[ROM Tools] Team Get~R~Done D2G Rom-er Tool - a tool Convert D2 Roms for use on D2G

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
im also having problems with the liberty toolbox and im guessing that the reason behind all of those issues is that when i load up the toolbox it says im running an old version of liberty... but im running 1.5,, know how to fix this?

You would have to edit the build.prop file because the one in it is just a generic one. Edit the build version to liberty 1.5 and it should take care of it.

Oh yes! I only wanted keyboard lights anyways lol

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

cbkcc1

Reaction score
appreciate all of your work.

on saturday i flashed liberty 1.5 on my D2G and then ran romer v6.
everything worked great, including making calls.

then on tuesday, i couldn't make calls, data worked fine. i rebooted, changed networks, cleaned caches, battery pulled, #228 etc. then i got a call, talked fine. AFTER that call, i was able to make calls again no problem.

every day since, it has done the same thing. it says 'Dialing', then says 'Call has been Lost' in an overlay, then retries and eventually just times out back to the Call Log.
i have googled and look on liberty forums and couldn't find but one post.

i love this Rom and loved finally having great development for the D2G. any ideas would be appreicated.

Thanks

terrets

Reaction score
So my market app keeps crashing. Wont even open up. Do you think this could be a result of romer 7 or just a coincedence. I just reflashed liberty and 7 because I was having troubles cause I flashed 7 twice lol(dont ask). Never do that.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

rjacobs182

Reaction score
New lights from romer are nice, sometimes the softtouch buttons will stay illuminated though, if you turn the screen back on and off they'll go off.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
how to i edit the build.prop file?

go into /system using root explorer or some other file program and edit it using a text editor. Change the line that says "ro.build.display.id=D2G Romer" to "ro.build.display.id=Liberty v1.5" and that should fix it.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Version 7 released!

baker1md came up with a script to enable the soft key and keyboard lights!!!! I added these scripts to Romer Version 7.

Still no sensors but at least now you can type in the dark!

Thanks baker1md!

Here is the thread where he unleashed his knowledge: Liberty Flashed, keyboard lights

AWESOME!!! Thanks to all who are working on the ROMer!! It's nice to see my softkeys light up again hahaha (its the little things I guess)

All working for me after v7 flash on Liberty 1.5!!

terrets

Reaction score
Ive been noticing if I dont shut the phone and then turn the screen off, my hard and soft key lights do not turn off. I think thats whats keeping them on. All i know is that they are getting stuck on sometimes. Wheres the text file containing the script located? I want to try playing with it.

Edit: just kidding, my hard keys stay on until I wait long enough and turn the screen back on and off...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

avenged06x

Reaction score
Or instead of all this kaeos. People could just make Roms for the global instead of just not doing it.

Sent From Global FISSION 2.4.3

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Or instead of all this kaeos. People could just make Roms for the global instead of just not doing it.

Sent From Global FISSION 2.4.3

It requires completely rebuilding the entire system pretty much. For d2/x roms they are close enough that it doesn't take anything special to set them apart really, there's only a few files different. For d2g, almost none files are the same....

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

kickasz23

Reaction score
go into /system using root explorer or some other file program and edit it using a text editor. Change the line that says "ro.build.display.id=D2G Romer" to "ro.build.display.id=Liberty v1.5" and that should fix it.

I am using a an app called ted to edit it lets me edit but wont let me save it...whats another editor that wont runinto this problem?

Alcia

Reaction score
The text editor built into Root explorer (or is it the one in default android and root explorer links to it?) seems to work fine for me. Tis what I've used in the past to edit it and it saves changes fine. Then reboot and it applies them.

Edit: Also, did you make sure to mount /system as read/write before trying to edit it?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The text editor built into Root explorer (or is it the one in default android and root explorer links to it?) seems to work fine for me. Tis what I've used in the past to edit it and it saves changes fine. Then reboot and it applies them.

Edit: Also, did you make sure to mount /system as read/write before trying to edit it?

That's what I've always used too.

Have to because if not then it won't let you edit the file name.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

jbundang9

Reaction score
Anyone know a good alternative to root explorer?
(My root explorer does not mount /system as r/w for some reason, it stays r/o)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

[Edit] I got root explorer to work, I edited the text, rebooted, but there was no reaction in Liberty toolbox.

Last edited: