All Ultimate Droid Support Will Be Handled Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running UD8 perfect, I must say compared to UD7 I always have much more free memory available, at the very least around 80MBs and I run quite a few widgets and apps all the time. Very well done!!

My notification light is so annoying now. It refuses to blink like before.... I do not like a solid light. No matter where i change this its always the same. Any ideas??

My notification light is so annoying now. It refuses to blink like before.... I do not like a solid light. No matter where i change this its always the same. Any ideas??

Go into UD Settings, User Interface, LED Notifications - Then click the advanced button. In there are some other settings, and I am not sure but I have found that if some of them are checked the LED seems to stay on. Also, you can hit the RESET button there to put all to defaults, or in the main LED settigns go into a setting and make sure it is not on as blink slowly... Maybe thats it.

Tried to reset and stuff lol checked out all the apps settings in the UD settings and checked handcent again everything is the way it should be. Still solid light.... :(

Mine did that as well when I installed over 7.0. After a wipe and a fresh install of 8 it works except for a few colors, but I have heard that form others as well.

i have 2 dalvik-cache folders which before i only saw one. one is in the cache folder the other is in the data folder ??? does anybody know why this is. ud 8

Not sure if this is a UD8 thing or an FRG22D but since putting UD8 on some site do not seem to render completely. The content kind of blinks in and out. The browser makes no difference. Xscope, default, dolphin all the same. The best place to see this is (no smart comments) FooPets - Real Virtual Pets Online. Ideas?

*EDIT* I have narrowed it down to Java I think. Also went back to UD7 and everything is fine. Really want to stick with 8 though.

Sent from my Droid

I was going to check to see if I had the same issues to see if you or the ROM. That web page goes to a login screen. Do you have any other page examples?

i've been having trouble with UDeX8 freezing up on me, forcing me to do a battery pull. i'm not doing anything intensive, just texting or something trivial like that. it will freeze and when i start it up again, everything force closes and everything i had on my homescreen is back to how it was when i first flashed.

any ideas? i was really digging this ROM...

Did you Fix Permissions?

i did not. the freezing issue has stopped for now, i'll Fix Permissions and see if it freezes up on me again.
thank you.

Not sure if this is a UD8 thing or an FRG22D but since putting UD8 on some site do not seem to render completely. The content kind of blinks in and out. The browser makes no difference. Xscope, default, dolphin all the same. The best place to see this is (no smart comments) FooPets - Real Virtual Pets Online. Ideas?

*EDIT* I have narrowed it down to Java I think. Also went back to UD7 and everything is fine. Really want to stick with 8 though.

Sent from my Droid

I was going to check to see if I had the same issues to see if you or the ROM. That web page goes to a login screen. Do you have any other page examples?

Actually, that would be a goof test. If there was nothing there but the two boxes with no button or graphics then you have the same issue.

Sent from my Droid

Sent from my Droid

Actually, that would be a goof test. If there was nothing there but the two boxes with no button or graphics then you have the same issue.

Sent from my Droid

I see a typical login screen for email address and one for pw and the login button. When I press on the box (as if I was going to enter, the it shows the "fooPets" logo. Looks fine to me.

Last edited:
i had to switch back to 7.0. i was running 8 for 2 days i had a lot of troubles. I would get texting errors were it would make me fc. Storm 8 games locking up left and right. i dunno did anyone else notice that thier service hit the crapper? mine got worse when i switched to 8.0. Doesnt nake any sense to me? Also had the voice to text you know in the keyboard for texting lock up and wouldnt accept anything. i would get the force close message. I ran the fix app in the ud settings area and it didnt help. I tried all of the launchers and none seemed to help. I have tried chevys kernals and also petes and it didnt make a difference. The roblems started with lag. So i switched from the stock kernal to petes 250-1250. Didnt help so i switched to chevys ulv in my sig and that didnt help either. I also wiped and tried a fresh instal to no avail. Any ideas? I havent ever had any troubles with a ud rom before. i restored to 7 and all my problems are gone.

Actually, that would be a good test. If there was nothing there but the two boxes with no button or graphics then you have the same issue.

Sent from my Droid

I see a typical login screen for email address and one for pw and the login button. When I press on the box (as if I was going to enter, the it shows the "fooPets" logo. Looks fine to me.

Then you have the same issue. There should be graphics on the page as well. I wonder what is different with 22?

Last edited:
I have tried to read all the pages and searched but did not find the answer to my problem. I flashed 8.0 yesterday and Chevy's 1.0 lb kernel. Its runing great but I'm not able to open any pictures in text messages. All I get is a message saying " download unsuccessful" I have check setting and I'm sure I'm missing something but for the life of me I can't find the fix.

Any ideas how I can't fix this? ????

I have tried to read all the pages and searched but did not find the answer to my problem. I flashed 8.0 yesterday and Chevy's 1.0 lb kernel. Its runing great but I'm not able to open any pictures in text messages. All I get is a message saying " download unsuccessful" I have check setting and I'm sure I'm missing something but for the life of me I can't find the fix.

Any ideas how I can't fix this? ????

Hi there. Are you by chance using Handcent or some other messenging app? If so, have you deleted the stock messenging app? I found I had your situation when I didn't have stock messenger. Hope that helps.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back