Getting Custom Kernels Running on the Droid X

Cool, thanks! I dont have the cause I don't have a job to maintain a real website, and that's the link that's been put out for people. Eventually ill set her up to roll on her own terms.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I can give you some server space, if you like (for low-bandwidth stuff - can't host actual files). Let me know and I can set you up with an install of any of the following on more proper hosting (will have to shut it down if there are bandwidth/spam issues, though):
b2evolution
Nucleus
WordPress
Drupal
Geeklog
Joomla 1.5
Joomla
Mambo
PHP-Nuke
phpWCMS
phpWebSite
Siteframe
TYPO3
Xoops
Zikula
phpBB
SMF
TikiWiki CMS/Groupware
PhpWiki

I'm not on my computer to look. Ill take a better look on my computer when I get on it tomorrow.

Traffic is like 1000 unique hits per week. I have not kept a total hit counter. Bigger on updates/ release (one upcoming Monday)

Yeah I get around 250 - 300 a week on my blog, but on release days it can jump to 2500 that day then usually doubles the next two. It really surprises me that that many people are interested. I'm totally down with webhosting if you're up to maintaining it.

Awesome, thanks! Mind spreading the word?

Gonna do research tonight on these sites to get an approximation. Can anyone summarize the work we need done? If it's not too expensive, I may open the job tonight.

I'm really quite worried about paying someone to do it. Really I would like some volunteers helping me than paid people. But then again if its under the gpl/bsd license and the source it open I'm ok with that.

I don't mind maintaining. The major reason I like the wix site is cause it isn't blocked on the school network, so I can update it there if needed. Makes life convenient.

Cool, thanks! I dont have the cause I don't have a job to maintain a real website, and that's the link that's been put out for people. Eventually ill set her up to roll on her own terms.

I can give you some server space, if you like (for low-bandwidth stuff - can't host actual files). Let me know and I can set you up with an install of any of the following on more proper hosting (will have to shut it down if there are bandwidth/spam issues, though):
b2evolution
Nucleus
WordPress
Drupal
Geeklog
Joomla 1.5
Joomla
Mambo
PHP-Nuke
phpWCMS
phpWebSite
Siteframe
TYPO3
Xoops
Zikula
phpBB
SMF
TikiWiki CMS/Groupware
PhpWiki
whoo got the ibm thinkpad wified up since its all i got in my room.
alias and i were talking and decided a wiki like site would be best. hosting could be done through volunteers a la the initial release, and i can actually make sure its in my dropbox public folders this time. last time was mad hectic cause of tough timing and i wasnt around to really coordinate anything. thank you!

That level of traffic would be fine for web pages (in fact, much heavier would be fine for just web pages). It's just hosting actual files that would be a problem. Linking to mirrors (Dropbox, etc.) is what would need to be done.

I'll go ahead and get TikiWiki setup on this (it's somewhat of a CMS in addition to wiki) and try to have it up and running tomorrow. If you want, it should be all good-to-go for the 14th release. If you want. :)

Okay, FYI, this domain will stop pointing at the Wix site for now and will be pointing to the new Wiki soonish. I'll get you two some admin(ish) access to the site tomorrow.

Cheers!

Many thanks man! We have a mirror for the files already and I've been working to secure others. I think the second release will get more traffic than the first so the 14 might be the litmus test for the site.

I think, once we get this set up, I'm going to leave the wix site up with a link pointing to the wiki for a while. Just cause people have that bookmarked and such.

The following was posted on this threads companion thread on Droid x forums. I don't know what this means, and it's dinner time. Anyone wanna take a look?

Great news. Moto has released a droid x model called me811 in China. This model is almost the same with the Verizon one except the uim card which contains the id cryptic information like sim card. I think you hacker guys can find some usefull things from the me811 system.

Can we get one in the states?

No idea. Ill ask on the other three forums I have threads on (xda, Droid x forums, android.net) and see if anyone can get hands on one/knows anything

If we can we should see about firing up a device fund

Waiting for word on the street. May be worth it. Still know nothing.

Back