Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put on the incredible bootanimation on my droid. pretty slick. i am running froyo 1.1ghz blackdroidmod theme with new baseband. wish i could update my sig but it wont let me

how is that rom on your battery?
Battery life is good. im glad i switched the speed is awesome and so far it is bugless. it will be cool once the source is out and everyone starts building roms off it but since this is faster then any 2.1 rom i tested it was worth the switch. im sure it will be blazing fast once the devs her get ahold of it

I had UD when I was on 2.1, dloaded it for 2.2 when he first posted the alpha and it worked great, I loaded the update last night and it went south on me..phone rebooted and took me back to the original 2.2 rom. Not sure why. I just loaded my backup of the original rom and have not switched back again.

I just put on the incredible bootanimation on my droid. pretty slick. i am running froyo 1.1ghz blackdroidmod theme with new baseband. wish i could update my sig but it wont let me

what was the process for changing the boot animation?
I tried the process I used many times in 2.1 but it didnt work
downloaded the bootanimation.zip that i wanted with my droid, then hooking the phone to the pc i use droid explorer(cuz its free) and i copied it from the sdcard to the /system/media/ directory. you will see a bootanimation in there if you want copy it out so just incase you want to revert back you can.

BUG i noticed.
People who send me SMS message to google voice , I never get a notification. I have to open up VOICE and then the notification is pushed to the phone. If I dont open the app, even with notifications enabled, I get no notification that I got a message. VERY odd.

Anyone else notice this? Also, any educated guesses on when the final 2.2 rom will be out there for us (non-beta)? Some other forums are mumbling by months end.

well I am pretty new to this root/custom roms thing. But I believe I have done things correctly. I have a rooted droid directly from a stock 2.1 device booted up and root was fine then followed the SP recovery method exactly get all the way to rebooting my phone but its now stuck in the white droid sign and the red eye over and over.... I can reboot and re-load my earlier backup of 2.1 rooted which works just fine but i was hoping maybe someone could give me some pointers of what I might be doing wrong.

p.s. do i also need to do clockwork recovery also?

Thanks

BUG i noticed.
People who send me SMS message to google voice , I never get a notification. I have to open up VOICE and then the notification is pushed to the phone. If I dont open the app, even with notifications enabled, I get no notification that I got a message. VERY odd.

Anyone else notice this? Also, any educated guesses on when the final 2.2 rom will be out there for us (non-beta)? Some other forums are mumbling by months end.

No one knows...

Threads merged

Guys if you have a question just go ahead and post it. There is no need to make a new thread for every question. Thanks in advance. :)

Cool, I've had my Droid Moto for about 2 weeks now and the more I read about multitasking - I wonder how to switch between apps (alt-Tab in Windows) - is there a similar way on the Droid?

I would be very surprised if it released by month end. Since apparently they are still building new versions. It could happen but I would be very surprised.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

well I am pretty new to this root/custom roms thing. But I believe I have done things correctly. I have a rooted droid directly from a stock 2.1 device booted up and root was fine then followed the SP recovery method exactly get all the way to rebooting my phone but its now stuck in the white droid sign and the red eye over and over.... I can reboot and re-load my earlier backup of 2.1 rooted which works just fine but i was hoping maybe someone could give me some pointers of what I might be doing wrong.

p.s. do i also need to do clockwork recovery also?

Thanks

let the red eye run for a while if it doesnt load up in 10 minutes. Try going back to boot menu(battery pull, then X + power ) and restore your previous setting and try again w=of what you was doing.

Threads merged

Guys if you have a question just go ahead and post it. There is no need to make a new thread for every question. Thanks in advance. :)

Cool, I've had my Droid Moto for about 2 weeks now and the more I read about multitasking - I wonder how to switch between apps (alt-Tab in Windows) - is there a similar way on the Droid?

Long Press on the Home Key

Miami, any word on when we will be able to monitor CPU temps? And once again, thanks to you, P3 and all the other Devs

Threads merged

hold down home key and a window will pop up

hold down home key and a window will pop up

Thanks guys! Sweet! :)

what was the process for changing the boot animation?
I tried the process I used many times in 2.1 but it didnt work
downloaded the bootanimation.zip that i wanted with my droid, then hooking the phone to the pc i use droid explorer(cuz its free) and i copied it from the sdcard to the /system/media/ directory. you will see a bootanimation in there if you want copy it out so just incase you want to revert back you can.

Hmmmm.. Droid Explorer dosent seem to want to find my phone.
Any tips on how to make it recognize it?

Novice question: I've got a rooted droid running Bugless Beast, a custome boot screen and a custome kernal for overclocking. What should I know before attempting to flash to this ROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back