Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Novice question: I've got a rooted droid running Bugless Beast, a custome boot screen and a custome kernal for overclocking. What should I know before attempting to flash to this ROM?

You will have the base 2.2 rom when you flash. You will not be able to reload BB until they upgrade to a 2.2 rom. You can and will have to dload P3 kernals to get your wifi and 3g working after the flash and then you can overclock with them. Most find the rom stable, smoothe and extremely fast.

i gotta be honest...why is everyone gasping at the benchmarks...i dont think my phones running any faster than it was with darkedge 2.1ese83...and what pisses me off is as nice as this launcher runs...why cant they scroll screen to screen like launcher pro does? that nice smoothness...i mean its very stable no fcs and standard speed but i dont see epic performance increase or anything like that...i really hope this isnt the final build

I can't seem to get to the recovery image since I've loaded this rom up. It just boots up to the M logo and then loads the phone up. Anyone got any ideas on how I can get it to go to clockwork so I can install the ps kernel and a theme???

I can't seem to get to the recovery image since I've loaded this rom up. It just boots up to the M logo and then loads the phone up. Anyone got any ideas on how I can get it to go to clockwork so I can install the ps kernel and a theme???

did you install the update from page one that gets root back after installing the rom? There is a link and explaination there.

well I am pretty new to this root/custom roms thing. But I believe I have done things correctly. I have a rooted droid directly from a stock 2.1 device booted up and root was fine then followed the SP recovery method exactly get all the way to rebooting my phone but its now stuck in the white droid sign and the red eye over and over.... I can reboot and re-load my earlier backup of 2.1 rooted which works just fine but i was hoping maybe someone could give me some pointers of what I might be doing wrong.

p.s. do i also need to do clockwork recovery also?

Thanks

let the red eye run for a while if it doesnt load up in 10 minutes. Try going back to boot menu(battery pull, then X + power ) and restore your previous setting and try again w=of what you was doing.

I let it run for a while but still nothing i used the Kernal wifi/3g fix to root my droid should i have used the other update.zip in the original post?

Ok so I am having a problem updating/installing Google Maps. What do I have to do to get it installed?

I had the same problem.
Use SPRecovery OR go to the bottom and flash a lower version on Clockwork. (The lasest one on the list works fine)

What I'm sayin' is I can't reboot into recovery. I have the latest clockwork installed. I generally use Rom Manager to install kernels and stuff, but when I try to do so it doesn't boot into recovery. It restarts and goes to the M logo, then the phone starts up

What I'm sayin' is I can't reboot into recovery. I have the latest clockwork installed. I generally use Rom Manager to install kernels and stuff, but when I try to do so it doesn't boot into recovery. It restarts and goes to the M logo, then the phone starts up

I know...
Open Rom manager.
Install then one RIGHT BEFORE the latest one.
(The option is near the bottom)
It should work then.
I dont know why, but the newest one has problems with it.

Sorry if I wasn't clear...

Novice question: I've got a rooted droid running Bugless Beast, a custome boot screen and a custome kernal for overclocking. What should I know before attempting to flash to this ROM?

You will have the base 2.2 rom when you flash. You will not be able to reload BB until they upgrade to a 2.2 rom. You can and will have to dload P3 kernals to get your wifi and 3g working after the flash and then you can overclock with them. Most find the rom stable, smoothe and extremely fast.

Looks like I'll be flashing it soon then!

ok what i did to fix maps was uninstalled and installed form the market and it worked fine

what i did when i had no recovery was open rom manager flash sprecovery then flash clockwork then flash sprecovery and flashed back to clockwork and i had recovery again...only thing is i get a prob when i install from zip so i just load into recover to install zips...hope this helps some problems for people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back