Droid 2 Miui install/bug/questions&answers thread.

Not true. No need to sbf.
Now, if you flashed the gb leak and then a gb rom and say, wanted to try a 2nd init gb rom based off the froyo kernel (like cyanogenmod or miui), then you'd have to sbf to froyo.
You're already on froyo so you can jump to any froyo rom or any gb rom based off the froyo kernel (cm, miui etc..)
Hope that makes sense ;p

CM74D2

So I assume that you do this all through CW Recovery/Bootstrap.

Yes. But if you go to CM7 or MIUI, stop using bootstrap. It will mess things up. Both of those ROMS have recovery built into their reboot menus. I believe Liquid is the same way.

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

Miui has stock recovery built into the menu. I had to use rom manager to get into cw

CM74D2

Anyone on have a run down on how to get gapps? I flashed them on like CM7, but I don't think that was the way to do it.

Miui has stock recovery built into the menu. I had to use rom manager to get into cw

CM74D2

Try flashing CWR in ROM manager. That did the trick for me and was able to to boot into recovery in the reboot menu. but until I re flashed it would go to Andy.

Not true. No need to sbf.
Now, if you flashed the gb leak and then a gb rom and say, wanted to try a 2nd init gb rom based off the froyo kernel (like cyanogenmod or miui), then you'd have to sbf to froyo.
You're already on froyo so you can jump to any froyo rom or any gb rom based off the froyo kernel (cm, miui etc..)
Hope that makes sense ;p

CM74D2

Yes. But if you go to CM7 or MIUI, stop using bootstrap. It will mess things up. Both of those ROMS have recovery built into their reboot menus. I believe Liquid is the same way.

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

I just read on another thread that you need to be running CM7 first in order to install MIUI, is that right? as I am running Liberty 2.0.1.

Just a heads up: Google Voice (making calls from GV number) does not function on MIUI.

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

I just read on another thread that you need to be running CM7 first in order to install MIUI, is that right? as I am running Liberty 2.0.1.

The install notes from the dev in the OP on the release thread here (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1821-ROM-7.22.11-MIUI.us-OFFICIAL-MIUI4D2-1.7.22.1) says:

"NOTES:
You MUST be on CyanogenMod 7 or .340 Froyo to flash this rom!
Remember to wipe before flash!

Also, when rom is booted, MAKE sure to select a ringtone! [Settings -> Sound Settings->Ringtone]"

I was on CM7 so I never checked to see if this is a requirement, but I'd be careful ignoring the direction of the developer... :)

The ".340" above was copied from his DX post, and on the D2 would correspond to .320, as in 2.3.20 AFAIK.

So either on CM4D2 (which itself requires 2.3.20 to install) or other 2.3.20 based ROM, or flash 2.3.20 and then MIUI.

Last edited:
Just a heads up: Google Voice (making calls from GV number) does not function on MIUI.

I have GV set to handle all my international calls - I just called a friend in Spain and it worked fine - the GV graphic came up over the dialer and the announcement of the cost of the call came over the headset. Is that not what you mean? Seems to work for me.

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

The install notes from the dev in the OP on the release thread here (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1821-ROM-7.22.11-MIUI.us-OFFICIAL-MIUI4D2-1.7.22.1) says:

"NOTES:

Also, when rom is booted, MAKE sure to select a ringtone! [Settings -> Sound Settings->Ringtone]"

I was on CM7 so I never checked to see if this is a requirement, but I'd be careful ignoring the direction of the developer... :)

The ".340" above was copied from his DX post, and on the D2 would correspond to .320, as in 2.3.20 AFAIK.

So either on CM4D2 (which itself requires 2.3.20 to install) or other 2.3.20 based ROM, or flash 2.3.20 and then MIUI.

I got my replacement Droid 2 late last week and I simply rooted via z4 root, and went directly to MIUI with no problems at all. I had the latest version of cm7 downloaded, but realized I didn't didn't need it.

From everything that you're read in all of the forums related to MIUI, you just have to be on a froyo based rom and then flash to MIUI. So if you're running a gingerbread rom like I was before the replacement phone, then you have to sbf back to froyo.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

The install notes from the dev in the OP on the release thread here ([ROM][7.22.11][MIUI.us OFFICIAL] MIUI4D2 1.7.22.1) says:

So then it looks like I do indeed to to SBF to ger

"NOTES:

Then it looks like I do indeed to need SBF to 2.3.20, or can I go straight from Liberty to CM4D2 then to MIUI?

Sorry for all the questions, i just don't want to F'up my phone.

The install notes from the dev in the OP on the release thread here ([ROM][7.22.11][MIUI.us OFFICIAL] MIUI4D2 1.7.22.1) says:

So then it looks like I do indeed to to SBF to ger

"NOTES:

Then it looks like I do indeed to need SBF to 2.3.20, or can I go straight from Liberty to CM4D2 then to MIUI?

Sorry for all the questions, i just don't want to F'up my phone.

If you're on froyo there's no need to SBF since you're already there.

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

Go right from liberty to miui. Wipe data, cache and dalvik. Mount system and install. No Need to use cm7 as a middle man

CM74D2

Couple things...

1. Is there a way to switch between silent and ring with the slider instead of having to unlock the phone and changing it manually?

2. In Email when I delete an email it just goes to the next message. Is there a setting to go back to the message list after delete? Not sure if this is rom specific setting.

3. Can we get rid of Verizon Wireless in the notification bar?

4. Anyway to get the android weather widget (the black one not the blue motorola one)? I find this is the best one.

Back