All Ultimate Droid Support Will Be Handled Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question for you all. When I was running UD 7.0.0 I had the droid 2 keyboard and loved it. I tried to install it after flashing the UD 8.0.0 and now even tho it says that its installed and I can change its settings, when I long press a dialog box and try to enable it all I have for options is the android kb and the HTC IME kb. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my Droid

Here's a question for you all. When I was running UD 7.0.0 I had the droid 2 keyboard and loved it. I tried to install it after flashing the UD 8.0.0 and now even tho it says that its installed and I can change its settings, when I long press a dialog box and try to enable it all I have for options is the android kb and the HTC IME kb. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my Droid

I believe I read in the thread about UD 8 that it was causing problems with the hardware keyboard. You might check there.

I ended up switching from UD to liquid. UD was a great rom but i started getting some SERIOUS lag issues texting. I couldn't take it anymore. I even started messing around with a memory manager app and task killer still nothing. It was taking almost 15 seconds for the text to appear after i sent it.

Memory was constantly low. I was average 15-20mb of free memory. This is only with 1 screen in use and i had 2 widgets running with the phone running at 1ghz.

Sent from my Droid

The HTC IME is the droid 2 keyboard. I've installed it also. Just select that one in settings and should be good to go.
Or did I read you wrong?

Sent from my Droid

The HTC IME is the droid 2 keyboard. I've installed it also. Just select that one in settings and should be good to go.
Or did I read you wrong?

No, the HTC IME is the Sense keyboard, the Droid 2 is around on the internet, just Google Droid 2 Keyboard. It causes issues with the physical keyboard, so that's why it was removed.

[PORT] Droid 2 Multi-Touch Keyboard [Froyo] UPDATE! fixed4! - xda-developers

Here is the link for the thread in XDA

Sent from my Droid

Or did I read you wrong?

No, the HTC IME is the Sense keyboard, the Droid 2 is around on the internet, just Google Droid 2 Keyboard. It causes issues with the physical keyboard, so that's why it was removed.

[PORT] Droid 2 Multi-Touch Keyboard [Froyo] UPDATE! fixed4! - xda-developers

Here is the link for the thread in XDA

Ooops, sorry for the bad info. Knew I should have kept my fingers to myself.

i've been having trouble with UDeX8 freezing up on me, forcing me to do a battery pull. i'm not doing anything intensive, just texting or something trivial like that. it will freeze and when i start it up again, everything force closes and everything i had on my homescreen is back to how it was when i first flashed.

any ideas? i was really digging this ROM...

i've been having trouble with UDeX8 freezing up on me, forcing me to do a battery pull. i'm not doing anything intensive, just texting or something trivial like that. it will freeze and when i start it up again, everything force closes and everything i had on my homescreen is back to how it was when i first flashed.

any ideas? i was really digging this ROM...

Did you Fix Permissions?

Is UD 8 stable yet? I noticed it slower then UD 7. and I miss the reboot to recovery when you power the phone off option.

I get a "Status 7" error in ClockWorkMod Recovery. Something about... asserting the boot image? I'uno lol. Help? And is it even worth going through all the trouble? I've heard so many great things about it but now I'm starting to have second thoughts, per account of the fact that I can't install it and from what others have said.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Is it me? I am running UD8.0 and having no issues. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones but I am loving this ROM. Dev is awesome, support is awesome and Watermark'd 3.4 is the best theme going.

Is it me? I am running UD8.0 and having no issues. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones but I am loving this ROM. Dev is awesome, support is awesome and Watermark'd 3.4 is the best theme going.

I must be another lucky one because I have NO issues either! In fact, I'd have to say this is, by FAR, the smoothest, fastest, and most stable ROM I've ran to date!!
dancedroid:blackdroid:dancedroid:blackdroid:dancedroid

Not sure if this is a UD8 thing or an FRG22D but since putting UD8 on some site do not seem to render completely. The content kind of blinks in and out. The browser makes no difference. Xscope, default, dolphin all the same. The best place to see this is (no smart comments) http://m.foopets.com. Ideas?

*EDIT* I have narrowed it down to Java I think. Also went back to UD7 and everything is fine. Really want to stick with 8 though.

Sent from my Droid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back