Getting Custom Kernels Running on the Droid X

Bootloader 80.something. all I know right now. More info as I get it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

My bad, phone didn't tell me I had a pm. One sec good sir, setting the lappy up with Firefox

The China model has a bootloader version of 80.50

Judging by this page, which takes you to this page if you click on Froyo download, it appears those trying to hack the ME811 are using 2.1 and 2.3.15-based ROMs. I hope that I'm horribly confused by the Chinese-to-English translations or that they have no clue what they're doing. But just thought I'd throw this out there. I read quite a few other translated threads and they are quite difficult to follow and understand what's really going on, and even if they have any idea what they're doing.

Yeah prolly that one

New kexec release going up on Valentine's day. This version is really unstable and requires patching on the kernel you want to run. The next release will be including init to make it a full package. After that it will be only maintenance for me and helping make drivers work. We really need driver devs btw.

I know we haven't released v0.2 yet, but what do you think a reasonable time table will be for the stable release?

Hopefully sooner then.

The biggest roadblock right now is drivers and init.

Is there a way wwe could help get the drivers done? Coding, hacking, processor donation to boinc?

Okay, guys, quick question. With this project moving along so nicely is there anything you'd find useful from the staff here? I can put it to the mods/smods/etc. and ask, no guarantees, but I can try. :) Let me know and I'll see if I can do anything for you.

Is there a way wwe could help get the drivers done? Coding, hacking, processor donation to boinc?

Coding and hacking is how things get done.

Back