Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

My S3 takes great pictures so as long as it is in the same ball park as the S3 I will buy one

It will NOT be 12 or 13. It does take REALLY good photos though. They are very pretty. The video is also very good and clear too.
Does it finally have a back-side illuminated cmos sensor?

Also, how much memory (RAM, not storage) does it have? I'm really hoping for 2GB of RAM. This is much more important to me than having 32GB of storage. I think 16GB of storage is fine since I figure I can count on Moto to give it a MicroSD (hopefully XC) slot.

Thank you!

BSI, I believe so. If you mean it brightens the image in low light without using the flash, then yes and does a rather good job. I'll have to get back to you on the RAM and XC slot.

BSI, I believe so. If you mean it brightens the image in low light without using the flash, then yes and does a rather good job. I'll have to get back to you on the RAM and XC slot.

TheHiddenDragon, .. the form factor
can you confirm wither the back is fully kevlar (even around the camera and sound grill) and does it have a "hump" like RAZR (or all the back is straight, without hump, and its not slanted like the MAXX) ??

Correct, from what I understand, Back Side Illumination brightens the sensor from behind just enough to excite the sensor pixels so the additional light coming in from the front is detected rather than interpreted as noise like is typical of low light photography with digital sensors. Since the additional light will have some color information, even though the BSI is white light, the camera knows both the wavelength and intensity of the BSI, so it can filter it out in the image and yet use the relative intensity as a basis for the color's own brightness. The result is the photo looks normal but brighter even though taken in low light. Quite amazing what digital technology does with light. It takes the light, turns it into numbers, then performs math on it and obtains results that are desired, then converts it back to the desired light and color representation for the photo, something that traditional film photography could never do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back is fully kevlar except for a small spot around the camera.
The 'hump' is extremely small. Barely noticeable.

I'll take a pic of the same spot in normal light and then in low light and see how it handles the low light. Battery is dead and charging right now though. Will check and post the pics I took with it tomorrow.

Last edited:
You say the battery life is good. Can it get through a full day of hard use? How is "motoblur" on it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If it is basically a razr maxx with a larger screen and more efficient processors it should go hard for a day to a day and a half at least.

Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using Tapatalk 2

If it is basically a razr maxx with a larger screen and more efficient processors it should go hard for a day to a day and a half at least.

Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using Tapatalk 2

How much more efficient is the s4 compared to the maxx's are there benchmarks somewhere?

If the RAZR HD is better then the Atrix HD all around then hopefully we see slightly higher scores that will be on par with SIII and One X. Here's what the Atrix did.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorola-ATRIX-HD-benchmark-tests_id32208#1-<span>Quadrant</span>

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

I have no problem with the hump.

If it is a 3300mAH battery it will have great battery life. The Maxx uses an OMAP processor made with a 45nm die process. The Snapdragon S4 in the Maxx is made with a 28nm die process. The battery in the Razr hd should make it last 50% longer than the Galaxy S3 does and from what I'm hearing from a few friends who have the GS3 and 4G coverage they're getting great battery life - 50% battery left after a day of normal usage!

I'm really expecting MicroSDXC and MicroHDMI. I sure hope it has those. I don't really care if it has 16GB of storage built-in as opposed to 32GB.

My biggest question now is, does it have 2GB of RAM? I really hope Moto did this right! If so, I'll have no problem with the Adreno 225. If not, I'll probably wait for something with an Adreno 320.

Oh yeah, I love the Kevlar and am extremely glad they didn't make the decision of using some metal that interferes with wireless signals.

Last edited:
Where is this phone already!?

They wouldn't be waiting for the iphone 5 would they?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No more likely waiting for fall line up. Its a droid line and more likely gonna have some type of NFL promotion so they can push their NFL mobile app and have air spots for device during games. I expecting this to be a big release.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back