[ALPHA] Ice Cream Sandwich for the Pro

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Check the power profile in the device folder called overlay. It might be configured for the d2g which can go up to 1.2 ghz

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
_lurker

_lurker

Reaction score
Check the power profile in the device folder called overlay. It might be configured for the d2g which can go up to 1.2 ghz
It's 1000 now, the problem is it doesn't want to scale down. Has something to do with the new USB module, which I'm not familiar with.

Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
1000000 435889
800000 46
600000 146
300000 3304

When you 'top' init always eats 50% of the CPU cycle. That's why the phone sucks too much power.

OP
_lurker

_lurker

Reaction score
OK, I'm uploading rev. 3. It will fix the following issues:

- 'b' key. Now it works.
- The keyboard is now properly mapped. Plus, you can use the voice key as 'tab' which is pretty convenient IMHO. If you need voice search, hold the search key.
- Hardware codec accelerators :)

And breaks:

- Bluetooth, probably.

OP
_lurker

_lurker

Reaction score
Can you flash this over cm7?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
Sure, remember to backup, then flash, then wipe data+cache. :)

If you want to come back to CM7, go to Advanced Restore, then choose the backup, then choose restore system. Second time choose restore data. Then wipe cache.

kennyb6

Reaction score
Sure, remember to backup, then flash, then wipe data+cache. :)

If you want to come back to CM7, go to Advanced Restore, then choose the backup, then choose restore system. Second time choose restore data. Then wipe cache.

Ok thanks I think ima try it out today and see how it is

kennyb6

Reaction score
It was stuck on roaming mode couldn't access internet and a lil slow but I love the look of it

I'm back on cm7 for now I think ill go back to it if the roaming mode quits doin that

jraskal

Reaction score
I have an unused Droid Pro

I'm happy to test this on my Droid Pro I have lying around. Is there any particular things you'd like me to do? I'm going to get the T-Mobile Walmart Prepaid plan in a couple weeks so I will be able to test more "phone" functions.

Would this ROM be able to preserve the band unlock similar to how there is an existing GB+Band Unlock? If not that's OK too, I'll just only be able to test this Alpha build on a device with no cellular nor data service.

OP
_lurker

_lurker

Reaction score
Yes, it will retain the band unlock (in fact you can see my band is .53 which is the unlocked band version). Just flash it as you were to flash CM7, you'll be fine. Remember to wipe data + cache before rebooting.

jraskal

Reaction score
Looking awesome so far

Will report back with any bugs as I come across them.

Just like instructed, WiFi didn't turn on at first. Reboot solved it. Still waiting for my Prepaid SIM to be delivered before more extensive testing. My baseband did remain intact.

Keyboard doesn't seem to light up at all, nor the Menu/Search Keys (are they linked?)

GSM switch numpad sequence didn't do anything, but I don't have a SIM in the phone so that may be the problem.

That's it for now

OP
_lurker

_lurker

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for testing it out, two days ago I've made an awful mistake of letting the battery drain overnight and somehow the shutdown due to low battery corrupted the file system (???). Bad thing is I don't have a backup battery so I can't do anything to sbf the thing back. I don't think I could do anything before my college friends come back from the break to borrow one to resurrect my phone, which happens to be the 10th of next month.

Until then, it will be a tough time. So just want to give you a heads-up what's going on.

Happy holidays everyone.

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Shouldn't the battery still charge even if the phone system is corrupted?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't the battery still charge even if the phone system is corrupted?

If you can't boot into the OS the battery will generally not charge.

Sent from my rooted, safestrapped, and ROM'd XT862

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Hmm...I had no idea that had any affect on it. Learn something new every day.

So I just tried flashing this, and it just gives me a blank screen after the M logo...no boot animation or anything. I let it sit there for a couple minutes like that, but still nothing.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Just got out of bed about 12:45 AM because I couldn't sleep and decided to give this a shot.

Comments:
- Very nice looking, great job!
- I'm very dependent on haptic feedback. Is there any chance that will be incorporated?
- I was also unable to get a data connection over 3G. Is there something we're doing wrong? When I went to "Status" in "About Phone", it said that Mobile Network was disconnected.
- Wifi required a reboot, as you warned. Worked fine after that, though.
- I noticed the "Dock" and "Icons" selections in the "Preferences" menu don't do anything. Not incorporated yet or bug?
- After a while, I started getting Trebuchet FCs. Has anyone else experienced that?
- CalWidget didn't allow me to place a widget. Can someone else try that out and see if it's just me?

Overall, not too bad for an alpha. The only glaring problem for me was the lack of a working data connection (and that might be user error on my part for all I know). Thanks for the support!

Am I correct in assuming that your instructions for going back to CM7 will also work for going back to ICS (from CM7) in the future?