Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2x for Ultimate Droid eXtreme 8.0 now available!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How did you get such a high Quadrant Score? I can't touch anywhere near that with the same settings.

That was with the mv kernel set to performance on SetCPU. I've switched to ulv in the interest of battery life though. Haha! It still gets in the mid to high 1600s with ulv.

What system apps do you have installed? How does it run constant at 1.25?

What do you mean "system apps"? I just installed the ROM..haven't removed anything. Also, I'm not sure how you mean your second question. Like, how do you run it constant? Or how does it run when its constantly at 1.25?

projekt128

Reaction score
That was with the mv kernel set to performance on SetCPU. I've switched to ulv in the interest of battery life though. Haha! It still gets in the mid to high 1600s with ulv.

What do you mean "system apps"? I just installed the ROM..haven't removed anything. Also, I'm not sure how you mean your second question. Like, how do you run it constant? Or how does it run when its constantly at 1.25?

Sorry, I sounded illiterate.. How does the phone run performance wise and temperature wise at 1.25?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Sorry, I sounded illiterate.. How does the phone run performance wise and temperature wise at 1.25?

Haha! Nah, you're good..just didn't want to answer you wrong. At a constant 1.25, at least at mv, it FLIES!!!! You can almost see the battery draining about as fast as the temperature starts climbing! Wouldn't ever leave it at that speed..

projekt128

Reaction score

Haha! Nah, you're good..just didn't want to answer you wrong. At a constant 1.25, at least at mv, it FLIES!!!! You can almost see the battery draining about as fast as the temperature starts climbing! Wouldn't ever leave it at that speed..

Do you run it at 1.0 or 1.1?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Do you run it at 1.0 or 1.1?

Between 800 and 1.1...my phone is weird!! One day, 800 is blazing!! Next day, its sluggish so I have to crank it up because I get impatient waiting for pages to load.

StingRay

Reaction score
Any chance I could get a link to the 928 BG for UD 7.0?

I'm having too many problems with UD 8.0 and have gone back to 7.0....been wanting to give this slick looking theme a try! dancedroid

TIA!

Reaction score
Everthing worked fin then I tried this them but then it broke twitter causing it to downgrade I was forced to restore back to the default ud extreme 8

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Just as an FYI, anytime any Theme includes apps like Facebook, Twitter, Maps, etc ..you must uninstall the Market downloaded versions first. Sorry I haven't made that perfectly clear lately, I have gotten spoiled because I have drilled it into everyone's heads in the past.

Will try to update the Main Thread post to make this clearer.

Dave, I got eager to try your theme and didn't realize I had to uninstall the apps (Maps, Gmail, etc) first. A couple of questions, is uninstalling as easy as just going into Settings/Applications and uninstalling there, or do I do it from Root Explorer and go directly to the system/apps folder? If sys/apps is where I go, is that the ONLY place they need to be deleted? I'm asking because I deleted Gmail and Maps and reflashed your theme, but they still look the same. I've deduced I didn't "get it all" when I tried to remove them. Any suggestions, short of flashing back to UD8 stock and deleting from there?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Everthing worked fin then I tried this them but then it broke twitter causing it to downgrade I was forced to restore back to the default ud extreme 8

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Just as an FYI, anytime any Theme includes apps like Facebook, Twitter, Maps, etc ..you must uninstall the Market downloaded versions first. Sorry I haven't made that perfectly clear lately, I have gotten spoiled because I have drilled it into everyone's heads in the past.

Will try to update the Main Thread post to make this clearer.

Dave, I got eager to try your theme and didn't realize I had to uninstall the apps (Maps, Gmail, etc) first. A couple of questions, is uninstalling as easy as just going into Settings/Applications and uninstalling there, or do I do it from Root Explorer and go directly to the system/apps folder? If sys/apps is where I go, is that the ONLY place they need to be deleted? I'm asking because I deleted Gmail and Maps and reflashed your theme, but they still look the same. I've deduced I didn't "get it all" when I tried to remove them. Any suggestions, short of flashing back to UD8 stock and deleting from there?

Check this post, it will help.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/92...id-black-glass-x-droid-2-a-12.html#post818104

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Hey Dave got a couple questions. First of this is an awesome theme and love it. Just wondering if you could theme the new clock that just came out within the last week? I think it contains the new voice search so you can activate your alarm with your voice.
The second question which is no big deal at all but was wondering if there is a way to make the color of the word update in the android market, under your downloads, to the green color of the service bars? I think its a similar color to the stars and that green would really stand out. Not even a big deal at all but I thought it would be worth asking. Would definitely like to see the new clock themed though. Love how you themed the old one and dont want to lose that.
Thanks again for your hard work

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Hey Dave got a couple questions. First of this is an awesome theme and love it. Just wondering if you could theme the new clock that just came out within the last week? I think it contains the new voice search so you can activate your alarm with your voice.
The second question which is no big deal at all but was wondering if there is a way to make the color of the word update in the android market, under your downloads, to the green color of the service bars? I think its a similar color to the stars and that green would really stand out. Not even a big deal at all but I thought it would be worth asking. Would definitely like to see the new clock themed though. Love how you themed the old one and dont want to lose that.

Post a copy of the DeskClock apk, I will Theme it and post it back for you.

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Last edited:

arty2hottie

Reaction score

Post a copy of the DeskClock apk, I will Theme it and post it back for you.

How do you post a apk so I can get this deskclock apk up for you

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am interested in it as well. Thats awesome!