[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for DROID 2 !!!

SMDII

Reaction score
Any news on a 2.3.20 updated version? Sorry for the impatience, just itching to get my hands on this.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I updated the 2.3.20 ota, then deodexed, then installed the deodexed black glass theme and it runs flawlessly. My 1st theme and I love it

Fenway72

Reaction score
How is that possible? I hear installing black glass over 2.3.20 causes a horrendous boot loop. Which one did you install? And what steps did you take? Droid 2, or droid x?

Fenway72

Reaction score
Also, check your dialer buttons and see if the lettering corresponds to the proper number. I hear installing this on the wrong version messes that up. I tried the odexed version and can confirm that, but not the deodexed version as I hear it can't be done.

SMDII

Reaction score
Also, check your dialer buttons and see if the lettering corresponds to the proper number. I hear installing this on the wrong version messes that up. I tried the odexed version and can confirm that, but not the deodexed version as I hear it can't be done.

No dialer issues, I checked. Droid2. I was worried I'd have problems since the theme was only updated to 2.3.15 but no problems. I installed deodexed stock rom, dloaded the deodexed theme, used bootstrap to install the theme and that was it. Works flawlessly, no problems at all. I was worried it wouldn't so of course I made backup just in case

SMDII

Reaction score
I knew I was taking a risk installing it, but hoped the 2.3.15 updated theme would be close enough. Maybe I just got lucky lol. I wouldn't suggest doing it unless someone posts that they also have had success with it. Don't want to mess your phone up on my suggestion ya know.

Fenway72

Reaction score
Where did you get the deodexed rom? Can you post a link?

Fenway72

Reaction score
Now where did you find the 2.3.15 download of black glass? All I see on the thread for the theme is the 2.2 version.

Fenway72

Reaction score
And did you deodex via adb shell? Or did you use clockwork?

Fenway72

Reaction score
Okay, I did some research and it seems to me that you installed a droid x theme on your droid 2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2.3.15 theme is for the DX, not the D2. Unless you found a 2.3.15 D2 version that I can't find.

SMDII

Reaction score
Okay, I did some research and it seems to me that you installed a droid x theme on your droid 2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2.3.15 theme is for the DX, not the D2. Unless you found a 2.3.15 D2 version that I can't find.

I used clockwork to install...Honestly in this theme thread I couldn't find any version number at all...however the original thread that linked me here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-roms/87544-list-all-working-d2-themes.html Had this Black Glass listed under:
Stock Rom -- VZW 2.3.15:
Black Glass X for DROID 2 by 928droid
Therefore I can only assume it's Droid 2 theme, being listed as such....hope this helps

Fenway72

Reaction score

I used clockwork to install...Honestly in this theme thread I couldn't find any version number at all...however the original thread that linked me here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-roms/87544-list-all-working-d2-themes.html Had this Black Glass listed under:
Stock Rom -- VZW 2.3.15:
Black Glass X for DROID 2 by 928droid
Therefore I can only assume it's Droid 2 theme, being listed as such....hope this helps

Tried using clockwork to install the deodexed file and it failed. The file downloaded as a .rar file, my phone couldn't see it- so I renamed it to zip and it reported fail. No clue what you did to get that on your phone, but I'm not risking it. I'll just wait for a 2.3.20 release.

SMDII

Reaction score
My bad I didn't explain that very well...I used clockwork to install the theme..Not the deodexed...

To install the deodexed files I followed the directions in that thread.

1st downloaded The Android SDK and installed on my computer...
The deodexed .rar archive, Droid2 Deodexed Stock Status Bar Command Line Install needs to be extracted using a .rar program (I use winrar), and the extracted files then are copied to the root of the sd card by hooking your phone to computer via USB and putting in Mass storage mode.
Then remove and reinsert USB cord and put phone in PC Mode. And make sure your phone has USB debugging enabled.. (in settings/applications/development on your phone).
As the directions state, I opened a Command Prompt, navigated to where Adb was located... cd/[adb folder]... mine was cd/program files/android-sdk-windows/tools. And entered the commands listed in that thread:

adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/framework/* /system/framework/
rm /system/app/*.odex
rm /system/framework/*.odex
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

Phone rebooted deodexed.

Currently there isn't a clockwork friendly version of the files in that thread...

Then I downloaded http://www.928Droid.com/Droid2.htm on my PC, copied to root of sd card. Then used clockwork to install theme...

I know you said you weren't risking it...just thought I'd post the correct procedure in case you changed your mind.

Last edited:

Fenway72

Reaction score
So that's where I went wrong. May try it tomorrow. Thanks for your time in putting all that together! Appreciated!