Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

Did anyone click on the link about the new HTC device? Sounds good, unless the screen is crazy big.

I went to the vzw store today and played with the s3. It was nice, but it didn't blow me away. I noticed the darker screen, and the gps took forever to figure out where it was. Also it was a hair too big.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Did anyone click on the link about the new HTC device? Sounds good, unless the screen is crazy big.

I went to the vzw store today and played with the s3. It was nice, but it didn't blow me away. I noticed the darker screen, and the gps took forever to figure out where it was. Also it was a hair too big.

Yeah it took me about 2 hours to realize I wasn't keeping the SIII. Reception was as bad as when I had the G'Nex. And I did not like the feel of it in my hand. The size plus the curve at the bottom made the buttons really uncomfortable to reach for one-handed. That with the fact that it lost 50% batter in two hours with about 30 minutes of screen-on time.

I'll stick with Moto thanks.

well if its 1800x1080 on a 5" screen would it really be a big difference than 720p on 5" ? stuffing that amount of pixels into 5" is kindda silly, the difference wouldnt wouldnt even be visible to the naked eyes probably.

My transformer is 1280x800 on 10.1" screen, and its crazy sharp!

coderror said:
well if its 1800x1080 on a 5" screen would it really be a big difference than 720p on 5" ? stuffing that amount of pixels into 5" is kindda silly, the difference wouldnt wouldnt even be visible to the naked eyes probably.

My transformer is 1280x800 on 10.1" screen, and its crazy sharp!

Yeah but it can be easily said about pixels on TVs as well, half the people won't guess what's 1080P and 720P and then just like TVs before 1080P that was 720P or 1080I, their basically the same but 720P has a edge.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

I hope the HTC doesn't have a 5" screen. If it does that would eliminate it from being my next phone. Even with those crazy specs I think it would be hard to compete with moto's quality. And battery life of course.

Do we know what the screen size is on the vanquish yet?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

mgrande said:
I hope the HTC doesn't have a 5" screen. If it does that would eliminate it from being my next phone. Even with those crazy specs I think it would be hard to compete with moto's quality. And battery life of course.

HTC is the one manufacture that does compete with motorola. To say that one is better than the other is crazy. People on here keep saying that the 5 inch screen is to big for them and that's fine but let's wait and see how big the phone is. My S3 that people keep saying is to big is pretty much the same size size as the Razor. The real question is for the people on here is what are you going to say when the HD is the same size or bigger than the S3. Will the people change their mind then

94lt1 said:
Do we know what the screen size is on the vanquish yet?

According to people on here it is 4.5 inches.

So slightly bigger than the maxx screen.

94lt1 said:
So slightly bigger than the maxx screen.

Who knows what it will be. Motorola needs to get their head out of their but and announce this phone. I love my S3 but I always carry two devices and switching from my S3 to my razor maxx is a big let down.

According to people on here it is 4.5 inches.
I think some of the leaks have said 4.6". I know it seems small but a 10th of an inch can make a difference:)

Yeah, 1080p on a 5" screen is really questionable. 300dpi makes things smooth but 440dpi is just rediculas. You won't notice the difference but it will cost battery and performance to have that extra-high resolution. I am also afraid that HTC will not give it a large enough battery. HTC makes great phones but many of their's have had batteries that were too small. The original Evo and Droid Inc are great examples. Terrible battery life on both - it's like they were not tested. Those two were a huge reason Android got a big black eye when it comes to battery life early on.

With the One series and the 28nm S4 chipsets with integrated LTE things have changed a little and an 1800mAH battery should be enough to easily get through a day. It still doesn't compete, in my opinion, with Moto taking things to the next level by using a 3300mAH battery. When moto releases a S4 based phone with a 3300mAH battery you'll be looking at significantly better battery life than the Maxx. That will probably be the Razr HD. I can't wait!

jgmecarter said:
HTC is the one manufacture that does compete with motorola. To say that one is better than the other is crazy. People on here keep saying that the 5 inch screen is to big for them and that's fine but let's wait and see how big the phone is. My S3 that people keep saying is to big is pretty much the same size size as the Razor. The real question is for the people on here is what are you going to say when the HD is the same size or bigger than the S3. Will the people change their mind then

Exactly, my bro just got the One X and being 4.7, his just slightly and I mean slightly taller then the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

hotice said:
I think some of the leaks have said 4.6". I know it seems small but a 10th of an inch can make a difference:)

Yeah, 1080p on a 5" screen is really questionable. 300dpi makes things smooth but 440dpi is just rediculas. You won't notice the difference but it will cost battery and performance to have that extra-high resolution. I am also afraid that HTC will not give it a large enough battery. HTC makes great phones but many of their's have had batteries that were too small. The original Evo and Droid Inc are great examples. Terrible battery life on both - it's like they were not tested. Those two were a huge reason Android got a big black eye when it comes to battery life early on.

With the One series and the 28nm S4 chipsets with integrated LTE things have changed a little and an 1800mAH battery should be enough to easily get through a day. It still doesn't compete, in my opinion, with Moto taking things to the next level by using a 3300mAH battery. When moto releases a S4 based phone with a 3300mAH battery you'll be looking at significantly better battery life than the Maxx. That will probably be the Razr HD. I can't wait!

Is far as the screen size goes tenth of a inch does make a difference. But people on here keep saying that the S3 is to big so what are they going to say when the HD comes out. As far as the battery goes this is the only area Motorola leads everybody else in. the problem is that they have only done it in one phone. And no matter what anyone else says all this stuff we are talking about with the HD is just rumors and Motorola has not done much with their phones in the last year to make me think that they are going to do anything with this phone that is going to be a game changer. If the rumors are true on this phone by time it comes out it will already be a phone that is surpassed by HTC and Samsung

Back