[ALPHA] Ice Cream Sandwich for the Pro

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Looks like my GSM working was a freak accident. I flashed Jackpot's 2/10 build just to try it out. It didn't work, so I went back to this build, and now I just keep getting forced closes with the phone and mobile network not found errors.

Back to CM7 for me.

r3j2

Reaction score
Nope, I'm one waiting in the wings for a camera fix, then I'm totally making the switch.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

OP
_lurker

_lurker

Reaction score
I have sync'ed with Jackpot's and merged all the upstream changes from CM. Alpha 4 is ready for download.

typn.zip - ics-droidpro - Droid Pro TYPN Alpha 4 - Contains builds and sourcecode of Android ICS for the Droid Pro - Google Project Hosting

It's pretty fast. I don't personally use Google Apps anymore (moving away from botnet ;-) ), so if you have problems with Google Apps, let me know I will try to look at it. I know that Google Chrome doesn't work, but what's the reason to use Chrome when the built-in browser works like a dream?

wykjacky

Reaction score
I have sync'ed with Jackpot's and merged all the upstream changes from CM. Alpha 4 is ready for download.

typn.zip - ics-droidpro - Droid Pro TYPN Alpha 4 - Contains builds and sourcecode of Android ICS for the Droid Pro - Google Project Hosting

It's pretty fast. I don't personally use Google Apps anymore (moving away from botnet ;-) ), so if you have problems with Google Apps, let me know I will try to look at it. I know that Google Chrome doesn't work, but what's the reason to use Chrome when the built-in browser works like a dream?

Thanks!!!!
BTW, Do you think your build will works on GSM network?

wykjacky

Reaction score
Thanks!!!!
BTW, Do you think your build will works on GSM network?

Hey! I flashed your ROM onto my Droid Pro already.
I can successfully switch to GSM mode. (WCDMA preferred.)

However, the 3G data on GSM is not usable.
the 3G data icon is shown for a second and then gone.

Moreover, after reboot, my phone is switched back to Global Mode instead of GSM(WCDMA preferred) mode.

coldboy520

Reaction score

thank you
but,could you keep the Chinese system?

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Hey! I flashed your ROM onto my Droid Pro already.
I can successfully switch to GSM mode. (WCDMA preferred.)

However, the 3G data on GSM is not usable.
the 3G data icon is shown for a second and then gone.

Moreover, after reboot, my phone is switched back to Global Mode instead of GSM(WCDMA preferred) mode.

I switched to GSM just fine, but if I tried to make a phone call, it force closed and switched me back to CDMA.

This build was definitely faster than the previous one, though.

wykjacky

Reaction score
Can u use the data on GSM then??
I can manage to make a phone call with GSM notwork. but i didnt test or try it in details, as i switched back to CM7 at once due to the non usable 3g data

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

pavlak21

Reaction score
- GSM switch (*#*#4363#*#* should get you there, however I haven't tested...)
this code works for me ...... i am on cdma verizon ..

alpha 5 running now

die

Reaction score
find the file /system/build.prop

Please сhange the option

ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=1
to
ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=0

This will improve GSM signal