[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

Downloaded and applied 6/13, looks like it bricked my phone. Stuck at batwings and wiping data doesn't help.

Yeah sounds like an sbf is in order. What were you on when you tried to install cm9?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Downloaded and applied 6/13, looks like it bricked my phone. Stuck at batwings and wiping data doesn't help.

Batwings? That your boot logo or boot animation? Can you get to cwmr? If so, you can flash from there. Depending on what is messed up and what baae you have will determine what you need to flash. An sbf might be easier though. I would do an md5 check on the cm9 zip on your sdcard before flashing again.

Updated OP with a new build from Jonman. Going to try to maintain it with his builds but cant guarantee that it will always be up to date.

Hello! I seem to be having trouble with these builds - I'm eternally stuck at the motorola logo after flashing. I've SBF'd a few times, wipe data/cache, and then install the 6/22 build with GApps following. I have the 30.04 bootloader (which might be the problem?) and am using the Droid 2 (yes, that's not a typo) Bootstrapper to access clockwork recovery. Perhaps one of the knowledgeable in this thread have an inkling on what I might be doing wrong?

(I apologize if this is redundant - I still have quite an amount of replies to still read.)

Oh yes, the SBF I'm using (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf) is also something on my mind - perhaps this file is too outdated to be used?

Thanks for your promptness and assistance, and I apologize for my ineptitude. :)

No problem, we all make mistakes.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
I've not had any issues with apollo. I rather like it.

What build? I have noticed that it doesnt play quite as nice when it is using HWA. If you are on 6/13, you can un-whitelist it at /system/hwui-whitelist.txt and see if that changes your experience.

i am not sure what build im on or where to go to get the latest. i dl'd it from the OPs first post. in About it says im on April 24

added: nevermind, i was looking at the op on tapatalk .... it doesnt look the same as on a pc or in a browser
i'm dling the latest right now 0622 .... hopefully it will run smoother than what i have
---
posted via android

Last edited:
Just downloaded and installed the 6/22 earlier today. I only wiped cache and then installed the ROM and MMS still wasn't working for me (couldn't download the picture a friend sent). Today I wiped dalvik cache, regular cache and system wipe then installed the 6/22 ROM and voila MMS is now working, thank you thank you and I was also happy that the stock browser isn't so glitchy anymore, though now when I type in a search string or URL it occasionally glitches when I do a backspace on a long string, but it's still better than before. Was doing the happy dance, until I noticed 2 things. Occasionally my Droid X gets fairly warm in the back at the bottom (occasionally), then cools back down and now I just saw that my WiFi is getting disconnected. I work from home so I'm on WiFi all day and this is going to kill my speed. When I go into WiFi and check it says "Not in range" and the other 10 that I usually see are gone. If I turn WiFi off then back on, it finds it again and connects, but it has disconnected 2x in the last hour or so. So hopefully there is something that I can do to resolve this? If there's any testing needed let me know, I'm available.

Thanks for all the hard work you've done, I'm really happy to have ICS on my droid X, now I don't have to think about getting a new phone especially since Verizon has added an upgrade charge of $30 for the typical 2-year upgrades, and of course they counter-act that with the $30 credit for giving them your old phone. Not sure who's on the winning end on that. Anyways, hope all is well and you're getting you're much needed zzzz's for the quick turn around's you do on this :)

I just updated to 622 as well .... home button stopped working

---
posted via android

i did but when i booted into the OS i didnt see them appear, so i just restored my apps from a tibackup i made. would flashing gapps set the hardware buttons correctly ?

---
posted via android

Back