Summer ROM testing

riguy156

Reaction score
So its summer and i have time so i will be testing every Rom under the Droid 2 Roms and will report back on issues and how it work and give it a rating on compatability. Battery life increases if any will be bassed on a full charge with normal use for a teen texting, calling, Social media, and music GPS will be used on ocassion during that day. Hope you guys like this

Fission Results
Liberty Results
Epic-D2 Results
GummyJar Results
Rubix Results
Zombie Stomped Results
Angel Results

bikedude880

Reaction score
You stole my next project idea!

Its all yours though, I'm too busy with CM7 :p
Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

OP
riguy156

riguy156

Reaction score
haha my bad i was just like damn theres no recourse out there like this for people time to get to work

joeyx2

Reaction score

So how cm working out for u? Im not asking for any specific time frame or anything. Just curious.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

So how cm working out for u? Im not asking for any specific time frame or anything. Just curious.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Before he started messing with the repo it booted. Now, not so much lol. It wont boot for me either =/

bikedude880

Reaction score
Yeah... don't know what the hell happened xD

When it booted the first time, it didn't take advantage of the arm7 neon instructions, so the display was laggy. Unfortunately I deleted the one zip that worked... got another couple tests coming up tonight, just wish I could get a couple days off in a row to just pound away at this thing :/

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just posted on xda about merging our fork with D2G. We could add D2G specific tweaks to the build.prop and any kernel modules that need changed. Since it is using the 2nd init then I would assume we have a kernel being loaded again if I'm right. It would be the same way we added support for the vogue/kaiser/polaris/mogul. The hardware was very similar with slight variations but the same roms worked on all of them due those device specific tweaks.

bikedude880

Reaction score
I just posted on xda about merging our fork with D2G. We could add D2G specific tweaks to the build.prop and any kernel modules that need changed. Since it is using the 2nd init then I would assume we have a kernel being loaded again if I'm right. It would be the same way we added support for the vogue/kaiser/polaris/mogul. The hardware was very similar with slight variations but the same roms worked on all of them due those device specific tweaks.

That's great and all... just wish the build I ran with the D2 repo had worked.

I'm done with this. You all have fun building on faster systems, I'm taking mine out to be shot. ****ing pos...

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind helping you make yours quicker, have you tried overclocking? Also I can send some ram. I will even donate cpu time on my computer for compiling, I have a Pentium Dual core E5800 oc'd to 4.24 ghz with 4 gigs of ram. It should compile pretty quick.

edit: I may even be able to send you a faster cpu, I have a Pentium D @ 3.4 ghz at work here I am not using I could donate, not sure if it's faster but I dont need it.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
No, i dont either but still. Set it compiling for while your at work or sleeping. Its what i normally do when im compiling something.

Yea, it boots but not much works so its in the same boat basically

bikedude880

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind helping you make yours quicker, have you tried overclocking? Also I can send some ram. I will even donate cpu time on my computer for compiling, I have a Pentium Dual core E5800 oc'd to 4.24 ghz with 4 gigs of ram. It should compile pretty quick.

I'm running a Pentium D 920 @ 2.8Ghz w/1GB PC2-800 ram. Can't OC, mem is maxed.

But like I said: done.

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Are you sure you can't for either? There is pll overclocking and pin modding. Also, I have 2 GB ddr 2 sticks I can send if its a bad slot. Also, I do have that extra cpu laying around. I even can make a secured account for donating cpu time on my desktop I don't use much so really if its computational power were short I will throw what I have at it.

Send me your specs, I want to work something out since it seems kinda ridiculous were short a man just because of his computer.

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I'm running a Pentium D 920 @ 2.8Ghz w/1GB PC2-800 ram. Can't OC, mem is maxed.

But like I said: done.

That IS a pretty pokey system so perhaps the donated cpu time is the best solution here. You could remote into my desktop with the secured account and compile as needed.