4.0.4 update zip!

I installed just the radios and its no improvement over 4.0.3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Well I got no drop offs at all with the new radios. Its the hand offs that are working very well now between 3g/4g and wifi. DancingNexus

Signal strength is no different at all, but even with 1 or 2 bars with any version of the OS I've never had issues when connected, it was always the hand offs that would fail and drop data.

Last edited:
this update fixed the android os battery drain that everyone has been complaining about. it used to keep my phone awake for hours during the day and use up most of the battery, now its under 10 minutes for whole day and only used 3% of battery.

Please be right!

ok, i've tried the radios in 4.0.4 on 4.0.2, both flashing the stock .2's back then updating to the .4's and while the hand off seems better, its always handing off and i have worse service and times with no bars, and no data, where i reflashed stock .2's radio and it was stable 2 bars of 4g.

i seem to be the only one, but i have the older .9 hardware rev. maybe this is only for the newer phones. but i'm going back to .3 radio's and waiting a while. whole update seems like a step backwards for me.

can anyone that's running this confirm if the elixir 2 hotspot widget still enables the wifi tether for free?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

i was using about 10% an hour on 02 .
on 04 im using 4-5% an hour..thats with average use for me

can anyone that's running this confirm if the elixir 2 hotspot widget still enables the wifi tether for free?

yes it does.

i was using about 10% an hour on 02 .
on 04 im using 4-5% an hour..thats with average use for me
they fixed android os draining battery while phone is idle. i used to have android os use 50-60% when phone was idle, now it's 3% with cell standby and phone idle using most of battery.

ok, i've tried the radios in 4.0.4 on 4.0.2, both flashing the stock .2's back then updating to the .4's and while the hand off seems better, its always handing off and i have worse service and times with no bars, and no data, where i reflashed stock .2's radio and it was stable 2 bars of 4g.

i seem to be the only one, but i have the older .9 hardware rev. maybe this is only for the newer phones. but i'm going back to .3 radio's and waiting a while. whole update seems like a step backwards for me.

New LTE radio is not as strong as 4.0.3 radio for me as well. 3g is the same. I am version 9 as well.

New 4.0.4 radios seem about the same for me at least around the house with 3g.

4.0.4 ROM is definetly an improvement for me so far over 4.0.2. Much smoother like butter, faster, good battery life. Everything works except one app is showing up now in the market as not supported for my device after 4.0.4 update. Didn't have that with 4.0.2. So something changed with 4.0.4 that this particular app is considered at least by the market as not being compatible anymore. I suspect the dev of the app has not made their app fully ICS compatible but I could be wrong :D

Last edited:
I was thinking maybe the radio mods were meant for the newer rev hardware.. or atleast I hope.

kinda bums me out about the hardware rev. was at dinner tonight with a buddy that got his a few weeks after mine, totally stock non rooted phone and playing with his compared to mine, he's was faster and smoother to use and signal db read lower/better by a little sitting side by side on the table.

and that's with me on the 4.0.3 radios that work much better on my phone then the stock 4.0.2 he's on.

blah, anyways. still happy with my phone, just wish a radio would come out that switched cleanly and had good signal.

thank you sir. Now I have no qualms about updating to this early or when it comes out. (I don't like paying for something that should be free)

I was thinking maybe the radio mods were meant for the newer rev hardware.. or atleast I hope.

kinda bums me out about the hardware rev. was at dinner tonight with a buddy that got his a few weeks after mine, totally stock non rooted phone and playing with his compared to mine, he's was faster and smoother to use and signal db read lower/better by a little sitting side by side on the table.

and that's with me on the 4.0.3 radios that work much better on my phone then the stock 4.0.2 he's on.

blah, anyways. still happy with my phone, just wish a radio would come out that switched cleanly and had good signal.

..huh?

They made revisions to future nexuses? If this is so, I am going to demand a new model. That's bull****.

Back