man am I loving this ROM!!

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
Thanks sonicanatidae! Worked like a champ! Man am I loving this ROM!!

Glad I could help. Just passing on the assistance I got when I first started doing seem edits on my old Moto Razr (The non-smartphone version).

And yes, Liquid Smooth 3.2 is a fantastic ROM. I liked it so much I donated... :p

DroidNoobUser

Reaction score
Contacts with Facebook profile pictures

This seems odd to me, some of my contacts are showing the facebook profile pictures while other aren't. Is this behavior being seen by anyone else?

vandymcnew

Reaction score
Glad I could help. Just passing on the assistance I got when I first started doing seem edits on my old Moto Razr (The non-smartphone version).

And yes, Liquid Smooth 3.2 is a fantastic ROM. I liked it so much I donated... :p

What radio are you all using? I can't get any 4G. I can't even find an option in the rom. Ideas?

WardenWolf

Reaction score
GPS does NOT work. Everything else works, but not GPS. Any help? I love this ROM otherwise, but I obviously can't keep it if I have no GPS.

acdnykon

Reaction score
Had no problems with the GPS on this ROM. Seems to be that you have an isolated issue.

Sent from my rooted HTC TBolt running Liquid Smooth 3.2

WardenWolf

Reaction score
Well, I found the solution, and it's both ghetto and hilarious. Apparently the problem isn't isolated to this ROM, and I found instructions that fixed it.

1. Backup your current ROM via ROM manager.

2. Reload the stock HTC firmware from ROM manager (rooted is fine)

3. Install GPS Status. Wait for it to get a lock on at least 7 satellites.

4. Immediately reload your backup, overwriting everything.

Voila. It works.

Don't ask me why it works. Logic dictates that, when you overwrite everything, it should wipe this, too. Best I can figure is HTC has some weird onboard flash memory for storing GPS data, that interacts with their software in an interesting way. A data file or something has to be initially created with the software before the hardware will work, but the hardware does not require the software to keep working once that file has been created. Once you've got it working, it will work forever.

quiksetz

Reaction score
can anyone get me a working link for MR2. I didn't realize I had to have MR2 for this to work and now my phone has no service. Any help is appreciated thanks

jumpinkiwi

Reaction score
Having trouble with install

I am having problems booting into recovery. As soon as I get into hboot, it automatically tries to install "PG05IMG", which it never finds. After it's done I volume down and select recovery. The second screen just shows a phone with a red triangle and the only way out is to pull the battery. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.