[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

So I am running the 6/02 build, but only because someone posted a link to it a few posts back. I never saw an official posting for it and I don't see it on the downloads page. How do I find out when a new build is posted and ready?

So I am running the 6/02 build, but only because someone posted a link to it a few posts back. I never saw an official posting for it and I don't see it on the downloads page. How do I find out when a new build is posted and ready?
Same here with the 6/02 build. Usually it's at least on the download page, which makes me suspicious. It seems to have broaken the video camera, without any gain. Does anyone know why?

I couldn't get it to install. Three separate downloads and all were "corrupt" when I tried to open them in CWM.
Makes me wonder about the stability of whatever went into the 6/02 update.

Same here with the 6/02 build. Usually it's at least on the download page, which makes me suspicious. It seems to have broaken the video camera, without any gain. Does anyone know why?

Its a test build of an update.. its not posted because it has these issues that you and others are providing feedback on now. I'm on the build also, it feels much more stable to me than previous but yes, buggy video camera.

A few posts back Savagerun mentioned a fix for a bug that prevents the phone from sleeping. You should get better battery life on 6/02. I recently got an extended battery and changed CPU governors, so I don't have a good baseline to say if this is the case or not. Here are a few things that I have noticed that have been added over the 4/24 build:
- Theme support
- Enhanced lockscreen
- Apollo music app
I feel like there was a few more things, but I don't remember what it was.

JumperPunk said:
A few posts back Savagerun mentioned a fix for a bug that prevents the phone from sleeping. You should get better battery life on 6/02. I recently got an extended battery and changed CPU governors, so I don't have a good baseline to say if this is the case or not. Here are a few things that I have noticed that have been added over the 4/24 build:
- Theme support
- Enhanced lockscreen
- Apollo music app
I feel like there was a few more things, but I don't remember what it was.

Dont know about anyone else but the apollo music app is horrible. It continuously force closes and dsp manager closes quite a bit also.

I think it is pretty stable and has better battery life than previously... with one exception. I stream Pandora all day at work, so I have it set to keep the screen awake when plugged in/charging (so that I can thumbs up/down songs). Twice since installing 6/02 this has used battery faster than the battery charged (even when no music streaming). So -- with it plugged into my computer in USB charge mode only, with the screen staying awake, it charges slower than the screen uses battery.

I think it is pretty stable and has better battery life than previously... with one exception. I stream Pandora all day at work, so I have it set to keep the screen awake when plugged in/charging (so that I can thumbs up/down songs). Twice since installing 6/02 this has used battery faster than the battery charged (even when no music streaming). So -- with it plugged into my computer in USB charge mode only, with the screen staying awake, it charges slower than the screen uses battery.
Sometimes you have to disconnect and reconnect for it to really be charging. If it doesn't pop up with the android debugging, then it isn't really charging (of course, you have to have usb debugging on, but it is on by default). Also, AC chargers tend to work MUCH faster than connecting to the PC.

For those who are having stability issues, here is my MD5 for the 6/02 build:
Code:
d2ffe863839c66abc447682f03a57830  CM9-DX-06022012.zip
I recommend checking the md5 sum from the file on the sdcard, not just the file you downloaded.

Sometimes you have to disconnect and reconnect for it to really be charging. If it doesn't pop up with the android debugging, then it isn't really charging (of course, you have to have usb debugging on, but it is on by default). Also, AC chargers tend to work MUCH faster than connecting to the PC.

For those who are having stability issues, here is my MD5 for the 6/02 build:
Code:
d2ffe863839c66abc447682f03a57830  CM9-DX-06022012.zip
I recommend checking the md5 sum from the file on the sdcard, not just the file you downloaded.

what is this MD5 thingy?

Its a code that should match after you download it on your pc.

This way you can verify whether its a good download or not.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I just noticed there is a 6/09 and 6/11 build available for download. I'm downloading the 6/11 build now. Idk when I am going to have time to reflash, but when I do, I will post back what I find. What info are you guys specifically looking for? I'll be as thorough as I can be (though, nothing is the same as just trying it for yourself).

:icon_eek:would be downloading these with feedback but unfortunately left my usb chord at home, so instead ill have to sit at work bored to death wondering if these build have anything nice to offer

Last edited:
Back