Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

Let's all hope :)

I do like how it has a flat back and camera hump.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Good thing its flat or else apple might sue with the iSue everybody app.. cause of the wedge design. Smdh

Im hoping moto get it right. But I have been down disappointment road enough with them that I know where every stop sign and stop light is at.

disappointment-concept.jpg

Yeah I agree.. if it gets too much worse I might even look for the off ramp... which is sad.. cause I've only owned moto devices.

Why is everybody disappointed with this phone? Motorola has not put out a phone that sets the bar for specs in a long time. Why did anyone think that was going to change now? If the phone is that much of a disappointment then it is not Motorola fault. It is all the motofan boys out there that keep starting rumors and keep acting like Motorola is a company that sets the bar for other phone manufacturers. The fact of the matter is Motorola has put a great battery in one phone and that is it. Outside of that they just keep making the same phone over and over and over and over again. Sorry people but Motorola has become a company that has fallen behind and is happy with just trying to compete.

I have to disagree with that assessment. The Droid RAZR and even more-so the Droid RAZR MAXX have both set new bars for other manufacturers to attempt to aspire to. You mention the MAXX's battery as if it's some small and insignificant thing. The fact is it's still leading the pack by a wide margin.

Perhaps you missed this earlier post from me on another thread... Here's a copy for you so you don't have to search.

1,750mAh for the Droid RAZR, 3,300mAh for the MAXX, so not quite double. But your analogy is quite poignant.

By comparison (Tablets);
  • The Apple iPad 2 is ...................................7,200mAh,
  • The Asus Transformer Infinity (TF-700) is .....6,547mAh,
  • The Apple iPad is ......................................5,400mAh,
  • The Kindle Fire is ......................................4,400mAh,
  • The Samsung Nexus 7 is ............................4,326mAh,
  • The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is .....................4,000mAh,
  • The Barnes & Noble Nook Color is ................4,000mAh,
  • The Asus Eee Pad (Transformer Prime), is .....3,380mAh,
  • The Motorola XOOM is ...............................3,250mAh,
  • The Kindle (1st Gen) is ..............................1,530mAh,
By comparison (Phones);
  • The Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX is ................3,300mAh (look at that, higher than the XOOM!),
  • The Samsung Galaxy Note is .......................2,500mAh,
  • The Samsung Galaxy S3 is ..........................2,100mAh,
  • The Nokia Lumnia 900 is .............................1,830mAh,
  • The HTC One X (One S), is .........................1,800mAh,
  • The HTC Titan II is ....................................1,750mAh,
  • The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is ......................1,750mAh,
  • The Samsung Infuse is ...............................1,750mAh,
  • The Motorola Droid RAZR is .........................1,750mAh
  • The Motorola Bionic is ................................1,735mAh,
  • The HTC Thunderbolt 4G is .............................1,700mAh,
  • The Samsung Focus S is .............................1,650mAh,
  • The HTC Titan is .......................................1,600mAh,
  • The HTC Radar (my Touch, Sensation), 4G is ..1,520mAh,
  • The HTC Evo 4G is .....................................1,500mAh,
  • The LG (T-Mobile) G2X is ............................1,500mAh,
  • The Motorola Atrix is ..................................1,500mAh,
  • The iPhone 4 & 4S is ..................................1,420mAh,
  • The HTC TyTN II is ....................................1,350mAh,
  • The iPhone 3G is .......................................1,150mAh,

Beyond the battery is the extremely durable construction, unique and innovative use of case materials (Kevlar), the tremendously thin profile (nothing comes close to the RAZR yet), and more. The MotoBlur which used to be overbearing has been toned down and refined to a very smooth and powerful integrated experience. Motocast is a great feature that I use daily and never have to worry about files getting lost as a result. My phone can print right to my office $5,000 Canon multifunction copier/scanner/fax wirelessly, as well as to my Xerox 8200N at home wirelessly. My Bluetooth ALWAYS works perfectly. My phone HOLDS a signal and NEVER drops calls. I stream data at 1mbps while driving and listening to FLAC lossless compressed audio WHILE using Navigation. My car dock only needs the USB connection to send music to the car stereo while the phone is charging.

I could go on, but I won't. I am not a Motorola "fanboy" as you call it, but I will tell you one thing...if it weren't for Motorola and their military radio technology (which is the precursor to our phones), we might have lost a war or two in the past, and might be speaking another language by now. And finally, let's not forget who INVENTED the Portable Cellular Phone...Motorola.

I never said that the maxx battery was not a big thing I said that it is the only thing that they have done. And what's your point by telling me all the things that you can do on your phone? Are you saying that other smartphone are unable to do those things as well? And as far as hardware specs go which is what I was talking about you tell me when Motorola has beaten out other phone manufacturers. And also please tell me the difference between the last 4 Motorola phones on Verizon. To me they are all the same phones with different body's on them. And we are not talking about the military we are talking about smart phones.

jgmecarter said:
I never said that the maxx battery was not a big thing I said that it is the only thing that they have done. And what's your point by telling me all the things that you can do on your phone? Are you saying that other smartphone are unable to do those things as well? And as far as hardware specs go which is what I was talking about you tell me when Motorola has beaten out other phone manufacturers. And also please tell me the difference between the last 4 Motorola phones on Verizon. To me they are all the same phones with different body's on them. And we are not talking about the military we are talking about smart phones.

RAZR MAXX: Large battery, Smart Actions, relatively thin. ICS
RAZR: Thin, 1.2 GHZ processor, Smart Actions, ICS
BIONIC: Removable battery, GB, 1 GHZ processor,
DROID 4: Qwerty keyboard, 1.2 GHZ processor, GB

zomnomnombie said:
RAZR MAXX: Large battery, Smart Actions, relatively thin. ICS
RAZR: Thin, 1.2 GHZ processor, Smart Actions, ICS
BIONIC: Removable battery, GB, 1 GHZ processor,
DROID 4: Qwerty keyboard, 1.2 GHZ processor, GB

Am I the only one that thinks that Motorola has not changed much on their phones in the last year in a half? I have always had a Motorola phone but lately every time I bought a Motorola phone it did not take me long to realize that every thing on it was the same as my last phone. At least Samsung with their plastic phones tries new things.

jgmecarter said:
Am I the only one that thinks that Motorola has not changed much on their phones in the last year in a half? I have always had a Motorola phone but lately every time I bought a Motorola phone it did not take me long to realize that every thing on it was the same as my last phone. At least Samsung with their plastic phones tries new things.

Motorola has always been the slowest to adopt newer technology but their phones have been largely stable. Specwise they are never going to be on par but the stability and build quality is phenomenal. The RAZR was by far the most stable GB phone. ICS is a little more difficult to call considering ICS in general is stable.

Motorola is definitely the tortoise. Not saying they're going to win or that there is any "winning" but they definitely play the long game.

I'll get you all some better images. The XT926 does have a strong front screen as i purposely smashed the **** out of it face down on a table and not a scratch. It looks somewhat similar to the device in the xda pics, but not exactly.

I'll get you all some better images. The XT926 does have a strong front screen as i purposely smashed the **** out of it face down on a table and not a scratch. It looks somewhat similar to the device in the xda pics, but not exactly.

does the back looks like recent XDA leaks (light gray squares) or looks like the previous leaks (dark slanted V lines shapes)?

Back