Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

If this phone gets released later it will be a sort of bridge phone. Why not wait and get the phones right around the corner with the 320?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

They may be slow but are still beating other oems. Razr was the first to see ics while the rezound is still waiting. Motorola is smart to wait and here is why. When ics first released in December it had some bugs. Google did not get them fully ironed out until 4.03 and 4.04. That is the build Motorola build off of. If Motorola was to build on a buggy build they would be chasing their tail trying to determine if the bugs are from Motorola software or Google.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'm talking more about hardware than software.

Tap'd from my Maxx

so the waiting game continues ...

as much as i love leaks, i hate them lol

As I said before Moto has a bad habit of waiting too long to release devices. What should be an awesome device just becomes old hat real quick. Even with the rumored specs I don't think this brings enough to the table right to compete with the SIII or the rumored HTC device. Nothing about it would make me want it over my Maxx. They need to just scrap this and go back to the drawing board and give us another "god" device that will compete and even overpower the competition.
I think as long as it has 2GB of RAM it will easily compete. I want a microHDMI port which the GSIII doesn't offer. I also think the Razr HD will have better built quality and radio's than the SIII from what I've seen with other devices, even the Galaxy Nexus. The SIII is great but I just prefer Moto smartphones over what I've seen from Samsung. I like the idea's of the video popup and "smart stay" but I think "smart actions" sounds just as useful. Mainly, the way I see it the GSIII can't compete with a 3300mAH battery.

pc747 said:
They may be slow but are still beating other oems. Razr was the first to see ics while the rezound is still waiting. Motorola is smart to wait and here is why. When ics first released in December it had some bugs. Google did not get them fully ironed out until 4.03 and 4.04. That is the build Motorola build off of. If Motorola was to build on a buggy build they would be chasing their tail trying to determine if the bugs are from Motorola software or Google.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

This is what I have been trying to tell people. But as soon as I say it Motorola fans jump all over me. I like Motorola but they seem to be 3 to 6 months behind when it comes to specs. They just now got a phone that has a HD screen and they act like we should be impressed with it. They need to do something that will impress their customers again.

If this phone gets released later it will be a sort of bridge phone. Why not wait and get the phones right around the corner with the 320?
I thought about that but really, the performance of the Adreno 225 is excellent and the S4 processor in general, due to the Cortex A15-like architecture, is just fast overall. Yeah, it sounds like the Adreno 320 will be up to four times faster but I'm guessing it will mostly be on 1080p phones like the new HTC on the way and they will need a faster GPU to get the same performance. Also, I'm thinking the 225 may use less power and more battery life (even with a 3300mAH battery) is always better. I've seen the performance of the S4 processor on the GSIII and if it's anywhere close to that on the Razr HD I think I'll be very happy! Also, it could be mostly in quad-core processors and again, for a phone right now I just don't see the quad-core as a benefit. I think it will hurt battery over the dual-core at least a little without a significant increase in performance for nearly all applications.

This is what I have been trying to tell people. But as soon as I say it Motorola fans jump all over me. I like Motorola but they seem to be 3 to 6 months behind when it comes to specs. They just now got a phone that has a HD screen and they act like we should be impressed with it. They need to do something that will impress their customers again.
That depends what you're looking for. Lots of people have been wanting better battery life on their smartphones for years. Motorola, with the Razr Maxx, was the first the really answer that cry well. Battery life may be even better when the HD comes out with the 28nm die size and the integrated LTE chipset. Moto has also started putting a nano coating over the electronics of their phones to protect them from water. I don't think anyone else has done this with non-industrial phones. Also, the value of 720p over qHD on a phone display is very questionable. Most of the time you probably wouldn't notice the difference but you will pay for it with battery life and performance at least to some degree.
I'm glad that Moto is moving to 720p display and an S4 processor but I'm not really sure that I agree with you when you make it sounds like they're so far behind everyone else. In some ways, I think they're far ahead already.

hotice said:
That depends what you're looking for. Lots of people have been wanting better battery life on their smartphones for years. Motorola, with the Razr Maxx, was the first the really answer that cry well. Battery life may be even better when the HD comes out with the 28nm die size and the integrated LTE chipset. Moto has also started putting a nano coating over the electronics of their phones to protect them from water. I don't think anyone else has done this with non-industrial phones. Also, the value of 720p over qHD on a phone display is very questionable. Most of the time you probably wouldn't notice the difference but you will pay for it with battery life and performance at least to some degree.
I'm glad that Moto is moving to 720p display and an S4 processor but I'm not really sure that I agree with you when you make it sounds like they're so far behind everyone else. In some ways, I think they're far ahead already.

OK you keep telling yourself that your Motorola phone is as good as my S3 because you can drop a few more drops of water on it than what I can on my S3. As far as the battery goes that is the only thing that Motorola has done that is good for a cell phone in the last year. The screen from my maxx is not even close to my nexus or my S3. If Motorola was not behind the other manufactures then why are all the Motorola fan boys still hoping for specs to be close to what is on Samsung phones and HTC phones. Think what you want but the fact still remands Motorola is behind when it comes to specs. And until they do catch up I will always hear that my phone can handle water better than yours. Or HD screens does not matter because it does not make that big of a difference. Or your phone is to big.

My galaxy nexus running jellybean was as smooth and in some instances opening apps as fast if not faster then my gs3. So really the big thing is that it will get jb and jb does more performance wise. So the specs are more than enough for every day performance especially when it gets jb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pc747 said:
My galaxy nexus running jellybean was as smooth and in some instances opening apps as fast if not faster then my gs3. So really the big thing is that it will get jb and jb does more performance wise. So the specs are more than enough for every day performance especially when it gets jb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you would please run a benchmark test and most the results

OK you keep telling yourself that your Motorola phone is as good as my S3 because you can drop a few more drops of water on it than what I can on my S3. As far as the battery goes that is the only thing that Motorola has done that is good for a cell phone in the last year. The screen from my maxx is not even close to my nexus or my S3. If Motorola was not behind the other manufactures then why are all the Motorola fan boys still hoping for specs to be close to what is on Samsung phones and HTC phones. Think what you want but the fact still remands Motorola is behind when it comes to specs. And until they do catch up I will always hear that my phone can handle water better than yours. Or HD screens does not matter because it does not make that big of a difference. Or your phone is to big.

When I played with the s3's and the maxx I thought the maxx had the better screen by far. The s3 didn't seem as bright and vibrant.

mgrande said:
When I played with the s3's and the maxx I thought the maxx had the better screen by far. The s3 didn't seem as bright and vibrant.

To me its not even close the S3 wins hands down. Was the brightness on the S3 turned down

Many beliefs of the obvious differences, when it comes down to it, its preference.

If i want battery, 4.3 inch screen, better reception, ill buy a maxx.

If i want a better/bigger screen, better hardware, and avg reception (which honestly doesn't matter to a majority of consumers) ill take the gs3.

Sadly i can no longer consider adding a line, as i refuse to pay Verizon 2xs as much when every freaking phone company works in akron/Cleveland/Youngstown ohio. I am considering a gs3 on contract free though. ;-)

Googorola MAXX

I had both, S3 and Maxx. The phone reception is the same, and data reception is slightly better on the S3.

That's not true in all cases. I checked out an s3 earlier today, the salesman had one in addition to the display model, they were both showing 3 bars of 4g.. in a very hot 4g area... I had 5bars of 4g.. who knows though.

Best is a subjective term that changes according to that persons own likes/dislikes and personal beliefs. That's all there is to it.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Back