Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

The only apparent negative, but a big one for me is the fixed navigation bar taking up display space. Also used the Gnex enough to notice too easy pressing the buttons when playing games.

94lt1 said:
I think he meant the HD

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

I know he was talking about the HD. What he said is that the 2 main reasons people want the HD is for the maxx battery and the Motorola radio's. If that's the case then people do not need to get the HD just get the maxx

rushmore said:
The only apparent negative, but a big one for me is the fixed navigation bar taking up display space. Also used the Gnex enough to notice too easy pressing the buttons when playing games.

I agree I also do not like on screen buttons they take up to much of the screen as well

There's going to be a difference between the maxx and the vanquish/HD... I mean in the UI and other areas... not just the screen. I can almost promise you that. That's yet another in the realm of possibilities... but we'll see when its dropped.

Apex launcher fixes that

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

94lt1 said:
There's going to be a difference between the maxx and the vanquish/HD... I mean in the UI and other areas... not just the screen. I can almost promise you that. That's yet another in the realm of possibilities... but we'll see when its dropped.

I hope so but I also think people want more out if this phone than a big battery and Motorola radio's. That's all I was saying to the other guy.

I am with you on having a phone that is thicker. My razor maxx nexus and S3 is to thin. But with the case they fit well in my hand. The thing that bothers me when it comes to this thread is people act like every Motorola devise has better specs than the S3 but yet they are waiting for a phone that is rumored to have specs that is close to the S3. If people don't care to have a HD screen or a 4.8 inch screen that's great that's the joy of having android we get to chose what type of phone that we want.

I'm waiting for a slightly smaller screen and car dock mostly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mgrande said:

I like bigger screens. I hope that Verizon gets the galaxy note 2. What do you think is the perfect size screen?

Not me I just want a big battery, Motorola radios, and the s4 chip :D ) I have my nexus for every thing else. But that is just me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I like bigger screens. I hope that Verizon gets the galaxy note 2. What do you think is the perfect size screen?
Well it's subjective a little. I want slightly smaller screen because the s3 is just a hair big for me. I think the nexus and one x are about as big as I would want, so 4.6ish.

Not me I just want a big battery, Motorola radios, and the s4 chip :D ) I have my nexus for every thing else. But that is just me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Well me too, I just figured it was a given. To be honest I would throw my money at a Verizon one x with a maxx battery.

jgmecarter said:
I agree I also do not like on screen buttons they take up to much of the screen as well

Yeah but after seeing what u can do with the Nexus through Roms is awesome. U can completely hide the buttons while ur playing a game and have the whole screen to view or u can shrink them down a lot more.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

I am not trying to bash Motorola I have always liked Motorola but people on this thread are funny they keep saying that HD screen does not matter and that the screen on their razor is just as good and in some ways they act like their screen is better.
I don't think I said the razr has a better screen than the S3. Higher resolution is better than lower resolution because it improves sharpness and allows you to read more, though smaller, text on the display. The S3 also has the advantage of having less space between pixels from what I hear. But there is a point at which it's of no value...once you can't read the smallest text the display can produce it's questionable if there is any real value to it. The S3 has a large screen at 4.8". It makes a lot more sense having a 720p display on there than it does on a 4.3" display like the Rezound. Half an inch makes a huge difference on a phone display. The downside to a 720p display compared to a lower resolution display is a it will take more power and a faster GPU for the same performance. The Snapdragon S4 can definitely handle a 720p display.

I'm waiting for the Razr HD because I do prefer Moto phones to Samsung. I want the MicroHDMI port and the materials of the razr. I also want the 28nm die size of the S4 processor, which the GS3 obviously has, combined with the 3300mAH battery of the Maxx. If I can get two full days of use out of my phone I'll charge it half as much and the battery will last roughly twice as long. I also want the better radio design Moto is likely to have in their phone. A friend switched from a Gnexus to a RazrMaxx because of problems he was having with the Gnexus. Besides being happy to have a phone that just worked better and didn't reboot all the time he was happy to notice significantly better signal strength.

The GS3 is a great phone! I hope Moto does the right thing, like Samsung did, and gives the Razr HD 2GB of RAM. I'm a little scared they will not. In that case, I may actually go with the GS3.

As a side note, I'm not saying the battery life on the GS3 is bad either. Actually, I think it's excellent based on from what I've heard from friends who have the phone. They're extremely happy with the phone overall and loving the battery life. They can get through and entire day and still have 50% of the battery left. I'm looking forward to a smart phone for once with battery life that's 50% better than excellent:) It should have better battery life than the Maxx because the Maxx OMAP has a 45nm die size and it doesn't have the integrated LTE chipset found with the Qualcomm S4 which saves power as well.

Yeah, I tripled checked cause I was shocked at how unimpressive the screen was. There was a video review that showed the one x next to the s3 and it was really obvious there too.
It should be pretty hard to argue that the S3 has a better display than the One X. The screen on the One X is awesome, non-pentile, Super LCD 2. OLED is fine but they eat batteries (unless you stick with black and dark everything). Using a pentile display for both the Razr and the GS3 should have helped battery life. The OLED display's will have a much better contrast ratio than the SLCD2 but compare the two and you'll probably say, "who cares?".

I would say that the whole high definition thing is unnecessary. The screen on my x is just fine, I don't zoom in all the way on pictures or text just to stare at how sharp the are.
Compare your display to a qHD or an HD one. Open a web page like CNN, NBCNews, or something like that and make sure you're displaying the full desktop browser version. You'll notice you can see and read a lot more text on the screen at a time.

There is a point where it really doesn't matter. If you conider that the dpi of your home TV is probably only something like 40-60dpi then you'll understand how crazy it is for someone to suggest you need 300+ dpi. Apple came up with the "retina" display because they were far behind everyone else, had to do something, and didn't want to take a performance or ui hit. So they kept the aspect ratio the same and doubled (simple calculation to keep gpu performance fast) but allow for apps to use high res. The magical Apple marketing machine came up with somewhat meaningless term "retina display". It didn't matter that it was a totally nonstandard resolution that nobody support and it was a dpi that was really two high to be completely utilized but it helped them sell, not as much because that resolution was needed but the previous iphones had such poor dpi that some improvement was really needed. <end rant>

Actually I think the 2 big things people are choosing the razr for is the rumored razr maxx like battery and motorolas radios.
Yes, and yes for me...plus the MicroHDMI. It's just so convienent for me since I have three other devices that use MicroHDMI. It will be even better with the RazrHD, well, like the Razr and RazrMaxx now since they use the tablet interface on a TV!!! It will be a huge upgrade from the limited, yet still useful, hdmi functionality on my Dx.

Back