[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for DROID 2 !!!

Fenway72

Reaction score
Okay, so tried this out. Failed. Somehow when I got to the last line in ADB

(mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system)

-it was telling me the device is busy. I read on another forum regarding this error and was told that the phone needs to be in "Charge only" mode as something was using the sdcard. Or something like that. This endeavor caused my phone to be stuck at the Motorola logo.

I'm in the process of doing a restore and I'll try again and let you know how it turns out.

Try number 2.

Got into ADB, and went to copy the app and framework files and unlike the first time, there was no list of files copied. Also it says there are no framework files to be copied... No idea why this is so difficult for me. I must be doing something wrong.

Could it be that in the cpoy process I'm not waiting lon enough? when I do the cp /sdcard... line then hit enter, it just repeats what I typed in on the next line, then beneath that- there is no #. Does the copy process take a while?

Try number 3.

Fail again. Got the device or resource busy. Error again. I'm done. I am restoring and going to accept my fate as a part of the un-themed masses. Again, thanks for all your help with this.

Last edited:

Fenway72

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!

After the unsuccessful attempts, I decided to look in my system/framework folder to see if anything was different. It was full of .jar files so I thought, "This is different. Maybe it worked!" So I bootstrapped the 928 theme and what do you know? It worked!

Tooling around I have noticed however that the market is not themed as it was on the odexed version. It's still green and crappy looking. Can you check yours and let me know if your market is the black glass looking one?

And the 928 swyped keyboard is AWESOME!

Last edited:

SMDII

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!

After the unsuccessful attempts, I decided to look in my system/framework folder to see if anything was different. It was full of .jar files so I thought, "This is different. Maybe it worked!" So I bootstrapped the 928 theme and what do you know? It worked!

Tooling around I have noticed however that the market is not themed as it was on the odexed version. It's still green and crappy looking. Can you check yours and let me know if your market is the black glass looking one?

And the 928 swyped keyboard is AWESOME!

AWESOME! I'm really glad it worked out for you! And no problem helping out...anytime. and yeah infortunately my market is like only thing not themed...still green and crappy lol. But yeah isn't the swype keyboard great! I had no idea that was going to be part of it. The spacing is so much better. Once again glad you got it working.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

txter

Reaction score
im trying to download that file also...i want to theme by girls phone as she updated to the 2.3.20. it wont allow me to download it. it said it had been removed. do you still have the .rar and would you be able to post it or PM it to me?

SMDII

Reaction score

Fenway72

Reaction score
That's where I got them too. The link worked for me yesterday.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
not sure if there is an update or something

I just sbf'd my phone tonight and started over when i put 928's theme on my market is black ?

not sure why urs isn't. Try this go into TheBowers section in his downloads he has a market only install. Not sure if that helps you or not.
CAP201011170353.jpg

CAP201011170354.jpg

CAP201010290713.jpg

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 for thebowers' market!

I just sbf'd my phone tonight and started over when i put 928's theme on my market is black ?

not sure why urs isn't. Try this go into TheBowers section in his downloads he has a market only install. Not sure if that helps you or not.
CAP201011170353.jpg

CAP201011170354.jpg

CAP201010290713.jpg

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Fenway72

Reaction score
Thebowers is deodexed or odexed?

Fenway72

Reaction score
I downloaded the zip file to check and it looks odexed to me.

Fenway72

Reaction score
Figured it out, you need to go to market in your settings> applications and remove updates from the market app. Market is black themed now.

Fenway72

Reaction score
Nevermind. Somehow it updates itself back to green once it's closed.

Fenway72

Reaction score
What I mentioned is not a theme. Its just an update.zip for the market app only.

you must be running either a different version than the one we have, or you are not on 2.3.20. Because the new market app will overwrite the themed one. There is no way around it.

g17owner

Reaction score
ive had this theme for about 2 months now and love it. but i do have a question. is it normal that after installing this them that everytime the phone reboots in boots into recovery mode or is there a way to turn that off?