Fusion ROM Beta (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible

I dnt use usb tethering at all so i wont be able to tell you or not...did you try another kernal?

I did not.

Also, I lose data connection after a few minutes of tethering via Mobile Hotspot- this is with any ROM I have tried (over 5) and stock. Tethering via USB in the past has worked just fine with respect to the data connection. I think it may be Verizon, but then why would tethering work fine via USB if the network is messed up? Hate to change the subject, but any ideas?

Are you using windows. USB tethering is working but its working on Linux...I have no way to test windows..lol

Anyhow...you guys might need to (and I almost recommend it) need to wipe....there are SO many changes behind the scenes that went into this update that if there are any issues that you have. You might try it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I did not.

Also, I lose data connection after a few minutes of tethering via Mobile Hotspot- this is with any ROM I have tried (over 5) and stock. Tethering via USB in the past has worked just fine with respect to the data connection. I think it may be Verizon, but then why would tethering work fine via USB if the network is messed up? Hate to change the subject, but any ideas?

I used wifi tether through the settings app and I downloaded a 400 MB file to test the connection and it worked fine so may be the app.

I did not.

I used wifi tether through the settings app and I downloaded a 400 MB file to test the connection and it worked fine so may be the app.

It might be Verizon, that's all I can come up with after all these months of experimenting and trying to figure out the problem... I can't say I've been outside the city with my phone, so I can't discredit the network... But as I said, USB tethering via stock VZAccess Manager worked fine.

Are you using windows. USB tethering is working but its working on Linux...I have no way to test windows..lol

Anyhow...you guys might need to (and I almost recommend it) need to wipe....there are SO many changes behind the scenes that went into this update that if there are any issues that you have. You might try it.

Yeah Windows 7 32-bit...

Major props on #15 bro its running like a lamborghini! its extremely fast and smooth im using the jdkernel with it...THANK U again!

Alright well for some odd reason after months of troubleshoooooooooting, I think I fixed it. The difference between USB tethering (works) and Wi_Fi tethering (doesn't work) is WIFI!!!!!!!!!!! DUUUUHHHHH!

So I navigated on over to Wi-Fi settings, disabled the Wi-Fi sleep thing, as suggested by someone on a website that I have to track down again after Internet Explorer froze. God, if this works, well great, but all that work, turned out the answer was right there... haha I'm sorry this is just like a big relief, assuming this fix works, and so far- it is. Holding 3G longer than usual.

Anyway...... don't hit me, but what are kernels? And why would I choose to run one over the other?

As for wiping, what do you use to backup Apps and such?

MMmm, maybe some other people can give you an idea. I think most people use Titanium Backup. Since I flash my phone about 5 or so times a day I don't really keep any apps on my phone..lol

Yeah I know that... I've been going back and forth from Fusion to that Desire HD with Sense 2.0 ROM to stock..... Mostly trying to figure out that 3G Mobile Hotspot problem.... but since that's taken care of, I'm seeing Fusion as my permanent ROM, may go between that and the Desire HD one (boots up in like 2 seconds!) for HTC Sync/Sense.

Is Titanium free? Hah it's come preinstalled on many ROMs I've used, always wondered about it haha

Since this is out I am going to start work on the Fire overlay (should look good with the phone's color scheme) and work on some kernel stuff. I'm still not getting quite the battery life results I think is possible so the kernels are going to break into two until I can get a better balance that doesn't compromise too much one way or another. It seems stable enough that I am happy with though.

Then I will work a few more features into the ROM as well. There will either be one more beta or next release will be 1.0 we will see when we get there. Hope you guys enjoy the work I put into this, let me know if I can do anything to help.

Just make sure "fire" isn't orange, obviously wouldn't go with the phone's hotrod (or whatever you call it) red.

And before I wipe my phone, can anyone out there with Windows confirm that USB tethering does not work? This was the main thing I was looking forward to with this release! And unfortunately I can't be so cool as to run Ubuntu....

Perhaps I am missing a driver?.. I actually am according to device manager.

Hmm, so when I plug my phone in as usb and try to select USB Storage (To add the new files) the computer doesn't recognize the phone storage. The phone also keeps kicking out of USB mode and switching to "USB Connected". Hmmmm?

**Edit** When I plug my phone in it says "Found new hardware", I believe before on SkyRaider it still allowed me to bring up the storage drives. It seems that Gingerbread won't let me. What needs to be done on my end?

Last edited:
Back