Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

jgmecarter said:
What is well said about this? the fact that he is trying to make it seem like Motorola phones are the only phones that have those options on their phones. He did not say anything that had to do with what I was talking about. But when you write a really long post with a bunch of features of a phone in it you must be correct.

Edit

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited:
liftedplane said:
I don't think its about being on the absolute cutting edge with Motorola but instead being built tough and made to last. Every Motorola phone I've has seems to be damn near invincible while my lg and Samsung seem to fall apart. Motorola keeps up with the tech and releases solid well built devices that can take a beating.

So no, they aren't absolute cutting edge holographic 80 core tickle your balls while you make a phone call device. But they definitely do make good devices. Not to mention the battery in the RAZR maxx

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

They do have solid phones and I have liked Motorola for a long time I am just tired of seeing the same phone with a different frame around it time and time again. Motorola use to lead the way in almost every department when it came to android smart phones.

jgmecarter said:
They do have solid phones and I have liked Motorola for a long time I am just tired of seeing the same phone with a different frame around it time and time again. Motorola use to lead the way in almost every department when it came to android smart phones.

U know my bad, maybe I totally misunderstood you so sorry. They have always been cutting edge but since this year I can't say they have, they have just released solid phones. If there is a Moto Nexus watch out tho.

INCREMENTAL said:
U know my bad, maybe I totally misunderstood you so sorry. They have always been cutting edge but since this year I can't say they have, they have just released solid phones. If there is a Moto Nexus watch out tho.

I hope they do come out with a moto nexus. That would replace my S3 in a heart beat.

God I hope for a motor nexus. I love how solid my bionic feels. To have the unlocked boot loader would give me a phone bonner

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2

God I hope for a motor nexus. I love how solid my bionic feels. To have the unlocked boot loader would give me a phone bonner

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2

I'd say the Bionic is the best feeling phone when held naked. Not slippery or really wide etc. And what's a bonner?! ;)

an unlocked Moto Nexus?

oh, now that's a solid dream.

an unlocked Moto Nexus?

oh, now that's a solid dream.

Sort of redundant. The nexus is unlockable period. Google will not allow a nexus to be locked down.

pc747 said:
Sort of redundant. The nexus is unlockable period. Google will not allow a nexus to be locked down.

This.

Now whether a Motorola Nexus will happen is up for debate.

Google may own Motorola but they are independently run and certainly will not want to upset Verizon. Verizon is the true locked bootloader crusader out there.

zomnomnombie said:
This.

Now whether a Motorola Nexus will happen is up for debate.

Google may own Motorola but they are independently run and certainly will not want to upset Verizon. Verizon is the true locked bootloader crusader out there.

Um Motos ain't locked because of Verizon, everyone of their phones is locked regardless of carrier. Now since they said in their blog that there is a policy change u can bet VZW ain't gonna be able to step in to much cause Moto is threatened to be sued because of it. Also motos are becoming more stock which seems to be Google's doing and the CEO of Moto stepped down and now its some guy that works for Google so don't thank Google ain't stepping in cause they most certainly are.

Unlocked boot loaders, almost stock android, Google guy is now CEO, sounds like Google is having their say. Gotta remember 2 Nexus phones are releasing this year.

Last edited:
They may have an unlock tool. But remember motorola is looking to be the premier business phone taking the place of blackberry. So the people they are aiming to please could care less about an unlock bootloader. Those that care have the nexus line. Motorola will make a nexus device. If its a phone it will have a removable battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pc747 said:
They may have an unlock tool. But remember motorola is looking to be the premier business phone taking the place of blackberry. So the people they are aiming to please could care less about an unlock bootloader. Those that care have the nexus line. Motorola will make a nexus device. If its a phone it will have a removable battery.

OK lol, so what are u saying lol

Sorry let me clarify the motorola droid line for vzw is meant to be a phone for business and average users. The google nexus side of the company is fully open for development. If motorola makes a nexus it won't be a droid line product. In other words i expect motorola phones on vzw to remain locked unless it's a nexus. If motorola signed an agreement with vzw then they would be obligated to keep it locked down. Given the samsung galaxy nexus on vzw is unlocked and the gs3 isnt. Im betting motorola phones will remain locked except for the motorola nexus.

The HD has a 4.7 inch display it looks like... I may be wrong.. cool, but flex may be an issue.

Just saw on engadget that is supposedly has a 4.5 inch display and 8 MP camera not 13 as was hoped for. Don't think it is a upgrade from the SG3 but time will tell. I gave up on the SG3 until I was able to upgrade the radio. Now it is just what I was looking for.

Um Motos ain't locked because of Verizon, everyone of their phones is locked regardless of carrier. Now since they said in their blog that there is a policy change u can bet VZW ain't gonna be able to step in to much cause Moto is threatened to be sued because of it. Also motos are becoming more stock which seems to be Google's doing and the CEO of Moto stepped down and now its some guy that works for Google so don't thank Google ain't stepping in cause they most certainly are.

Unlocked boot loaders, almost stock android, Google guy is now CEO, sounds like Google is having their say. Gotta remember 2 Nexus phones are releasing this year.

It's definitely a VZ thing. Verizon is the only network to receive a locked Galaxy S3, and Motorola is about to release the Photon to Sprint with an unlocked bootloader.

Back