Final thoughts of decision: "bionic or razr?" the end.

Oh and special style? Haha but yea I wish I could have talked myself into keeping the bionic.... Too bad that droid name couldn't help it since it dropped to 199.00 in 2 months. I believe the thunderbolt and the DROID charge stayed 299 for at least 6 months. Some special quality huh? Haha but truth be told I like all the phones, I had all the motos, from the one to the bionic, except the x2 that seemed pointless. Just sayin to people who fall for the "the best phones are DROID branded" slogan, that's not always the case. Usually, but not always.

sent from my HTC Vigor. ballin baby.

Oh and special style? Haha but yea I wish I could have talked myself into keeping the bionic.... Too bad that droid name couldn't help it since it dropped to 199.00 in 2 months. I believe the thunderbolt and the DROID charge stayed 299 for at least 6 months. Some special quality huh? Haha but truth be told I like all the phones, I had all the motos, from the one to the bionic, except the x2 that seemed pointless. Just sayin to people who fall for the "the best phones are DROID branded" slogan, that's not always the case. Usually, but not always.

sent from my HTC Vigor. ballin baby.

Yeah that really sucks the price dropped. I wish I had to pay more. {Rolls eyes}

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I love how he points to all the good reviews that the Rezound has, you know what? My Droid Eris had excellent reviews when it first came out too, and within 2 months I'd decided that it was the worst quality phone that I had ever used. I've never like Sense or Touchwiz and I don't like the cheap plastic feel of Samsung or HTC phones, and I go with Moto because they are the MOST solidly built android phones on the market.

Yea I would have to say the plastic cheap feel of samsung phones turns me off. The bionic is nice, dont get me wrong...its just the slightly ugly older brother no one really likes to talk to (in my opinion). I will say that the first few days I had my RAZR i found it annoying to text when using the phone with one hand. However, over the past two weeks I have grown accustomed to it and can now use it in one hand no problem (and that is with an otterbox commuter case on it as well, without the case...super easy. Unless you have small hands of course).

Ive had both and so far i like the razr best. Mainly because the display looks better to me and the sound seems better as well. I love how thin it is and my battery has been a champ.

-via tapatalk

Hey I'm not arguing build quality, when I looked on this section nobody was either. Yea moto phones as far as build goes is untouchable. But yea the reason I pointed out pricing cuz the phone came out old lol. The razr has better tech in it but for the most part thats arguable. All these phones are good damn. Oh and I had the bionic up until the 5.7.894 build and still lost mobile data, but the camera got faster. But I loved the bionic I just hated how moto handled the situation and now the d3 is bout to get the same treatment come the middle of December. That's why I left moto. If people spend 300 on a phone at least make it feel a bit important. I have no prob with different companies making android, cuz each has special qualities, but when u do the whole d3/x2/bionic/razr/d4 in a six month span from the SAME company, I feel that's a slap in the face. But if that doesn't bother you then more power to u.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Good thread. Some good points.

The Razr seems to be a sleeker/ more stylish version of the bionic. But the bionic has the removable battery/extended battery. I am sure both will get the Ice Cream sandwich update soon. .... So something that needs to considered, especially as of now.... Is the difference in price. .... Wirefly (right now) has the Bionic for $119 with 2yr extension. and the Razr is $249 with 2yr extension. The current pricing might be a game changer for some (and maybe me).

I wasn't a fan of the Razr 2 when that came out and was the thinnest phone. I am not much of a fan of having a super thin phone now. So, even though I do like the Droid Razr and think it would be a great upgrade from my Droid X. I am thinking, for my money, the bionic might be the way to go. .............. Unless I bite the bullet and wait tile the Nexus comes out and pay $299.

Bionic, Gnex, RAZR, Rezound
Decisions, decisions. They are all great phones and will likely last two years.
Pick one and call it a day. I don't understand all the consternation over a phone.
Each has their drawbacks and advantages. While I understand that makes the decision making process difficult, at the end of the day you are the only one that can judge the value of :
  • 1.2 vs 1.5 GHz
  • Dual vs. Quad Core
  • How many MHz can you get from your Graphics processor ? (Do you care ?)
  • removable battery
  • removable SD Card
  • ICS on day one
  • ICS in next quarter
  • Super Duper Amoled HD
  • Less than Super Duper Amoled HD
  • Pentile
  • Non Pentile
  • Gorilla Glass
  • Super Gorilla Glass with a different name
  • Unlocked Bootloacer
  • Amoled Plus with humpty dumpty Glass
  • Beats Audio (Whatever that is)
  • Kevlar Backing (Marketing)
  • Plastic Back (Marketing)
  • QhD display
  • Non QhD Display (Meaning HD or something else)
  • Term du jour to describe just about everything else
These are just a few factors. Every phone will lack in some way. Pick your poison and maybe we can stop the finger pointing as to why my phone is greater than yours. And vise versa.

It's just a frigging phone. Kevlar, plastic, really does it make a difference ? :biggrin:

I don't understand all the consternation over a phone.

It's just a frigging phone.

"Don't understand?" "It's just a phone?" Wow! I can't believe anyone on here would say that! LOL

It's just a phone... Don't understand... Good ones!

"Don't understand?" "It's just a phone?" Wow! I can't believe anyone on here would say that! LOL

It's just a phone... Don't understand... Good ones!

Haha

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Think on this: Motorola Droid SPARK (BIONIC 2) take the Bionic body put a super AMOLED screen on it, a 1.2ghz processer, better camera, get rid of the grey ..black it out (front and back) ship it with ICS and a extended battery and you've got a bad*** phone ..

P.S. Not actually a phone ...rumored or otherwise just my idea for a Motorola Droid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I bought my Bionic the day before the Razr came out. It came down to the battery for me. I've bought extended batteries for my last 2 phones, even my old flip Moto phone. I love having that extra time to actually USE my phone and not have to worry about it dying. Also gives the option to have or carry spare batteries if you know you're going to be using it a lot and won't be able to charge it for a long time. With built in batteries, once it's dead, the ONLY way to bring it back to life is with a nice long charge, or a short charge that gives just enough juice to die on you again after a short while. Nice write up.

I bought my bionic like a month before razr came out. Im happy to have bionic over razr in few aspects: battery (removable / extendable), screen (you cant even tell the difference), processor (a 200mGhz difference not really gonna matter, and since bionic running slightly cooler you'll save more battery and extend the life of your CPU in the long run.)
Dont get me wrong razr is a badass phone, but everything comes with a sacrafice. Looks and perfomance vs almost identical performance and battery life / battery pull.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Back