anybody know when verizon galaxy nexus is getting the official jelly bean update

Right. Just now? Wasn't 4.0.4 released in May??? And it's not like he didn't check for updates recently. He has. I don't get it.
I thought that's why we liked this phone... because it gets updates faster??

He wouldn't happen to have a GSM Nexus would he?

How the heck did his vzw Nexus JUST get 4.0.4. That's odd

Has to be a total fluke. You'd think we would have heard of this before if this guy wasn't the only guy!
Agreed.This phone has been out 7mths now,dropped calls,poor signal,but never late update problems.Did we just get trolled?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dang, it's been that long. I still have not grown tired of this phone:hail:

Friend just called me. "Dude I just got an update on my Nexus! Must be Jelly Bean, right?"

Um... yea! Sweet.
/wait for it to reboot. Asks to be reactivated. Must be JB, right?
Comes up.
"OK go here her here... what's the version there?"
"um... 4.0.4"....

wtf. Didn't that come out MONTHS ago???
Hated telling him it wasn't JB. :(

I wonder if it was the gimping of the search update. IMM76K > IMM76Q . Both still 4.0.4 .

E2A: If not, that is very strange. I wonder how he managed to dodge the 4.0.4 update for so long as it has been out for months at this point haha.

Someone on the XDA forum claims they got the OTA JB update. It's the same guy who got the first IMM76Q update. Probably a test device.

Looks like they posted the source file at Droid Life. If it's real then I'm surprised that it is being sent out so quickly. Doesn't seem to be the official build though

There have been some decent reports about the new radios improving recpt, hand offs etc.

There have been some decent reports about the new radios improving recpt, hand offs etc.
About ready to flash it. Didn't realize I was running the old 4.0.2 radios for the past week :D

edit: Just flashed, everything went fine. Can't tell if the new radios has any effect until I head to school (where I usually drop a bar or 2 in the building). Will report back later

Back