Battery issues

mcraeh

Reaction score
Well, I got tired of being reminded to install the update, so I did. And the battery is worse than ever now. I can't even get home from work before the phone tells me to connect my charger. Still shows Android OS as number battery user, 55%. The next highest is my email client at 4.1%. What in the world could cause this? Is it just the battery is getting worn out?

--Edited to add I saw in the other post that the mobile network setting changed back to global for some people, but I checked and mine is still set to LTE/CDMA. Also, wanted to mention I did the battery calibration again and it didn't help at all. And to add to it on top of everything, after a week the phone is just as sluggish as it was before I cleared the cache. It was noticeably better right after I did it, but only took a couple of days to slow way down again. So annoying!

Last edited:

aarong03

Reaction score
Well, I got tired of being reminded to install the update, so I did. And the battery is worse than ever now. I can't even get home from work before the phone tells me to connect my charger. Still shows Android OS as number battery user, 55%. The next highest is my email client at 4.1%. What in the world could cause this? Is it just the battery is getting worn out?

--Edited to add I saw in the other post that the mobile network setting changed back to global for some people, but I checked and mine is still set to LTE/CDMA. Also, wanted to mention I did the battery calibration again and it didn't help at all. And to add to it on top of everything, after a week the phone is just as sluggish as it was before I cleared the cache. It was noticeably better right after I did it, but only took a couple of days to slow way down again. So annoying!

Did you do an FDR? You should do one after the update.

mcraeh

Reaction score
That was going to be my last resort, but I haven't figured out how to back everything up first. Is there any way to save the individual app settings? I don't know if I will put everything back on it that I have now, but it took me forever to get things set up the way I want them, which is why I haven't done the FDR yet. But at this rate, I will have to, because the battery seems to be getting worse and worse.

aarong03

Reaction score
That was going to be my last resort, but I haven't figured out how to back everything up first. Is there any way to save the individual app settings? I don't know if I will put everything back on it that I have now, but it took me forever to get things set up the way I want them, which is why I haven't done the FDR yet. But at this rate, I will have to, because the battery seems to be getting worse and worse.
I use Super backup app for contacts, texts, and bookmarks. I have never backed up setting on my apps, because sometimes it maybe bad from the update. So I load all my apps that I had again. It's a pain, but an FDR is worth it. I like to start out on a clean slate, sort of speak.

mcraeh

Reaction score
Well, I managed to avoid the FDR... I'm not sure what I did, but lately I have gotten much better battery life. Last night it was at 50% when I went to bed, and that was just because I had made a lot of calls I think. All I did was delete a couple of apps I had noticed were constantly running processes even when I wasn't using them. They had never showed up in the battery hog list, but after I did that cleared cache again, it got a lot better. The other thing was that I had accidentally turned off the sync. Took me forever to figure out why my work emails were not coming in automatically, and it was off for about a day. That was the first day I noticed the battery was much better. Then I turned it back on, and I am still getting pretty good battery life, so I'll take it! Hope it lasts, I still have 8 months until I am eligible for upgrade.

fbarks

Reaction score
I just fdr'ed, no big deal, all apps stored in app store just waiting to be reloaded. I only reinstalled about half of what I had to start with, phone is so much smoother and faster, so worth doing, Good as new now.