Final thoughts of decision: "bionic or razr?" the end.

Ah too bad I have no upgrade :( but I will say that hypothetically speaking as if I did the Bionic and the Razr would both be on my short list.

Straight up I would say that the bionic has a gorgeous screen and I wouldn't mind the technicalities of the Pentile layout in order to get the better outdoor viewing and claimed battery life extension.

Other than that, as you said, many of the other features are arbitrary since they are fairly much the same on both phones.

The Razr is dead sexy. I was very impressed when I saw it in person and was certainly wowed by the thinness of the thing. I would get the Razr just for its looks. Especially since I'm pretty confident it would otherwise function as a smartphone should. It's cool that the back is made of kevlar but in all seriousness I wouldn't have noticed if that wasn't advertised as a feature of the phone. So the thinness is the main attraction in my opinion.

Ultimately I might prefer the Bionic over the Razr because of the better screen on the Bionic (in my, of course controversial, opinion). But I can't help but say I love the form factor that Moto has going on with that Razr.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

One thing I failed to mention as a "plus" for the RAZR is Smart Actions. At least to some it would be a plus. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Bionic ended up with Smart Actions too. Regardless, Tasker blows Smart Actions away, and can be run on either device, today. Based on what I've seen on the RAZR, Smart Actions would be much easier to setup for the average user, partly because of the interface, but mostly due to the limited (by comparison) functionality.

I finally messed with a razr. A guy at work had one and I messed with it for a few minutes. They're really similar. I do like the feel of the bionic better. The razr is wider and you can tell. Its also really light. Almost too light for my taste. I noticed I was handling it like Id hold a baby lol. Im sure its something I'd get used to though. Camera? Exactly the same one with a faster shutter. Still takes a bit to focus but a big improvement. His biggest complaint so far? No removable battery. Would I trade? Nope. I like what I have and playing with the razr made me like it more. I must admit I even had some buyers remorse when I saw the razr was coming out. Its gone now. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Us CU Buff fans here in Boulder are so proud that a Husker Fan could come to such a stellar conclusion on their own ;-) Just had to do that!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Am I the only one who just DOESN'T like the shape/feel of the Razr? I guess it looks high tech enough, but it's so damn wide/long and light. If that's what you're into then it's definitely a plus, but in the wise words of the courageous and humble Will Smith...."I feel like I'm gonna break this damn thing!"

Am I the only one who just DOESN'T like the shape/feel of the Razr? I guess it looks high tech enough, but it's so damn wide/long and light. If that's what you're into then it's definitely a plus, but in the wise words of the courageous and humble Will Smith...."I feel like I'm gonna break this damn thing!"

I played with it last weekend and it felt extremely solid. I actually noticed that before the thinness. I don't particularly like the RAZR and I don't plan on getting one but delicate is not my first impression of the phone.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Lol! Have to agree, did not like the feel either, but I have huge hands. Feel of the Bionic seems right for me, especially with the extended battery.

^^^^^^This....Razer looks better but the Bionic feels better.

Well I plan on getting the extended battery tomorrow(hope it's still half off) and this will be the deciding factor to me whether I made the right decision. If the battery is as good as the reviews I've read and I can use 4g all day w/o going dead then as far as im concerned Bionic blows razr out the water. It wouldn't even be a fair comparison after that. But I wont know till I give it a try...

UPDATE: THEY TOLD ME ITS NOT 50 PERCENT OFF ANYMORE WTF
** got it for $25

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I plan on getting the extended battery tomorrow(hope it's still half off) and this will be the deciding factor to me whether I made the right decision. If the battery is as good as the reviews I've read and I can use 4g all day w/o going dead then as far as im concerned Bionic blows razr out the water. It wouldn't even be a fair comparison after that. But I wont know till I give it a try...

UPDATE: THEY TOLD ME ITS NOT 50 PERCENT OFF ANYMORE WTF

That sucks, TBH I didn't even really NEED an extended with my moderate usage on the standard, but because it was only $25 I figured why not...definitely worth it. If you need a heavy duty battery, then I'd still recommend forking over $50 for it if you can. Might be able to find a Black Friday weekend deal on batteries or something too...

Edit: OH!! And also, when I went to get mine, I called in the store I was going to and asked and the guy told me 3 times that it wasn't still going on, but I had JUST read from people on here they had still gotten it so I prodded and probed and he was like "alright hang on, let me ask my supervisor," comes back 10 seconds later and says "yeah it's still going on." So, you know...just throwin that out there.

I was in a Verizon on friday and they still have it for 25 here. I'd keep asking!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Ok thanks you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bionic is well worth it. Rooted and running [P]URITY V2.5 IC3, i have no regret for putting my money on BIONIC and would do it again without hesitation

The battery was $25 the other day at Verizon for the bionic.

I tried out the bionic for a few days and have the razr now. I didn't like the screen in the bionic. It looked too pixely for me. Not sure if that is a word. The razr has it also, but is much more saturated so you don't notice it. It looks much better on pics.

I could have dealt with the screen, but the deciding factor was the camera. You have to be in absolutely perfect conditions to get a good pic. I took them with my dx2 and bionic, same shots one after another, the dx2 blew it away every time. The razrs camera is just as good if not better and snaps them much faster as well.

I get data drops the same way, in and out of 4g etc.... works the same IMO.

Wish I had the removable battery, but I can deal with that gaining everything else.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Back