Dropped data connection?

I found another issue. When I walk away from my WIFI or I turn wifi off, my 3g connection won't re establish. I have been able to repeat this over and over again. The only fix is a reboot.

This is a deal breaker for me. I can't have a phone that struggles with a simple wifi to 3g transition. I might be returning my Razr this weekend.

I found another issue. When I walk away from my WIFI or I turn wifi off, my 3g connection won't re establish. I have been able to repeat this over and over again. The only fix is a reboot.

This is a deal breaker for me. I can't have a phone that struggles with a simple wifi to 3g transition. I might be returning my Razr this weekend.

Just got off the phone with MOTO. They are asking anyone with this issue to call into their tech support explain the issue. They just had me install a free app from market called aLogcat, this app logs all connections. So leaving it in the mode that reproduces all these issues and let the log record everything. When you have the end of the day hit menu and save the log. WARNING this drains battery recording. So make sure you have a charge source near by. But if you return it. Your loss.

Just got off the phone with MOTO. They are asking anyone with this issue to call into their tech support explain the issue. They just had me install a free app from market called aLogcat, this app logs all connections. So leaving it in the mode that reproduces all these issues and let the log record everything. When you have the end of the day hit menu and save the log. WARNING this drains battery recording. So make sure you have a charge source near by. But if you return it. Your loss.

Well my phone now won't reestablish data AT ALL. I have rebooted 3 times without any success. I'm sorry but I can't deal with data connection issues. I pay too damn much money to have to put up with that ****.

Well take it up to Verizon and get it swapped out then. Let them see this issue. Wish I could be there to see what all the settings were at.

Well take it up to Verizon and get it swapped out then. Let them see this issue. Wish I could be there to see what all the settings were at.

I was using ADW Launcher. So I uninstalled ADW to see if that was the problem (it hasn't been since I installed it on Sunday), no help. I was on 3g only so I switched to LTE/3G and restarted. No help.

I was on wifi before and walked out of range of the network. Tried to use my phone and notice wifi was down, but 3g wasn't connecting either. This happened at like 930 am.

I am going to systematically uninstall my apps and see if that helps.

ADW has been one of the incompatible apps noted already.

3g randomly started working again. However, i can kill it by switching wifi on/off. I have to use the airplane mode on/off widget to re establish my connection.

Damn that is weird. I made the mistake of putting adw on my first one and it was the culprit in some problems, so when i swapped my first into second one. I didnt reinstall it.

Damn that is weird. I made the mistake of putting adw on my first one and it was the culprit in some problems, so when i swapped my first into second one. I didnt reinstall it.

Yeah, now my data connection is completely dead again. Guess I need to go swap. STAY AWAY FROM ADW RAZR OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we sure that this is a problem with ADW? The problem doesn't happen without it?

ADW does have the privilege to read/set system settings so maybe it is responsible.

Well it happened to me just now and a reboot didn't bring it back. I had been running on cdma only since I got the phone and didn't have an issue for two days. But it just dropped out all together and I turned airplane mode on and off a few times and still didn't fix it. I had to switch 4g mode on and it connected. Also I don't have any launchers I am using the stock one so that has nothing to do with it.

I am using Go Launcher and not hacking any problems. I just switched my wifi off and on 3 times at work and 3g picked up immediately each time.

I am using Go Launcher and not hacking any problems. I just switched my wifi off and on 3 times at work and 3g picked up immediately each time.
I'm using Launcher Pro + and not experiencing any problems either.

Are we sure that this is a problem with ADW? The problem doesn't happen without it?

ADW does have the privilege to read/set system settings so maybe it is responsible.

No I am not saying this is a sole problem. I have seen more than one complaining it happened right after install of this. But I know it not the only problem.

Back