[ALPHA] Ice Cream Sandwich for the Pro

claymoses

Reaction score
Rootable?

Might be way ahead of myself, but is this rootable?

Looks pretty great!

Clay

mrapollinax

Reaction score
As this is based on the CM9 repos then I'm guessing that you already get SU access.

denewki

Reaction score
Great job!!! But, please, could you port this ROM, it is in stable condition...

OP
_lurker

_lurker

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's me back again. I have recovered my phone and is ready to work on the droid pro again. Good thing is there is not much happening lately. I will soon have a newer build soon.

What a blackout!

OP
_lurker

_lurker

Reaction score
Great job!!! But, please, could you port this ROM, it is in stable condition...
To be honest, I don't like MIUI very much so it will be on the TODO list that I will try to do when I have time and need inspirations. :)

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't like MIUI very much so it will be on the TODO list that I will try to do when I have time and need inspirations. :)

I posted a quick "review" of a test run earlier in the thread if its of any help.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

OP
_lurker

_lurker

Reaction score
Please don't test the zip I posted, as I found out it will render your phone stuck in the boot loop if the phone is not shut down properly and/or runs out of battery which is very bad.

I am looking for solutions to various problems regarding this build now, but as I am learning all this too, so don't expect it to be fast.

Stick with Jackpot's gingerbread.

google123

Reaction score
Hey everybody!! Haven't been in here in a while. I still have my Pro stuck in a coma if anyone wants to try and revive it for me. PM me. Thanks. !!!!

r3j2

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just curious if there has been any progress on this ROM as of late. I'm really excited by the work lurker has done already. Keep up the good work!

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just curious if there has been any progress on this ROM as of late. I'm really excited by the work lurker has done already. Keep up the good work!

Agreed. Very excited at the prospect of someone working on a project like this for our underappreciated devices.

ngtwolf

Reaction score

I'm with you... There are a couple things that are nice about MIUI, but for the most part I prefer stock CM. That said, if it was truly in stable state as denewki stated, i'd try it. However, I've read that thread and there are number of 'not working' items there as well, so it seems the term 'stable' doesn't quite mean what it used to. :) I'm looking forward to a working CM that works with the unlocked radio. I've been stuck at Apex for now since even the CM7 available is too buggy with the unlocked radio in GSM mode.

ngtwolf

Reaction score
...actually, thinking about it... If the MIUI function that don't work in CM9 work in MUIU and usually MUIU is based on CM (at least it was in the past), I wonder how hard it is to move those working functions over. Specifically things like the camera. Also, how different is the droid 2 global from the droid pro, spec wise (forgetting the keyboard). Is it just a matter of moving some of the framework over, or is it a huge change?

pavlak21

Reaction score
hi a download link not workin can u upload anywhere alse plsss. i love to try the rom
thanks a lot for work you doin....

ngtwolf

Reaction score
hi a download link not workin can u upload anywhere alse plsss. i love to try the rom
thanks a lot for work you doin....
Its a multiupload link, it works fine... just don't pick megaupload to download from (obviously). :)

pavlak21

Reaction score
Ohjh yea got iy thanks !

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums