anybody know when verizon galaxy nexus is getting the official jelly bean update

Yup, I can definitely say there is an increase of signal strength. I usually get 3bars on campus, but getting 4 now.

I thought we were going to get another ICS update before we get JellyBean. Did that get scrapped and we are going straight to JB?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I thought we were going to get another ICS update before we get JellyBean. Did that get scrapped and we are going straight to JB?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
I believe the last ICS update was to dumb down the search function.

Then again I haven't been stock since launch day :D Every update I've gotten has been because of the dev community :hail:

Yep, my signal is drastically improved. I usually only get 3g in my building, since flashing the new radios this morning, I've had 3 solid bars of 4g all day. Very nice.

Are you guys checking the dBm's and asu's? Do they show better numbers as well?
Never really kept an eye out on either. However, right now it reads:-90 50

I'm getting better signal in places, that's all I ask for. I'll be heading to my local dog park around 6:30 and I never get signal up there, so that'll be the real test, though I'm not expecting any change to that since it's up in the hills.

One thing is for sure, my SpeedTest results shot through the roof. Previously I was getting roughly 9 down and 3 up. Now, after multiple attempts, I'm getting about 16 down and 9 up. Very happy so far.

sbenson said:
One thing is for sure, my SpeedTest results shot through the roof. Previously I was getting roughly 9 down and 3 up. Now, after multiple attempts, I'm getting about 16 down and 9 up. Very happy so far.

I'm running JBS v2.1 How do I find out out what radio I'm running and where do I find and flash the new and improved radio?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

I'm running JBS v2.1 How do I find out out what radio I'm running and where do I find and flash the new and improved radio?

Settings > about phone > baseband version will tell you what radios you are on. There are at least 5 different possible radios you could be on, FC04 and FC05 are the latest official prior to this leak.

There is a link in the post above yours for flashable versions of the radios. Download: New Jelly Bean Radios FF02/FG02 for Verizon Galaxy Nexus – Droid Life

cupfulloflol said:
Settings > about phone > baseband version will tell you what radios you are on. There are at least 5 different possible radios you could be on, FC04 and FC05 are the latest official prior to this leak.

There is a link in the post above yours for flashable versions of the radios. Download: New Jelly Bean Radios FF02/FG02 for Verizon Galaxy Nexus – Droid Life

Cool I got them up and going. Thanks guys. I feel guilty. I'm at work flashing. Lol

cupfulloflol said:

Have a question. Will the new radios always be there or only on the ROM I'm running and I will have to flash them again when changing ROMs?

Back